Elite Beat Agents

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Elite Beat Agents

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:32 am

Thunderbird
I picked this up a couple days ago. Nice rhythm game for the DS, and it certainly ramps up the difficulty on the higher levels. For those who haven't heard of it or its Japanese version Ouendan, the game is played by tapping notes on the touch screen in time with the music. Sounds simple, eh? Yeah, right :p.

Unlike most music games I've seen, this one's actually got a bit of a plot to it. The EBA responds to cries for help and helps the people through music. Each song is divided into three sections (two exceptions, one song has 4, another has 2). At each break in the song, the position of the lifebar determines whether you pass or fail the section, and what happens. The final part of each song is not graded in this manner, you just need to avoid emptying the bar. It IS possible to fail all of the individual sections and still pass.

Small note: Don't look for the game in stores just yet, it's official release date is the 8th. I work at Nintendo, so I was able to get it early :p. Also note that the songlist is tailored to mainstream audiences (the songs are all covers, though). The game is single-card or multi-card play, but if someone has to download it, there are only 5 songs available (YMCA, Material Girl, La La, Makes No Difference and Walkie Talkie Man) compared to the 19 that the game has. Also the coop mode is multi-card only.

Talking about the game to one of my friends over IM has pretty much made it so that she's practically demanding that I bring the game with me the next time I go see her :p.

Return to “General Discussions”