A question about bugs

The world of Rubi-Ka awaits!

Moderator: Global Moderators

A question about bugs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:15 pm

banzaroo
Is it illegal to look at bug sites? Does Funcom have any sort of code that can track if I am reading an exploit and dupe site for Anarchy Online out of personal curiousity? I do not plan on cheating any, I just came across **URL REMOVED** with some AO exploits and clicked it just to see what was on the other side.

**EDIT**
I have removed your link as posting information on exploits, illegal activities, etc is expressly forbidden. We are a privately funded enterprise and do not want legal issues with the above.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:27 pm

esd
I seriously doubt Funcom would go to the trouble of examining your browsing habits.
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:46 pm

Blue Star
Many SSX-AO members will know how I know the following, I'm not going to explain why here in public.

Neither Funcom nor ARK look at what exploit sites you browse - That'd be a nightmare for them technically (to make it possible) or legally (as in why would they spy on your browsing habits, or why would they set up honeytrap sites).

However, ARK have their own team specifically for hunting down exploits & the people who use them with knowledge of what they do.

Trust me, don't try or try to find exploits - They're more hassle than their worth from Funcom (for obvious reasons) and from us Exiles (as we have a code specifially forbidding them)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:31 pm

SSX-Killjoy
As Blue Star said, the SSX has a specific policy against doing anything that is not the intention of the game developers. As we not only play games but also participate in the creation and testing of games, we do not feel that one should make use of a games exploits. They should be reported to the game developers and left at that.

(I was the one that modified your post)
================================
I will be forever Shattered Star, but only as an
EXILE can I find peace in this lifetime.
================================

Return to “Anarchy Online”