Important changes to US Ventrillo Server

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Important changes to US Ventrillo Server

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:35 pm

Magdalena
Ok, well this is an unfortunate update but after years of having servers without passwords, we've had a recent event of sharing our ventrillo information with other guilds who have been bringing in massive crowds of people taking up the server and have been rude to our members as well as trying to claim they own our ventrillo server.

Due to issues with these other guilds, we have decided to finally password our ventrilo server as of this Sunday. As always, all SSX members are welcome to join, if you need the password, PM myself, Undrin, or Trixster and we'll pass it along.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience, we've tried to handle this by simply talking to them but that has proved ineffective.
Last edited by Magdalena on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:28 am

Syro
Sad to hear but not suprising. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:10 am

Padishar
Thx Mel,
Was wondering who all the folks were takin over :nervous:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:18 pm

Magdalena
Well, the change went live early this morning. This however shouldn't affect those that have admin accounts for the server. Their passwords will stay the same.

As stated in the MOTD, the next step if this doesn't work is to require each user to go through having an account created and not allowing guest accounts to log in at all. This will mean anybody new may have to wait a couple days until one of the global admins get an account created for them before they can communicate via ventrillo. We would like to avoid this if at all possible, so please take care in who we give the new password to so that this issue does not come up again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:17 pm

undrin
Thank you to both of you for setting this up. I am also sorry that this had to happen. If anyone has any questions, I am also avaliable to help out as I have admin abilities.
Xbox One: Auravil come and visit sometime!

Return to “General Discussions”