FFXI Returning Player Info - The Game Has Changed

Chocobo, wark!

Moderator: Global Moderators

FFXI Returning Player Info - The Game Has Changed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:29 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Well, it's been a loooong time since we last had activity in this forum (10 years...I actually can't believe it's been that long). But damn it, I think it's about time to change that.

I've been in a real MMO mood lately, and was casting around to find something to play. For whatever reason I ended up thinking about FFXI and the story that I never completed there. Reading around the game, I was pretty surprised at just how much has changed. Most stuff is soloable now, with the help of Trust NPCs that you can recruit through quests, for example. And on a more personal note, Dark Knight is actually popular at endgame now - typical that as soon as I stop playing, no more flagging for party for 7 hours as a DRK... It sounded pretty appealing to me.

I'm still playing FFXIV for now, and likely will be for the next month or so at least, but I intend to pick FFXI back up once I'm done there. In the event that anyone else reads this and fancies a trip back too, some of the more interesting reading I've found can be found below:

Returning to Vana'diel - What Has Changed Guide
Quickstart 1-119 Guide - Completing All Content
FFXI Reddit
Development Team Q&A July 2018 - What's The Future?

This forum will likely get a bit more active again as and when I resub :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: Returning Player Info - The Game Has Changed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:09 am

LightningP38
Well, this sounds interesting... I've been showing games from my high school and college years to my kids, and for some reason, FFXI didn't pop in my head ; I should give it a try, my 11 year old son has been enjoying LoZ Breath of the Wild lately, so he might be interested by other Japanese fantasy games...

Re: FFXI Returning Player Info - The Game Has Changed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:26 pm

Brucedg
I think my son would love to try it though!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:19 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Bumping this, since Quiz has come back!

There's some good info here which I'm using to re-learn things!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:06 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
General update, I have found this which makes life SO MUCH better:

FFXI Remapster Project

Basically an addon for Windower that replaces all the old 500px stretched and useless maps ingame with high def ones containing details the originals left out. QOL + 100%.

Return to “Final Fantasy”