Isegrim - 60 paladin

Moderator: Global Moderators

Isegrim - 60 paladin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:59 am

Isegrim
Hello there all. I'm interested in joining your guild so let me tell you about myself so you know who you're dealing with. :)

My name is Roy Arts. I'm from a small place in the Netherlands and atm I'm 15 years old.
My hobbies are gaming (naturally), watching movies (<3) and hang about on the internet (addict!). I follow everything of things I'm interested in, for example I check daily on new Burning Crusade info (need to know stuff? /w).

For the rest I fill my time with school, work and some sports.
I'm now in my fourth year of VWO (which can pretty much be translated in something like Advanced Scientific Education) and I've got 2 years left completing that. After that I'm looking to do something with either languages or psychology.. I'm really good in languages and I'd be interested in doing something with English (teacher, interpreter maybe, something else) but recently started thinking about the branch of psychology... I'm really interested in that myself and never really considered that as a possibilty for a career, but after going over it a few times I think it's gonna be a solid option and will most likely also actually go the way of the Knowledge of the Soul. :)
So yeah, I work. I'm 15 so it's nothing major... I spend a few hours a week (tuesdays and thursdays 2, saturdays 4) filling in the local supermarket close to my home. It's quite nice really as it has alot of cool people you can chat with during work, and also a few guys from around my age.
Sports... I didn't do anything about sports for quite a while. I wanted to sport but didn't really took time to investigate what could be something for me. Now I went back to fitness, which I do once a week. It's real diversive and I'm quite enjoying it. :)

Other general interests I have are old Egypt, the universe, the future and politics.
It totally fascinates me how the Egyptians used to live back in the time, with all their unraveled mysteries concering their pyramids, pharaoh's and myths.
Also find it very interesting to think about how it all started. The earth must've started with an asteroid... other asteroids clashed on it and it began growing... but why did asteroids fuse and started expanding? And how did the earth get the core that it now has? And how did the earth get so round? Where do asteroids come from anyway?!... Thinking about how the universe works is a great way of torturing you brain. :)
And the future.. I'm a big fan of everything modern. That's why I also like abstract, futuristic and 3D art (artworks made with photoshop). It fascinates me how it's going to be in a couple of years, that's why I find movies like I, Robot so cool to look at. I love those types of modern inventions.
Yeah, I'm generally interested in politics. Got that from my father I guess, he's second councillor of a certain political party here in our town so I guess he infected me with political interest. :) Don't think I'll ever take it further (that I'll be in the government sometime in the future or something lol..) but I just like following what's going on. ^^

Anyway, that's for about everything that goes about in my head.. :o

About my gaming history then.
I once started at the age of 8 with the shooter Unreal Tournament (only with bots, I was too noob at that time to figure out that there was something like ''playing with other real persons'') and from that moment on I was an instant fan of games and computers. I've always pretty much sticked to the FPS genre (futuristic shoot-em-up, I don't like realistic shooters like CoD) so World of Warcraft was a whole new game for me.
After some experimenting with characters I eventually ended up with a dwarven paladin which I enjoyed very much levelling up. The whole new experience of this game and everything that goes along with an RPG was real cool to witness.
I only started to notice the use of guilds too late though, so I missed a little part of grouping sense and WoW communication and ended up without a proper guild where I could feel at home at level 60. Eventually a friend of mine got me into The House of Atreides which became my first place. I learned everything there and it was a truly awesome place with fantastic people. When we started doing BWL though I had some IRL issues basically involving this game, how it affected me and how much time I was putting into it.
So I blatantly quit.
But as someone doesn't just quit WoW, I came back after a while (like 3 months?) thinking that it could be doable if I took it easy on the raiding. Unfortunately HoA had disbanded meanwhile so I didn't have a guild.. In an AB match I then randomly met Kratox who I got talking with and so I got in Infinity. Later that merged with Smile which I am currently in. There are a few things I really don't like about this guild, for example the split communication (smile members, infinity members) or actually no communication at all. I really want a guild to be a vibrant environment. There needs to be some chat going on and I'd like answers when I have a question..
Kratox tonight recommended SSX which he just got in. I <3 him and he <3s me, so I want to be with him in a guild and he wants to be with me in a guild. Thus he wanted me to join SSX. :)
As I always have my doubts when joining guilds, I asked Kratox for some info and later on had a real nice chat with Imposter who excellently explained how this guild works.. and I must say it sounded perfect.

I read through your pages of what Shattered Star Exiles stands for, and I have to say I'm really impressed that such thing can form through computer games (if ppl outside games formed this or through games I dunno, but still) and that it's sounding really solid. The community that I like to be in sounds like SSX, so I felt like applying and hope to get in.

About the vouching thing.. I realise I don't know alot of people in this guild. Frankly just Kratox and then Imposter from the chat tonight. So I'd like to get to know some people from here first. I'll try and lie some contact and do whatever to make some more friends. :D

I know this is aloooot of text.. I could fill a novel with this but I felt like letting you know a bit about my background. I might sound like a grandpa for my use of words considering I'm only 15 ( :D ) but I'm quite a bit more loose ingame and you can have alot of fun with me. :p

I hope to speak some of u ingame and thanks for reading.. :)
Isegrim.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:29 am

Sondemon
First, god that's a long app. Now I'm gonna read it and make a proper reply!
There is a cow level, and it's called MULGORE!

