The Paladin Situation.

Moderator: Global Moderators

The Paladin Situation.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:25 pm

sam.freak
Ok guys, you're seeing what's going on. We've got a total of four (4) active Pallies atm.

This sucks.

We need at least 3 Pallies on any decent 40 man raid for buffing. 4 or 5 if possible. It's great that at least Grimetide and Sourcream have the balls to switch to their alts for MC (Hevestis and Icecow respectively, mad props to them), and we've got Kippensoep and Carnal coming up (Gwaihir and a totally new player, grats to you).

Those two are currently the only reason that keeps me from spamming the recruiting and general channels in the cities.

Since pallies are so totally underrepresented in this guild I will most likely do that eventually. I want to have at least 10 BWL-capable Pallies when I finish recruiting.

Discuss.
Last edited by sam.freak on Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I loot Legendaries.

http://ctprofiles.net/1752

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:32 pm

Sateenlaula
you want me to make a palladin? :rolleyes:
my druid is already level 9, so it won't be a prob
to have a palladin level 60 in notime ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:59 pm

SSX-Ava
Better to have few nice palas then mass recruit aload of ass hats, just so you can raid more efficiently.
I'd hate to see the LFpalas spam in general and I hope to god you were joking when you wrote that dude.
This thread could be usefull in triggering guildies friends who are palas into applying :). Now everyone knows the situation.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:41 pm

Linkie
if needed ill start a Pala alt and drop my druid and mage alt ^^
WoW:
NE Rogue LvL 60 Called Linkie

GW:
Eli/Mon LvL 8 Called Sakura The Small

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:48 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Tell me you do not think spamming LFG to recruit is EVER a good way to recruit for us, regardless of whether there's a shortage of a class :blank:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:17 pm

Dodotorpedo
Metroid (Nomex) has a lvl 30ish paladin and plans to level him to 60, there is still hope! :P

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:46 pm

Misspain
Maybe i can help a bit here. Maybe you've seen grostag in the guild who has been inactive for like months now :P Well, he's actually one of Deo's numerous alts. Of course as it is, they can't be online at the same time, but i can transfer him to my account, and thus we can have a (imba :D) priest and pally at the same time. Obviously the transfers on this server gotta come up first, and the pally needs some work on his gear and prequests, but at least he is 60 already and holy/prot specced. I just need to clean up the rust on his armour a little and brush up my healing and he should be fine. Well those are my thoughts anyway, but as I said already it depends on when the transfers are enabled.
Misspain - 60 Gnome Mage
Grostag - 60 Human Pally
Aelynn - 38 NE Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:47 pm

Misspain
Maybe i can help a bit here. Maybe you've seen grostag in the guild who has been inactive for like months now (lets face it pallies are boring :D). Well, he's actually one of Deo's numerous alts. Of course as it is, they can't be online at the same time, but i can transfer him to my account, and thus we can have either a priest/pala or priest/mage combo. Obviously the transfers on this server gotta come up first, and the pally needs some work on his gear and prequests, but at least he is 60 already and holy/prot specced. I just need to clean up the rust on his armour a little and brush up my healing and he should be fine. Well those are my thoughts anyway, but as I said already it depends on when the transfers are enabled.
Misspain - 60 Gnome Mage
Grostag - 60 Human Pally
Aelynn - 38 NE Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:58 am

Integra
i have a lvl 48 pala now and i kanda wanna take that as my new main for a wile when its lvl 60(except naxx/AQ40). my pally is mainly holy with seal of command. planning taking 31-7-13.after campzone i still have a week off so will try to get it 60.
Pierce me with swords, rend me with claw and fang. As i die a legend will be born for another generation to fallow.

Lucia -60- lock
Aeris -60- Priest
Integra -60- Hunter
Lunarcry -60- Druid
Brenda -60- Paladin
ZapDragon -Lvling- Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:59 am

sam.freak
Yeah, Pallies are boring.

Especially if they're holy/prot specced. Like me. It's a stupid spec.

You can ask the guys that went to BG's with me the last week how that usually works out. :thumb:

Oh, and yeah I wouldn't recruit any asshats. But I can guarantee you one thing: If you are a new paladin going to MC/BWL you won't have to fight for loot all the way to Tier 2. You're going to fall into a DKP hole so deep you'll have to raid for 2 years just to get back to zero.
Anubis wrote:Tell me you do not think spamming LFG to recruit is EVER a good way to recruit for us, regardless of whether there's a shortage of a class :blank:
Yes. This doesn't change the fact that we did this before, and goddamnit if it's necessary I will do it again.
I loot Legendaries.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:01 am

Eolas
Arelgi was my first character and he is a lvl 60 pala - undergeared but should cope with mc - i had brought him once to bwl when i first entered SSX last January and was there when SSX conquered Chrommie for the first time. In extreme situations i.e. when a raid wont be happening cause of lack of palas / healers please ask me to come with Arelgi.
"Do unto others what you have them do to you" - Jesus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:19 am

SSX-Ava
sam.freak wrote:
Anubis wrote:Tell me you do not think spamming LFG to recruit is EVER a good way to recruit for us, regardless of whether there's a shortage of a class :blank:
Yes. This doesn't change the fact that we did this before, and goddamnit if it's necessary I will do it again.
Please enlighten me to as which paladins in the SSX were ever recruited this way? I can only recall 1 or 2 paladins being sent my way by yourself and they were turned down.
I do disagree with this totaly and I won't support it in any way shape of form. Recruiting random people to further the guilds raids is totaly against what I for one would hope this guild stood for.
The question is do people want SSX=LF=PALADINS being yelled in
Ironforge ? Or are we going to continue with the community base we have built up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:19 am

