Veteran points

The world of Rubi-Ka awaits!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Veteran points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:31 am

esd
I mean, what the heck?

Those that spend more money get more things, in essence. So if I start paying, in a year I will be able to access more things? Bugger that.

Fair enough you can't access certain things without paying, but making it so you can't access things unless you've been paying for xyz months is stupid in my opinion. :shake:
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:42 pm

Athon Solo
From what I'm reading, the items you gain are designed to be non essential and targeted at uses such as twinking additional characters.

At the end of the day, FunCom is a subscription based business and they want to give people a reason to keep paying money.

To me it sounds exactly what the initial idea behind Ceres Levels in NC was (the only difference being that FC have planned and built the content BEFORE announcing it - hint hint any KK employees looking).

Athon Solo
Eve: Athon Solo - Gallente

Looking forward to:
Supreme Commander
Fallen Earth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:08 pm

esd
Sure, they're a company that needs to earn money, but even if I were paying it'd annoy me.
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:12 pm

BlackDove
I think it's good.

Reward your long time loyal customers.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:12 pm

JarodRah
AO int the first and won't be the last MMO that does something like this, and I don't havea issue with it. The items they are getting are relatively worthless gameplay wise. Its no different then a company giving service awards.
Sc-Fi Gaming
Mechs
Kicking Eds butt in Lore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:41 pm

Isileth
Its not like they are amazing new weapons or great buffs its just something to walk round and look cool with.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:46 pm

SL33PY
Athon Solo wrote:To me it sounds exactly what the initial idea behind Ceres Levels in NC was (the only difference being that FC have planned and built the content BEFORE announcing it - hint hint any KK employees looking).
Sorry, ain't working there no more, you might want to send snowcrash a mail with a link so he doesn't miss it :p :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:44 am

BlackDove
:lol:

Return to “Anarchy Online”