"I can still hear the laughter echo, and the taste of blood in my mouth.."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:37 am

Sondemon
Well, read it all now *Wipes his forehead*
Very nice app, not much left out. What I'm wondering is tho, what do you wish to get by joining the SSX community? Anything special or just ppl to play and talk to?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:58 pm

Kratox
i vote for u bro :D :thumb:
head shot !
Kratox - 60 locky
Brohn - 60 priest
Soulblade - 11 warrior

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:29 pm

Isegrim
Sondemon wrote:Well, read it all now *Wipes his forehead*
Very nice app, not much left out. What I'm wondering is tho, what do you wish to get by joining the SSX community? Anything special or just ppl to play and talk to?
Well, not directly anything special.
It's a game and I play it ofcourse, but when you can be in a nice environment while doing so, it's all the better.

I've been in few guilds but I have noticed that I like people to be kind and alive and that I can feel comfortable with the them. Have got to notice that being with friends is also quite important. When you're in a guild some ppl come and go, and with some you're closer than others and with some you really feel bad when they leave. Kratox told me that this'd be a solid place to stick around and become friends with the ppl that are in it.. to do stuff with while playing this pwnage game. ^^

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:20 pm

Ruhn
Heyhey, very well written post, its good to see people putting effort in this kind of stuff. Anyways Ill prolly see you online again

:thumb:
Chuck Norris beat Halo 2 on Legendary using only the strafe buttons and flashlight -.-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:29 pm

Arche
Very nice application, and good cause to join

hi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:06 pm

Riccko
Yeh nice post

Maybe hope to hear from you soon.(now thats what i call a long post :lol: )
I am of the opinion that my life belongs to this community, and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:55 pm

Shoarmabob
Just... wow :eek:

one of the best apps I've ever seen :P
is it a bird?
is it a plane?
NO!
IT'S SUPERBOB! HERE TO SAVE THE DAY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:52 pm

Misspain
Perhaps we should start dishing out awards. Something like longest application/post/thread ever. Man that would take me a whole afternoon to come up with :p
Misspain - 60 Gnome Mage
Grostag - 60 Human Pally
Aelynn - 38 NE Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:47 pm

Sondemon
Isegrim wrote:Well, not directly anything special.

When you're in a guild some ppl come and go

to do stuff with while playing this pwnage game. ^^
First, what I was looking for here was something more in the lines of hanging about with the community and forums, discussing things. Not "no special reason at all" as I understood it.

Sure, some ppl come, some ppl go, but in SSX you can't come and go as you like, which has to be said to some ppl. I guess you probably just ment that you see ppl join and some ppl leaving from time to time.

Finally, back to the first point again, SSX isn't about the game alone, about WoW that is, sure it's a big part of what happens on the forums, as WoW is a huge game, but there's alot of other games being discussed, and anything and everything being discussed.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to get things cleared out where I can

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:50 pm

Isegrim
Sondemon wrote:First, what I was looking for here was something more in the lines of hanging about with the community and forums, discussing things. Not "no special reason at all" as I understood it.
Okay.. I couldn't really follow what you were referring to here, so I took an assumption. Anyway, I see these forums and IRC and such are the main part of the guild communication. So sure, I will participate in that. As I said I love to hang around on internet and I'm very familair with tons of kinds of forums.
Sure, some ppl come, some ppl go, but in SSX you can't come and go as you like, which has to be said to some ppl. I guess you probably just ment that you see ppl join and some ppl leaving from time to time.
Exactly. I really wasn't implying that I feel like going and coming whenever I feel like it.
Finally, back to the first point again, SSX isn't about the game alone, about WoW that is, sure it's a big part of what happens on the forums, as WoW is a huge game, but there's alot of other games being discussed, and anything and everything being discussed.
No, I got my image straight now. :)
I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to get things cleared out where I can
Sure thing. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:00 am

Sondemon
Isegrim wrote:No, I got my image straight now. :)
Perfect

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:15 pm

Varanor / Dalaryna
Chalan is mean :<

Isegrim where in holland do you live?
Varanor 60 paladin.
Dalaryna 60 rogue.
Theradur 60 mage.
-----------------------
but my friends call me.. Kikkoman!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:57 pm

Isegrim
Few kilometers south of Nijmegen.. little place (officially city) called Grave (yes I know :x).

I'm already in SSX, but if somebody wants to chat you're most likely to find me on one of my alts:
Isaya (43 druid)
Kakorra (28 lock)
Aryss (25 rogue)
Daodan (19 warrior twink)
Sae (18 priest)
Voparixly (16 hunter)

I play and enjoy em all, so it's really random on which I am on. :D

alts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:20 pm

Riccko
Btw theres nothing stopping you from joining your alts into the guild
I am of the opinion that my life belongs to this community, and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can.

Return to “=EU= World of Warcraft- Outland”