PvP Characters

The call for a hero has sounded. Will it be you?

Moderator: Global Moderators

PvP Characters

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:10 am

Messiah
I started a second character with PvP in mind. He is an Elementalist. Anyone have a suggestion on a strong secondary class?

As far as I understand it, you can make a PvP only character that starts with maximized abilities. Maybe playing around with this option would be a good way for some of us to decide exactly which PvP build is best for us. It would also free us from what might become the tedium of growing new PvP characters.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:26 pm

Padishar
Yeah one of the great things about this game, once you unlock a skill or special item, you can auto start with those skills and equipment, making a maxed out PvP only char :thumb:

As far as a 2nd class goes, thats a hard call and goes off of what you want, for elementalist combines with everything.
Other classes don't have that luxury. For example: Primary necros shouldn't secondary another caster class like mesmer or elementalist, because the primary necro skill isnt all that great (soul reaping), where as fast casting or mana storage pwns.

Great Option combos you have:
E/W Hamsta Bomb. Up close and personal w/Shield + Wep for added non mana damage plus insane high (but up close) AOE fire damage (and yes using a fire weapon combines with your fire spells). Plus melee resistance spells.

E/R Drop bombs or Interupt ranger. Why go E/R instead of R/E?
Well mana storage gives you a TON of mana plus extra mana skills go offa mana renewal skill. Not to mention 4 mana renewal arrows instead of 3.
Bomb Dropper = Lightning string plus lightning wep buff combo (lots of damage esp with ranger spirit and check wind buffs).
Interupt Ranger = Knockdown/Interupt/snare spells combined with Interupt/snare skills to shut people down.

E/N = Versatilitly FTW. Necro's hands down (with Mez close 2nd) have some of the most versatile skills for many different situations in the game. With healing drains; summoning; enchantment breaking; reverse conditions; and curses/hexes, Necros can be used to compliment most any type of build.

E/Me = Battlefield + Commander. Mesmers are great versatile complimentary chars also (with less healing options but more mana). Mez often make you focus more on counters and what skills your oppenets are using.... making there chars a lil more difficult to play when you first start PvPing.

E/Mo = Longest Healers in game With mana storage E/Mo can out heal any other class easily and are greatly sought after for PvP groups (primary monks are also because of Divine Favor).

There are many more combo's and fun ways to play, but in the end it falls on what you want to do and where on the battlefield you want to be.

PS. My fav PvP char is Me/N :cool: Have had multiple long win runs with this class during the beta (like 33+ match wins in a row).
Last edited by Padishar on Tue May 10, 2005 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:09 pm

Messiah
Thanks Pad.

I have had a hard time making this decision, but I decided to go with E/N. I was leaning toward E/Mo, but my other character is R/Mo and I wanted to try something new. I'll see how it goes.

So, for the record .....

Nathan Arizona, E/N

Return to “Guild Wars”