Looks like it is Spidey time again!

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Looks like it is Spidey time again!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:36 pm

Padishar
Spiderman 3 teaser, looks like its going to have:
Venom
Sandman
HoboGoblin
in it so far.... oh heck ya!

Links for different media players:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pict ... index.html
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0413300/trailers

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:53 pm

Futile Resistance
Sandman? O.o

Was he part of the Venom arc? I thought he didn't do a cameo until later - as a villian?

My memory might not be correct, but wasn't Sandman supposed to be a "good" person - but sort of went astray in the beginning?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:10 pm

Dodotorpedo
Looks promising, excellent!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:49 am

Plovske
this summer or next year? i don't get it ;<
enjoy!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:13 am

Padishar
Futile Resistance wrote:Sandman? O.o

Was he part of the Venom arc? I thought he didn't do a cameo until later - as a villian?

My memory might not be correct, but wasn't Sandman supposed to be a "good" person - but sort of went astray in the beginning?
You know how movies are m8, they detract from timeline and grab what they want when they want. :rolleyes:

Sandman is one of spidey's oldest arch enemies and was introduced decades b4 venom made an appearance. Sandman himself was a 'normal' villain, whom while escaping from prison, ran across some weird toxic irradiated sand and was transformed into da sandman.

Even tho its been years, I do remember and have the original comics of the goblin/hobogoblin series...
After goblin was destroyed, to spidey's bewilderment seemed to come back after him...
when in actuallity was the goblin's son out for revenge for his fathers supposed murderer (not listening to reason), just like the movie has panned out to this point.
After spidey defeats him however, he uses his fathers old resources and comes up with new toys, reemerging as the hobogoblin.....
when he fails once again to deafeat spidey, he sells his soul to metaphisto (sp?) ::marvels version of the devil:: and becomes a true demon hobogoblin (this occured during the inferno series I believe).

Now since its been like 15 years ago or so since I read these... when did spidey get his venom costume? I remember he was in space, and it was made for him so he could partake in some galatic super battle at the time (I THINK it was during the Infinity Gaunlet, when all the super hero's gathered to defeat thanos....).
I remember when the symbiot-venom suit took spidey over and how he eventually defeated it (movie might follow how so wont spoil it), just don't rem exactly what battle it was that he actually got the suit and who gave it to him (wasn't it aliens?)?
Wonder if this will mean Spidey 4 (if they make it) will have Carnage in it? that would be Kewl :cool: I like the battle for spidey's body/soul vs venom. But as a seperate entity I like Carnage better :thumb:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:59 am

Futile Resistance
Spidey first got his costume in: Infinity Wars. It's where they fought the Beyonder and Dr. Doom.

I have the repacked big volume one that includes all 10 (or was it 12) comics. :thumb:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:50 am

Padishar
I have both the inf gauntlet and wars series and I knew I was missing something and couldn't put my finger on it.

SO....

Looked thru my old stash and found it....

Spidey got his black suit during the Secret Wars series, not the Infinity Wars.

You had the battle right, just wrong name... hehe :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:32 pm

Caspae
Oh . My . God. How could you like this Milkyman stuff? Hey guys , im in need of money so lets make another SPIDERMAN MOVIE so I can sit back the next 3 years. I hate sequels like this . Spiderman 1 was ok , closed ending . Why was 2 made , you guess? However Sequels like LOTR and POTC do get my approval.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:33 am

Dodotorpedo
Sequals aren't always bad Caspae, You say LOTR gets your approval. LOTR was based on the books and supposed to have more sequals, like LOTR Spiderman has a lot of unfinished stroys too that could still be put too film you know.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:16 am

BladeX
Dodotorpedo wrote:Sequals aren't always bad Caspae, You say LOTR gets your approval. LOTR was based on the books and supposed to have more sequals, like LOTR Spiderman has a lot of unfinished stroys too that could still be put too film you know.
Plus the fact that you know, LOTR is ONE book that was split into three...
Currently Playing(not 100% accurate): Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero 2 demo, MGS3, Shadow of the Colossus. (apparently I'm having a PS2 month)
- MK: DS Friend code: 085.959.387.092
- AC: WW Friend code: 4596-2704-9968, name: David, Town: Aspen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:38 pm

Aliwoo
Oh man oh man oh man cant wait for spider man 3, gonna be awesome :thumb:

im sure u guys will all have seen this ages ago but so well done and thought it was fitting here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrOhvFBo ... man%20lego

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:08 pm

Padishar
Nope hadn't seen that before, thx its kewl!

Was made really well :cool:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:03 am

Serberus
Actualy LOTR was 6 books origionaly, :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:14 am

Futile Resistance
Aliwoo wrote:
im sure u guys will all have seen this ages ago but so well done and thought it was fitting here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrOhvFBo ... man%20lego
*trains flies into building*

Wait a minute... That's not how I remember it... :sweat:

Great job ;D

Return to “General Discussions”