Learn to Play: My advice for TBC

Moderator: Global Moderators

Learn to Play: My advice for TBC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:19 am

base
Well Burning crusade is just around the corner now, and with 1.13 patch imminent, it means that every player can PVP grind a very decent set of leveling gear for TBC's release. It will be absolutely possible to gain grand marshal equipment before the expansion hits.

Now after being lucky enough to participate in alpha and closed beta, I have one piece of advice for all of us.

Learn To Play

No longer can you hide at the back of a 40 man raid and drift along picking up your epix's and appearing to be a good player - The TBC instances are damn hard, mostly 5 man to start with and every player needs to be focused and working well together. If you are crap, you will wipe the group, it's as simple as that. You can't hide it from anybody anymore.

Also, gear will only take you so far, there is plenty of imba greens and blues to fill the slots where you are lacking, but when it comes down to instances - where the best of the gear will be, then Skill>Gear.

Now each of us have the remaining few months to understand our classes, the changes in TBC and the effects this will have on us, our guildmates and group dynamics.

There are several things you SHOULD be doing.

1. Reading your class forums: You should always keep up with the class forums, ignore the whine, ignore the bull crap, and focus on what you need to understand, play styles, efficiency, talents, TBC changes - whatever it is that you need to understand about your class, this is a good place to start.

2. Asking Questions: We have some fantastic players inside and outside of the guild, and any current or previous SSX member will only be helpful to you - if you have a question, want some advice then there are plenty of people to ask. Draw on the experience of the old mentors, and the experienced players.

3. Planning your talents from 60-70: You will have a lot of free scope to spec yourself how you wish in TBC, as we will all be grinding to 70, in instances or outside - we will all need to level up, and choosing the right spec and the right path to level 70 is important.

You will always be more beneficial to an instance group in certain specs, so keep this in mind when making your choices, but don't think of endgame raiding as the be all and end all of wow anymore.

4. Gear up: whatever gear you can grab now in the new pvp system, or in whatever instances you have access to is going to be worthwhile. You will not replace everything you have right away, and in some cases, certain items will last many many levels. Anything you can get to improve your performance at this stage is a bonus.

Remember, that this game will be changed forever once the expansion hits, and every one of us could be great players. Don't sit back and let the game carry you - push it for everything it has and you and SSX can achieve great things.
Ryoko/Deluxe
InvadeSpace

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:30 pm

Selistair
very very nice post :) at work im so bored that instead of doing my work i browse the wow forum and alot on the warrior forum to keep me up to date :)
I can't wait for BC, i wanna see the new instances. its' gonna be free king sweet!
Kramgo ULTIMATEDARGONSLAYERHUMANWARRIOR (OPS SHIFT!1)
Utlandet

Fact: Woad once had cancer, but drank a glass of Sprite and burped it out.
Fact: Woad was almost molested by Michael Jackson. Woad hit him so hard it turned him white.
FTW = For the Woad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:33 pm

Caspae
Can't agree more Ryo, even Ramparts is challenging due to the amounts per pack.. Nice post !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:15 pm

Scorpius
Hellfire Citadel hard ?.... :p
Ok only done the Blood furnace part atm but was alot of fun and reignited my liking of this game..... :)
Power Corrupts, Ultimate Power is Fun.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:20 pm

Caspae
Not for us , Scorp but I mean for people like Armed.. y'know .. noobs !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:22 pm

Gerion
Ryoko made some good points , i will sadly not accompany you yet with my healing powers cause i will be playing on my mage first.

Return to “=EU= World of Warcraft- Outland”