home territory

The call for a hero has sounded. Will it be you?

Moderator: Global Moderators

home territory

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:44 pm

firedancer
so by starting GW, one can choose between two home territory: europe/america. i think they did this to avoid lag. but if we are in different home territories as a guild, we can only do missions together in the international distrcit (useually very empty), and we can never benefit, from the advantages once the favor of the goods is hold by for a certain home territory.

so i would propose we all choose the same one. (one can change home territory 5 times for each access key in the edit account option). i am open for which one but would propose america (i think more players -- it was very hard to team up on the weekend as in the higher levels there have been only a few players ---- and europe has never hold the favor of the gods so far (only america and korea)).

but best would be if we would make a vote about it. so please let me know what your preferences are.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:53 pm

Serberus
I vote europe (damn lot of germans and french tho gah)...(not that i dont like them) but europe is pretty busy at all times and is generaly a pretty good server ive not had many lag problems..and thats saying something me being on a 56k modem in Aus lol.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:27 pm

Inquisitor
Lady Sakura, aka Winbrian, already created the guild, and I owuld guess that it's on the American home territory.

Will that be an issue?

Also, can we move our characters or do we have to start over if we change territories?
No signature

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:29 pm

winbrian
I am unsure about this switching, not sure how that works. I am guessing that it applies to any country.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:30 pm

firedancer
you can change home territory and you keep everything concerning your character (it is more like changing your email or password). but you can only change 5 times. i think if you add a new access key to your account you probably can change again 5 times. (that happend from preorder key to retail key).

so let me summarize again:

if you go into a town, you see a lot of districts, but all districts are only with people in the same home territory. the only exception is the internatioal district, where people from different territories can enter. so if we do not have the same territory as a guild, it is a bit inconvenient to make quests togehter, as we can only meet in international district (and this district was sofar allways empty.)

we are also unable to do high lvl PvP battles. (you allways see this message "Team blabla has won ..., and will keep the favor of the goods for america"). so to participate in such types of battle we need to be in the same territory. but i do not know how much PvP is possible without beeing in the same territory.

and finally, if a territory wins the favor of the goods, the player in this territory can enter some special missions. they are very hard, and you will not have a chance to win, if you do not play as a team. so maybe it would be nice as guild to try some of these quests, but then we need to be in the same territory.

so i think this are all disadvantage/advantages i am aware of.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:34 pm

Inquisitor
Not currently interested in PvP, so that doesn't matter to me.

Will be a while till I cqan participate in anything "high level" so that also, doesn't matter to me atm.

I don;t mind meeting in International, I dislike most internet morons anyway ;)

Guess it's up to you guys, as it appears I don;t really have an opinion, vote on it, but maybe let folks get settled into the game first?
No signature

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:37 pm

winbrian
I went into the arean, one the first match, then got owned the second time lol
it was cool.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:31 pm

Serberus
Well i ll wait to see the vote but i vote europe simly cos im a lazy bastard. But also cos it means that we dont have quite as many internet dicks (no offence to yanks), and if there are dicks they speak french so alls good :sweat:

Still if its easy to change to america servers then im fine with it. As i said thougth ill wait to see what people vote.

"Vote europe"

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 4:00 pm

Inquisitor
yah, for now I think it doesn't matter, does it?

I agree with the "fewer Internet jackasses"

At least when they speak french I can be less annoyed ;)

Let people get settled into the game and we can figure out what we want to do :)

If we can't get a guild hall for instance, without the same region, then, that will compel me to change sooner rather than later :)
No signature

Return to “Guild Wars”