- Meeting 24/7-06 -

Moderator: Global Moderators

- Meeting 24/7-06 -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:05 pm

Sondemon
As some of you know, we had a mod/cl meeting yesterday, and this is the outcome of it:

Interfering with who gets what loot:
The only time someone is to interfere with loot is for MT(Armed) and main OT(Losty) loot.
If it's made a call that the MT or the main OT is to get the loot, they get it for minimum bid.
-Reason- The best way to progress is to gear up the main and offtank.

Bidding on an item:
If a main character and an alt character bid on the same item, the alt needs to outbid the main in order to get the item.
If they both bid the same amount of dkp, the main wins the item by default.
If the main is in minus, and the alt can't afford minimum bid, it will still go to the main.
USE COMMON DECENCY!!
-Reason- Some people are asked to play on their alts and they should be allowed to bid the dkp they've earned, but still, use common sense.

If a person chooses to pass on an item for someone else, it's up to them and them alone to decide so without outside pressure or interferance.

Makings deals about bidding on items is NOT acceptable.
We have a closed bidding system for a reason, and people shouldn't feel pressured to pass for someone else.
If you want an item badly, don't convince people to let you take it for a low price. Bid the DKP you feel it's worth instead.

Playing another persons account:
A person playing someone elses account are not allowed to bid on items unless a particular item will otherwise be disenchanted.

DKP won't be earned for either account, unless you have been asked by the raidleader.
Then you will earn DKP for you own account.

New main character:
If you decide to make an alt your new mainchar, you will have a few days to decide if you made the right choice.
Also, your dkp will be transfered, no matter if it's positive or negative.
-Reasons- You won't be able to pick up alot of loot on one char, go into negative, and then leave that hole behind you.

Speeding up raids:
One post per raid, everyone signs up if they can come, with their name and class.
Also if you are able to come, but will be a bit late, or have to go to bed at a certain time,
should be mentioned in the post. In the first post it will also be mentioned when/if we have breaks.
People going chain-afk has to stop. One person going afk for 5 min, then when that one gets back,
another goes.

If you have died during a boss fight, you will get one ress afterwards,
if you don't accept it because you're afk, you will miss out on the loot.
If you have to go afk for some reason, then whisper your classleader or the raidleader.

Classleaders, you should have a seperate whisper window for this so you won't miss a whisper, and you can scroll back.

If no one shows interest in an item, we will no longer double check if anyone wants it.
If no one shows interest, it will be disenchanted right away.
-Reasons- All this is to clear the instances faster, if we can get BWL and AQ40(Twin emps) down in 1 day each, we'll be able to go Naxxramas!

Vent:
Please use some common courtesy while on vent, especially during raids.
If someone is trying to explain a tactic, please don't interupt them.

Raid invites:
Invites are based on gear(whether you need gear or if you got good enough gear to be of use) and experience. Nothing else.

Farming mats:
People will be able to farm certain mats(ie, arcane crystals or mooncloth) and get money for it from the guildbank.
A list of mats and prices will be up later on.
-Reasons- It shouldn't be a few people farming for flasks all the time, and getting nothing for it. It will also offer people a new way of making money, and still help the guild.

New prices on bank items:
Nexus crystals will now cost 2 dkp each.
Fiery and Lava cores will now cost 2 dkp each.

If you buy something and change your mind, it can always be refunded.
Taking something from any guildbank to sell on the AH isn't ok, and will mean you can't get more items from the guildbanks.
Last edited by Sondemon on Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
There is a cow level, and it's called MULGORE!

"I can still hear the laughter echo, and the taste of blood in my mouth.."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:20 pm

Arche
- I still suggest a no talking about loot rule.
- If someone does whispers you just answer with "I'm not allowed to react" Saying yes or no isn't in my opinion considered a deal, but it DOES influance people and bids

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:44 pm

Galador
I like the new guild bank system very much - makes it much more fair for those who have been sacrificing themselves for months to farm titan flask mats amongst other stuff.