Dodotorpedo
sam.freak wrote:
Zomg we did this before? :shake:

IMO it's probably better to stop raiding then to pick up random people for SSX.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:30 am

Plovske
Dodotorpedo wrote:
sam.freak wrote:
Zomg we did this before? :shake:

IMO it's probably better to stop raiding then to pick up random people for SSX.
indeed
enjoy!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:50 am

M.Steiner
I should hope non of our groups go about recruiting like that, we never have and i hope you don't start to...
If you don't have enough pallys to raid then don't. I really think its a bad idea to go actively looking for people of a certain class and recruiting them whether they are nice people or not just so you can do some damned instance, jesus christ.

The only reason the guild has raided is because we could, we had the people and people enjoyed it. Not because we had to and couldn't live without it..Why friggin force it by recruiting like that? :rolleyes:

Basically what Anny, Ava, Dodo and Plov have said. :o
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:07 am

base
I think kane is just voicing his frustration, he's not gonna go out and spam guild invites to random level 60 paladins.

I was going to wait until the expansion before I rolled a paladin, but my human one is level 9 now, which, is not very useful at all :D

Don't worry, things will turn around.
Ryoko/Deluxe
InvadeSpace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:41 am

Galador
Clearly Kane is venting his frustration and I understand perfectly what he is trying to say.

Whilst recruiting blindly is never an option for a guild like ours, we have people who are valid trying to enter the guild that have been waiting for some time now and are still waiting. Now I do understand that the recruitment process has just receieved a major overhaul and that all mods are super mega busy esp with the new changes and all but maybe we should give our recruitment process a slight push.

That said, I am happy that we have in our guild people that are ready to go to an instance with an alt that maybe isnt their fave toon just to aid the guild progress and function better - thanks for not being selfish guys. :thumb:

And Kane thanks for having the guts to bring this up in the forums and make everyone aware of what the situation currently is. I am sure that we will find a suitable solution eventually.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:26 am

Eolas
As I said I won't mind occasionaly coming to raid on my pally (note occasionaly :lol: ) but Kane I need to whisp you abut respeccing and also I need you to update me on the recent must have mods and tricks of the trade as I never actually heavily raided with this character. Don't lose heart Kane - we all lav ya and support ya! ;)
"Do unto others what you have them do to you" - Jesus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:51 am

sam.freak
SSX-Ava wrote:Please enlighten me to as which paladins in the SSX were ever recruited this way? I can only recall 1 or 2 paladins being sent my way by yourself and they were turned down.
Oh, I'm not talking about Paladins specifically. But I distinctly remember SSX recruiting in IF, generally. This happened around may, june last year.
I loot Legendaries.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:12 am

QuantumDelta
sam.freak wrote:
We never did this.
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:38 am

SoulSeeker
Sorry i've been busy ...summer etc also playing BF2,Red Orchestra, trying to get my vintage white strat sounding like hendrix lol( i wish).

Tbh since QD left the raiding forum section hasnt been used much which is a shame as QD put alot of work into it.I check it alot but theres not been a post since the 8th July so having not been in wow asmuch as normal i assumed there wasnt any raids.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:00 pm

Dodotorpedo
SoulSeeker wrote:Sorry i've been busy ...summer etc also playing BF2,Red Orchestra, trying to get my vintage white strat sounding like hendrix lol( i wish).

Tbh since QD left the raiding forum section hasnt been used much which is a shame as QD put alot of work into it.I check it alot but theres not been a post since the 8th July so having not been in wow asmuch as normal i assumed there wasnt any raids.
It's been archived, we nolonger use it :P

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:05 pm

SoulSeeker
/me goes back to smokin weed and trying to sound like hendrix............

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:25 pm

Sondemon
I can tell you this, I will never let a person get into the guild cuz we need the class he's playing. Not as long as I have something to say about recruitment. If a person gets into the guild, it's because of who he or she is, how he or she is. The person!

Galador, you say recruitment is slow. Yes, it has been slow, we're working on it, I'm doing my best, it's not like I sit and do nothing about it. We've just started sorting it out, and we will handle every application soon.

Now, back to subject. We've got pallys in the guild, quite many are alts tho. And as I've told you Kane, I'll relog anytime you need me too, tho I still prefer playing on Chalan. Kindof like Mip said the other day, he enjoys playing his rogue to pvp etc, but he loves his hunter to damn much to ever stop playing with it. Same with me and my druid.

I don't really see this as a huge problem, we can pretty much always get a few pallys into each raid, this happens with every class. When I started, we were like 2-3 druids, and sometimes I was alone raiding. Now during the summer we're usually low on warlocks.

Just chill, wait and see, it's still summer afterall! :D
There is a cow level, and it's called MULGORE!

"I can still hear the laughter echo, and the taste of blood in my mouth.."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:33 pm

base
was worse with druids before you joined chalan :P you made one more to the total
Ryoko/Deluxe
InvadeSpace

Return to “=EU= World of Warcraft- Outland”