Thought for November...

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Thought for November...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:20 am

Ozone
Lets all get naked and drunk, then run to the nearest politicians house with a friend with a camera. WHe she or he comes out, run up and hug him/her and have your bud take a snap. We'll post em here.

Or...

This place has gotten a bit stagnant of late. Perhaps we're all off playing various games. I know a lot of us play on PC and Xbox. So, a thought...

Lets get the clan together for something, maybe on a couple of fronts. I'm currently on Xbox live and am running World at War and ODST. I'm sure some others of us are as well but the communication isn't there.

I suggest that we might focus on some of the more popular games in the future and offer a weekly game night. I know many have varied schedules, but if we instigate a night it's at least there if anyone is available. Plus, at the least, friends list builds, which will include a number of SSX.

My initial thought, on the Xbox end is to get something going in November for Modern Warfare 2. Get a load of us chatting, playing, and posting.

Dunno about the PC end and what the next hot game is, but maybe do something similar.

Just a thought.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Re: Thought for November...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:40 pm

SL33PY
I'll be joining SSX in EVE when I get in... I don't know when that will be exactly since RL has me by the balls atm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:24 pm

winbrian
I haven't played any ODST online yet though I'd really like to play some firefight with people.

I am getting Modern Warefare 2 as well.
Same time the new expansion comes out for eve, so it will be the two :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:40 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Modern Warfare 2 would probably be a good choice as a lot of people will most likely be getting it. The big issue with Live though is, and always has ben, organising a time that suits everyone. The fact that it isn't just a drop in service, like MMOs are, is a big downside.

I won't be getting MW2 though, for the record, as the first was nothing special. Hopefully you guys will enjoy it though :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:17 pm

Inquisitor
Anny is an idiot.

I have been playing WaW the last couple nights, not sure if that will stick and I will be able to keep playing, but it has been fun, even playing with SSX tags and all ;)
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:36 pm

Stracius
Good thought, Ozone. I like it, but I'll be unable to join in on the console fun sadly. Too borked to afford one, let alone two :p
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:38 am

M.Steiner
WaW's singleplayer campaign was pretty dire in comparison to CoD4's i'll admit, but MP is where the fun is there and why it has been so popular. I haven't played it for months now as I did get bored of it in the end but the MP for it was lots of fun whilst it lasted, which was a good few months. Played a lot with Ava & Shin (no mics) and we didn't organise any specific times, just teamed up whenever we happened to be online at the same time which was quite often, but it was great all the same and SSX tags too.

I've got MW2 preordered so will definitely be playing that online at some point, and i'm pretty sure Ava & Shin will be again too. I know you've said you won't be getting it Anny, but you should think about acquiring it for the MP at some point mate, should be a lot of fun (and arguably end up being one of the best mp experiences on xbl I bet), especially with friends. ;)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:17 pm

Inquisitor
Don't say multi to Anny, there apparently aren't enough games to hold his interest, since he only belives one game exists at a time :)
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:24 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Inquisitor wrote:Don't say multi to Anny, there apparently aren't enough games to hold his interest, since he only belives one game exists at a time :)
:p

I do have multi now for the record, mainly to play Brutal Legend online when I finish the SP campaign ;)

But generally multi is little but an addon to a game for me. I play anything and everything for the SP component, and if it doesn't have that I won't buy it no matter how good the MP is. MW's SP was ok, but it still just felt like the generic FPS does - tired, something I did 10 years ago with prettier graphics and a slightly different storyline. It's nothing new, and thus the game could never make it above average.

Also, approaching one game at a time is the best way to get the most out of your games I have found. Jumping between games just means it's harder to lose yourself in the world and story. If a game doesn't make you WANT to focus on it for whatever reason, be it plot, characters or something else, then it is not worth taking the time to play imo.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:02 pm

esd
I'm still waiting for Ed to stop being chicken, and to play me on FarCry2...
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:04 pm

Inquisitor
Sadly, I only rented it, sent it back after I finished it. On to the new Battlestations game

:)
No signature

Return to “General Discussions”