I also read about Naxx plans but to get there we need to concentrate more on AQ, getting Huhu down and on farm again and downing Twin Emps again - this wont be easy, ppl need to prepare and stuff so it all depends on us. The more effort we invest in raid preparation, the better results we get, the quicker we start Naxx. I find the changes in speeding loot bids and stuff a definite move in the right direction esp wrt MC/BWL.

Also, one last point, I hope that those still not attuned to Naxx are working on their AD rep and mats as needed. :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:46 pm

Dodotorpedo
Arche, deals about loot are not allowed, if somewone in your class channel is asking: who's bidding on this item? He's breaking the rules.

If somewone whispers you asking if your going to bid for the item in question, he's breaking the rules.

I don't know what you mean with talking about loot.

Edit: BTW I forgot to bring up a subject I wanted to talk about in the modmeeting yesterday, from now on I will be writing stuff down for myself to remember what issues I want adressed and I advice other mods/classleaders to do the same.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:49 pm

Arche
Hate to bring out old stories. But...

If someone announces in their classes chat they're going to pass without anybody else saying. Other might say that as well, because they feel pressured.

Even people with good intentions should not talk about loot what so ever :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:52 am

Drongnel
The dissing of loot if no bids, i agree in most case's but my only query would be if it's epic resist gear (for example the leather bracers with nr from skeram) then maybe we should put around a warning before the diss as it is the sort of thing that would help raid progression?
'I Thought what i'd do is i'd pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes'

Drongnel 60 Dorf hunter (Miner/Engineer)
Ank 38 Gnome mage (Engineer/Tailor)
Dinkl 38 Gnome rogue (Skinner/Leatherworker)
Tamburlaine 22 Dorf Pally (Miner/Blacksmith)
Fayed 20 Nelf Drood (Enchanter/Skinner)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:39 am

Sondemon
Drongnel wrote:The dissing of loot if no bids, i agree in most case's but my only query would be if it's epic resist gear (for example the leather bracers with nr from skeram) then maybe we should put around a warning before the diss as it is the sort of thing that would help raid progression?
We'll look into prices like this, there are a few items like this. They will most likely be lowered some, can't say a date when it all will be looked over, but we know about this and we will take care of it :)
There is a cow level, and it's called MULGORE!

"I can still hear the laughter echo, and the taste of blood in my mouth.."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:12 pm

Brittfire
i like the idea of lowering the dkp cost of resist gear, as it can seriously dent someone intention to bid becouse all they're getting is an expensive item that'll sit in their bags 99.9999% of the time. i dont want to dent my dkp for that reason alone, i prefer bidding on "OMGZ THATZ SO PRO!" items.

but apart from that, all good ideas. having a character at a boss for set pieces can be handys for some, as long as it doesnt put out others.
TBC update
tomato ketchup will be a required reagent for feign death and rogues can apply huntersmark with a crayon!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:27 pm

QuantumDelta
Brittfire wrote:i like the idea of lowering the dkp cost of resist gear, as it can seriously dent someone intention to bid becouse all they're getting is an expensive item that'll sit in their bags 99.9999% of the time. i dont want to dent my dkp for that reason alone, i prefer bidding on "OMGZ THATZ SO PRO!" items.

but apart from that, all good ideas. having a character at a boss for set pieces can be handys for some, as long as it doesnt put out others.

when the system was wrote most people whom had dkp were very willing to spend it on resistance pieces, simply to be prefered for resistance fights, or to put themselves in good stead for the rest of the instance.
It's why they were reasonably high (I think one or two were overvalued but seeing as they still went for maxbid when they dropped (bar one, which was taken by armed as main OT) I didn't want to change it because then people would be once again complaining; "ZOMG ITX TAOZ HCEEPZ!"

-.-

If the situation has changed then no probs, but this is one of the things I actually asked quite a few of our regular raiders about.
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

Return to “=EU= World of Warcraft- Outland”