BC talents!

Moderator: Global Moderators

BC talents!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:16 pm

Varanor / Dalaryna
Ok, i'm having a hard time making decisions about which spec I should give my Mage, Paladin and Rogue. I think i'm not the only one. My idea was to post your spec (any class) and to discuss whats so good about it :p. This is not a topic to help me with my build but a topic to show your own build and to discuss it :p.

my mage one:
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/under ... 0000000000

I like this one because i'm PoM addicted and because i'm very interested in the upcoming Arena PvP. 50% extra crit dmg + ignite sounds sexy to me. And slow just seems to be an ace way to keep warriors / rogues away as a fire mage.
Varanor 60 paladin.
Dalaryna 60 rogue.
Theradur 60 mage.
-----------------------
but my friends call me.. Kikkoman!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:20 pm

Sofia
I worked out many builds when the talents were first announced... for max PvE damage, PvP viability, burst capability, & so forth... conclusion: i cant tell it yet, because the talents are far from finalized. The rogue talents alone were changed so many times... for example after the community mathematically provided proof that our top tier combat talent is actually so screwed that it will reduce your dps output ... so they slaped a bandaid on it & i cant imagine to see that crap going retail. The assa top tier talent got completely reworked, because it was far worse than a friggin backstab. And the subtlety one was made available as learnable skill for all rogues & replaced with shadowstep... a buged stealth blink (which is going to see a revamp soon aswell, too fix lag problems like the original warr charge had - 1 sec stun fixed that)....... i could go on.

Can you see my point?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:49 pm

Varanor / Dalaryna
yeah I see your point, you're one of those rogues that never seems to be satisfied about the rogue talents and abilities huh?! oooh rogues are always being nerfed :<!.. :P j/k
Varanor 60 paladin.
Dalaryna 60 rogue.
Theradur 60 mage.
-----------------------

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:38 pm

Sofia
No. My point was that BC talents are in a constant change & not done yet, hence posting fictious specs is kinda moot.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:42 pm

Misspain
I dont know how many times i changed the talents around to find something i really liked. I think i will still stick with a deep fire build for the time being, something like this:

However, there is something appealing to me about the arcane tree, might try it out for pvp mainly coz i believe it still lacks the mana efficiency of fire or frost. I believe a blue post said somewhere that they wanted arcane missiles to become the best burst damage for mages, at the expense of mana efficiency ofc. But that is less of a problem in pvp, where the best strategy is to take down your opponent as quickly as possible. Combined with slow (and AP once in a while) i think it will be quite interesting. Here is my work in progess build :P

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/under ... 5000000000

I combined this with frost, for the insane crit bonus you can get with ice lance. Ice lance is very low dps, but when it crits (hence its combination with shatter) it does triple damage (hope they dont change this again). With the combined arcane and frost crit bonuses, its up for some interesting damage. POM is kinda wasted without fire tree, but i'd rather have something i can use every 20sec instead of 3min nuke. Arcane has a slight disadvantage imo, in that if you get counterspelled you loose most crowd controls. We'll have to see how that works out when we get the new talents. Over and out.
Misspain - 60 Gnome Mage
Grostag - 60 Human Pally
Aelynn - 38 NE Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:04 pm

Misspain
Hmm, i've been playing around with the maths behind these talents and if i'm correct, going deep arcane (40-41 talents) will outbenefit both other trees in terms of pure dmg. You also have a larger mana pool and more mana reg. The only thing that suffers is crit chance (unless you are lucky with clearcast :P), but then again crits with deep arcane wil hit much harder, especially with arcane power on. Then its up to how much you value the loss of abilities such as ice block/barrier, blastwave/dragon's breath and so on. Its gonna be a tough choice, but i will not think more about it until the x pack is in my hands and everything is finalized :P
Misspain - 60 Gnome Mage
Grostag - 60 Human Pally
Aelynn - 38 NE Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:22 pm

Caspae
The best leveling spec for hunters imo is :
Currently using this myself on bet (61) so put everything in BM first then currently at 5 in lethal shots 5 in efficiency , then 1 in go for the throat. Next point will go in there followed by aimed shot followed by Rapid Killing (wich is sorta bugged atm, if pet finishes mob and it usually does for me, the proc does not happen).

Will add screenshots later to support this :
pet 147.# DPS 8000 something armor , me with ferocious inspiration and quickshots @ 247.4 DPS = <3.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:53 pm

Isegrim
Going with something like this:
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/under ... 0105301051

I've always been 20/0/31, so I'm just expanding retribution while keeping the holy utility that I have now. Variations still possible.. I might ditch a few talents in retri to take more in holy, and I might change a few talents in retri.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:29 pm

Varanor / Dalaryna
Hate blizzard for making pala's tankadins.
Varanor 60 paladin.
Dalaryna 60 rogue.
Theradur 60 mage.
-----------------------

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:28 pm

Mjolnir
This is how my specc will look in TBC.
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent-bc=0t0izicsguAoZxxc
Though I'm not sure about the last talent point, because I do not know how usefull Force of Nature is.
If it's not usefull I will go with 1 point in Control of Nature or 1 point in Imp Nature's Grasp or even 1 point in Natural Shapeshifter! :o

Moonkin FTW! Pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew!
Hur kan ett gott skratt frlnga livet nr tiden gr fortare nr man har roligt?

I'm old enough to know better, but im too young to care.

Return to “=EU= World of Warcraft- Outland”