The Paladin Situation.

Moderator: Global Moderators

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:49 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
sam.freak wrote:Yes. This doesn't change the fact that we did this before, and goddamnit if it's necessary I will do it again.
No, I don't recall that ever happening, please give us names of those recruited this way as Ava said.

And honestly, if you find that an acceptable way of recruiting people for this guild, you shouldnt be in charge of any form of recruitment. Ever.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:05 pm

Revalus
I would love the be more on my paladin. I will even spec it more better for the raids. But with the amount off active warlocks we have nowerday's the changes are small that i can actuly play the paladin :blank: But if you ever need me you know where to find me ;D
Hunter - Revalus - 60
Paladin - Hevestis - 60
Warlock - Grimetide - 60
Druid - Arcamedis - 60

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:03 pm

Galador
Sondemon wrote:IGalador, you say recruitment is slow. Yes, it has been slow, we're working on it, I'm doing my best, it's not like I sit and do nothing about it. We've just started sorting it out, and we will handle every application soon.
Just for the record I did say:

"I do understand that the recruitment process has just receieved a major overhaul and that all mods are super mega busy esp with the new changes"

In other words, its pretty understandable that things have been slow and in no way did I say or imply that you have been "sitting and doing nothing about it". I know you are doing your best Chalan, and not only you - all those that help you out in a task which isn't easy at all and quite frankly considering that it's just been around 3 weeks since QD/Ava left, I must say that you, Mip and the mods have done an awesome job.

Just one suggestion:

If sometimes you feel that the workload is larger than the workers just consider that there might be other guildies willing to help in whatever the guild requires. And I am one of them.

Keep up the good work peeps! :thumb:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:08 pm

QuantumDelta
Dodotorpedo wrote:
It's been archived, we nolonger use it :P
I guessed no one would want to put any effort in.
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:55 pm

base
The officers and the guild have been putting a lot of effort into many things since you left.
Ryoko/Deluxe
InvadeSpace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:04 pm

sam.freak
Ah right active involvement into the discussion!

Are you finished ripping me to shreds now?

Cool.

Can you contribute to the solution of this problem?

Please carry on.

(And FYI I'm not in charge of recruiting nor have I ever been.)

Again.

I'm not looking for ways you guys can criticise me but for ways we can stop what pallies we got left from burning out.

Discuss (constructive only from here on).
Last edited by sam.freak on Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I loot Legendaries.

http://ctprofiles.net/1752

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:08 pm

Sondemon
QuantumDelta wrote:
Dodotorpedo wrote:
It's been archived, we nolonger use it :P
I guessed no one would want to put any effort in.
The system didn't work at the time, sure we could've put more effort in it. Tho we chose to put our effort into other things. We will bring the signups back in one way or another, once we work out a way for it to work better.
There is a cow level, and it's called MULGORE!

"I can still hear the laughter echo, and the taste of blood in my mouth.."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:27 pm

base
Once everybody has stopped throwing rocks at kanes face, I suggest the officers and palas talk about this in game.
Ryoko/Deluxe
InvadeSpace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:43 pm

Metroid
Im currently leveling Nomex my lvl 32 Paladin to lvl 60 as fast as possible, although i dont have any raid experience im dying to join in on some raids
especially since i can actually be of some use :). I dont have any lvl 60's on Outland since i used to play on another server, but im planning on playing this paladin as my main.

Also i used to play Kevlar, my lvl 37 paladin, but that was before Dodo dragged me off to play different games, i wanted to start out with a new one.
"Who is to say that outcasts are wrong in what they do?"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:12 pm

NightDreams
Tbh if there is a problem with lack of active palas then yes it does need to be looked at, with people going on a break, holiday, changing to a new main or even leaving wow then yes maybe its an idea to talk about it, even if we dont recuruit still an idea to talk about the problem if there is one.
As for Kane saying about spamming IF lfg channel i do rememebr a time when almost anyone was able to get in the guild as we were still very small and new to the game. This being a time before people like Ava and Anny were playing and people like myself and Qd were still lvling.
So yes it may not be wise to get some old random people from IF into the guild :P it is a good idea imo to at least talk about the problem as Kane has said there is one, reguardless of how the ssx works if there is a problem it should be looked at and not just ignored just cos we dont recruit based on classes to raid.
Mip
Lies can be good, If they are put to good use.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:36 am

Dodotorpedo
Metroid wrote: Also i used to play Kevlar, my lvl 37 paladin, but that was before Dodo dragged me off to play different games, i wanted to start out with a new one.
Lies I tell you, I deny everything!

Class/level/race(for the gnomehaters/lovers among us) shouldn't matter on recruitment IMO, we'll have to find another way to solve the Paladin problems but I'm sure we can come up with something at the meeting tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:35 am

QuantumDelta
ppl seem to have it backwards, when you recruit proactively in this guild you do not spam forums or LFG/Recruitment channels.

You simply PuG.

Yea, you go out there and meet people, and recruit the ones you want to add to your friends list on a solid basis.

You explain the concepts of the guild and the few rules and guidelines that we have and see if they're interested.

/side note first line was mainly following the context of dodos last post.
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:42 am

sam.freak
Yar, so I can't recruit, since how many pallie can you use in a party?
I loot Legendaries.

http://ctprofiles.net/1752

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:45 am

Sofia
http://www.farqtheorc.com/wowcomic_paladins-suck.html ...?

Yes, the paladin situation is beyond frightening!
*Runs & hides*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:47 am

Dodotorpedo
Sofia wrote:http://www.farqtheorc.com/wowcomic_paladins-suck.html ...?

Yes, the paladin situation is beyond frightening!
*Runs & hides*
Pure genius.

Return to “=EU= World of Warcraft- Outland”