Hello

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Hello

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:29 am

audio
Hi,

I don't really know how to start this, so I'll just introduce myself. I'm audio. I live in Jackson, Mississippi and I'm [going to be] a senior in highschool. I'm 18 years old and I play varsity sports. I was in the SSC up until the point where everyone split into two groups. I dropped off the internet at that time due to RL(tm) issues. I believe the issues with SSC were... two (or was it three?) years ago? I started gaming again sometime around one and a half to two years ago.

I play City of Heroes and Villains and have so since both games launched. Hm. I guess there's not much else about _me_ specifically.

I'm looking to join because I've some friends here I made a long time ago I'd like to play alongside again ( and I hear SSX gives out free cookies). =) I've seen esd, BlackDove, Laughing Man, Quiz... I suppose they _may_ remember me. ;) A lot of the other names in IRC look familar but I don't think they knew me.

I suppose everything else is left up to two who would like to vouch for me. Thanks for you time. =)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:55 am

SSX-Wedge
Welcome to the SSX, Audio! :)

Wedge
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.
There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. FZ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:01 am

SSX-Killjoy
I don't know if you remember me or not Audio (considering you didn't list me.. **pouts**).. hahaha, just kidding. Welcome to the ranks my boy..

You are normally required to get two vouchers to join us, but I have a feeling that ex-SSCers probably aren't under that requirement as much, particularly if we know you from before. :)

The principles of the SSC pretty much follow here, if not the letter of their law. Friendship and fun are the name of the game here, and that I think you have covered (given the people that you did list.. ;) ) Welcome either way.. :)
================================
I will be forever Shattered Star, but only as an
EXILE can I find peace in this lifetime.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:10 am

Serberus
Welcome, Hordes of SSC people coming now :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:26 am

Stracius
No cookies here, just xylophones. We used to give out Xebecs, but we ran out of xylem to make them, unfortunately. :(

Weren't you checking with BD and esd first, as potential vouchers? If that didn't work, I think we can just find enough people that remember you (in a good light, hopefully :sweat: ). I think that should suffice :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:20 am

Thunderbird
I get the idea most ex-SSC wouldn't have trouble finding the needed vouchers, except of course the big three ;).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:09 am

audio
KJ of course I remember you! I think I only _just_ made the connection that you're Judd-MGT. =P And if you're not I may look like an ass... :sweat: We talked about getting the SSC a webpage for... ugh... the JK2 divison that kind of collapsed on me when two of five founders suddenly split.

I was going to check with BD and esd (I've received BD's answer already) however Quiz encouraged me to post a hello topic first, so I decided on that. I'll probably fire a PM off to esd tomorrow if he hasn't seen this thread by then.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:29 am

Verigan
Hullo thar! :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:47 pm

Unimatrixx
Welcome to ze forums, har..
Assumption is the mother of all f*ckups.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:44 pm

esd
audio wrote:I'll probably fire a PM off to esd tomorrow if he hasn't seen this thread by then.
*seen*

'allo audio, long time no see :thumb:

Get your butt into IRC and play some Lore with us!
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:03 pm

Padishar
Long time Audio, great ta see ya pal :thumb:

I have CoH and CoV as well, tho am mostly playing WoW atm.
Hopefully we can roll sometime, we could probubly snag MethysR to roll with us as well :cool:
if I can drag her from Myspace for 2 secs that is.... :lol:
j/k :sweat:
Stracius wrote:No cookies here, just xylophones. We used to give out Xebecs, but we ran out of xylem to make them, unfortunately. :(
And coming to an SSX near U Laz's-RatsAsses :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:32 pm

Lazlo Hollyfeld
hey audio, i played coh for a few months with a bunch of sscers after it was released....can't remember if we played together then or not.... anyways....welcome to ssx!
"you see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. you're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. where can you go from there? where?"
-nigel tufnel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:37 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I seem to recall your name, we've probably met before. Either that or I'm getting delusional.

Either way, welcome to our corner of the internet. make yourself at home :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:31 pm

Ambush
Word :thumb:

All the old vets are poppin in eh :D
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:59 pm

SSX-Killjoy
Audio, I still have that JK2 site layout floating around.. I really loved it. :)

Ahh.. good memories..
I will be forever Shattered Star, but only as an
EXILE can I find peace in this lifetime.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:19 pm

Kon
Welcome Audio! :) I think I remeber you, but we never played any games together.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:37 pm

esd
Oh, and in case it's formally requested (though I really don't see why it would, it's audio ffs)... vouch #2. :)
Ambush wrote:All the old vets are poppin in eh
Before you know it, there'll be a huge doggy on the go in oldschool FS2 :)
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:11 am

audio
I never thought I would get so many warm replies and people who remembered me. =D So does this mean I can tag myself with SSX?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:31 am

Padishar
Definately :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:39 am

SSX-Ava
Oooh, Welcome :p

Return to “General Discussions”