Yo!

Chocobo, wark!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Yo!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:49 pm

M.Steiner
I've not really been enjoying WoW very much for the past couple of months (post), and finally after giving it some serious thought i thought now would be the perfect time to give FF a try. Though i still intend to return to WoW sometime in the future i will probably be playing FF the foreseeable future (if i enjoy it that is lol)

So i've gone ahead and ordered the game already (the bundle that comes with Chains of Promathiand & Rise of the Zilart) which should arrive in the next couple of days. However my computer is currently borked and is being sent away to be looked at/repaired shortly so i won't actually be able to play the game for a week or so even when the game arrives.
Anyway, looking forward to being able to play soonish. I shall do some noobie reading in the mean time. :D
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:55 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Wootageness! Welcome to the dark side ;)

When you get a character made we can give you help on getting started, some cash and info on how to get started etc. I'll also come out and level an alt class with you so you arent on your own. Nice to have you aboard :thumb:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:46 pm

winbrian
Cool, then you can give BlackDove and Anny some company when they are on and we are not ^^

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:25 pm

BlackDove
What the hell are you talking about Lady? I'm on all the time. Go make me some tea. Also I found the program for you. Tell me about it when you see me on.

Also, good move MS, I think you'll like it (once you get past the first 10 levels)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:44 am

M.Steiner
My copy of FF arrived this morning, just gotta wait until my pc has been repaired now and then i can play (it was picked up yesterday). I could probably install it and play at low specs on this pc but i'll wait until my other one is back to properly enjoy it. :)

Just looking through the installation manual's, they look just lovely to say the least heh. :nervous:

btw is it easy enough to change payment method with FF? eg. Say one month you didn't have any cash spare on one card and needed to use a different one? Only real worry really as both WoW and NC only took 4 payments out per year (for the 2 accounts) with the 6month subscriptions whereas FF takes out 12 or would take out 24 if Ava got the game too...Don't always have cash available on the same card every month heh. So i hopes that won't be a problem changing cards if needs be.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:37 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Lovely in a good way? lol.

And yes, changing payment methods is easy in FF. The PlayOnline viewer (which is basically your launcher that does so much more than any other launcher) has a Membership option, where you can review your information, your billing statement, etc. Theres an Update Billing Information option there that you can use to change credit cards :thumb:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:45 pm

M.Steiner
Ah great. Good to know, thx Anny. :)

Oh and lovely in a sarcastic way lol. Though i expect the installing process looks worse than it actually is hehe.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:49 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Installation/Patching is the worst part of the game. Patching more so though. Its just ugh. Dont judge the game on it ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:07 pm

Inquisitor
Yes, installation is the WORST. Probably the worst installation process of any game I have played.
No signature

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:32 pm

BlackDove
I don't know, I kinda liked it. It did its own thing while I watched the movie, when I came back it was done.

Neocron had a way worser patch system - you had to download each of the 70-100 patches one by one, and even then, some would always be corrupt, then you had to reboot your viewer when a certain patch changed the version, which was every sixth patch or so. Much worser.

Return to “Final Fantasy”