Online Gaming Bargains

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: Online Gaming Bargains

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:50 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Feels like Don't Starve is consuming my life at the moment...what a pickup that was!

Wish I had time for anything else :lol:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:01 pm

Padishar
Hmm, I may have to put Don't Starve on my wishlist, for future sale tracking :cool:

Here is my haul for this years holiday sale:

Teslagrad
Anomaly Defenders
Transistor
Saints Row Ultimate Franchise Pack
The Stanley Parable
The Banner Saga
Might & Magic X - Legacy
Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Defense Grid 2
Metal Gear Rising: REVENGEANCE
Child of Light
Wolf Among Us

*Game average was around $6 per game, w/Saints Row entire franchise pack being the exception @ $13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:17 pm

M.Steiner
Here's a couple of GMG deals for 2 of this months upcoming releases:

Resident Evil HD Remaster | £11.99
· GMG VIP. No discount code required

Life is Strange (Complete Season) | £11.08
· GMG VIP. No discount code required

Both redeem on steam and will cost £15.99 at release :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:35 am

M.Steiner
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell | $4.99

This has gotta be a pricing mistake so if you're interested in the game I'd be quick about it, I don't expect it'll stay at that price for much longer heh.
Whether Gamestop will cancel the orders or not is another thing but I've bought a few things dirt cheap through similar pricing errors before and they've often been honoured. The page does say "Downloads to U.S. addresses only" but you could probably get around that :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:48 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Waiting...waiting...waiting for Grim Fandango HD on Steam...
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:37 pm

M.Steiner
Less than a week until its supposed release and they still haven't got a Steam page up for it o.O
Will be keeping my eye out though. If GMG are getting Steam keys for it they will be cheaper there than from Steam itself.

[Edit: Tis on Steam now!: http://store.steampowered.com/app/316790/]
I'll update if GMG get keys for it, in which case it'll likely be 20% off or so.]

Did you buy your PS4 when the deals were running around Christmas/early Jan btw, Anny?. Just 4 weeks until The Order: 1886!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:55 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Not got a PS4 yet, nope. But I do have Grim Fandango :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:02 pm

M.Steiner
I'm still waiting to see if GMG get keys for it first (Grim Fandango) but if they don't get any in the next couple of days I'll buy it direct from Steam. Tis like the sales though and waiting for the daily deals. If I buy it now and then GMG put it up tomorrow/monday and they have a discount code going... I'll be kicking myself for having paid more for the same product than I actually needed to. If I can save a few quid I will heh :)

I finished my playthrough of REmake earlier today (first time in around a decade, was bloody brilliant!) so I plan to start Grim on day 1. Quite excited to play it so hope it lives up to expectations!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:51 pm

M.Steiner
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered | £5.60
· Use: "20PERO-FFDIGI-GAMESX" at checkout for the above price. Discount code expires tomorrow.

:thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:23 pm

M.Steiner
Just a quick heads-up - Steam have a small sale on atm consisting of mystery type games: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/mystery_midweek/
There's a few titles in there worth buying so have a look if you hadn't already seen it. The Wolf Among Us being one of those games. I recommend it every time it's on sale but with good reason hehe ;)

(Few others though like L.A. Noire, Alan Wake etc)

[Edit: Adding these. I won't bother making a new post]
Cities: Skylines | £17.47 [£22.99][/size]
· GMG VIP offer, no discount code required. Redeems on Steam.

Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition | £22.79 [£29.99][/size]
· GMG VIP offer, no discount code required. Redeems on Steam.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:47 pm

M.Steiner
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (includes FFXV Demo Access) | £32.85
· PS4 & Xbox One

Damn good price for a console game so thought I'd post this. Amazon are charging £44.00 for it :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:06 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Hmmm, I don't know much about Type-0. Has it looked good enough to cast an eye at mate, as a fellow FF fan?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:19 pm

M.Steiner
I haven't been following it as closely as most other releases this year but Type-0 sounds rather promising from the bits I've seen/heard. I'm still not 100% sold on the combat (will have to see what I think when I play it for myself), as it's not turn-based like your traditional FF/JRPG titles usually are, but real time. It's also not going to look anywhere near as visually impressive as FFXV does but the story on the other hand?. This comes across to be much more serious and darker in tone than previous entries in the series we've been used to and could be worth playing just for that tbh.
Also worth mentioning is that the FFXV demo will only be available with first-run copies of Type-0 HD and won't be released separately. So if that's something you're interested in then tis something to keep in mind too. I won't lie, it was a major selling point for me and the reason I chose to pre-order rather than buying it later on in the year :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:22 pm

M.Steiner
Bloodborne | £37.85
· Use "MARGIFT5" during checkout for the above price.

Amazon are selling this for £49.00.
Fantastic deal for a current gen console release. They only have 43 units left at this price (by the looks of it) so jump on it fast if it's something you're interested in :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:22 pm

M.Steiner
Since Arkham Knight on PC will be digital only (at least for those of us in the UK):

Batman: Arkham Knight | £25.54
· No discount code needed, just log in and buy it from the VIP page. Key will redeem on Steam.

Can use any GMG credit you have against it as well to get it even cheaper (from the playfire rewards)
gmgarkhamknight.jpg
gmgarkhamknight.jpg (32.68 KiB) Viewed 39287 times
It's £34.99 on Steam itself :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:48 am

M.Steiner
Just a quick reminder that the Steam Summer Sale is due to start tonight (Thu 11th). Think it will probably go live at 6pm BST (same time as the Oculus conference) ;)

As always - wait for the dailies or buy on the last day of the sale if what you're looking for doesn't get one. You'll only kick yourself later if they go cheaper!

I'm not looking to buy very much this year (already own most of the stuff I'd really like tbh) but I'll probably keep an eye out for the Homeworld Remastered Collection, Kholat & Black Mesa, maybe Dying Light too depending on price. Then see what else catches my eye. That is unless any of you have any specific recommendations? I'll give those a look too!

As for recommendations from me. If you don't already own these I'd consider picking them up during the sale if they get a good deal: These are the best PC releases of 2015 so far, imo. Every single one of those is worth buying and several of which would still be in the running for GOTY if The Witcher 3 wasn't such an incredible piece of work & one of the best games you'll ever play. That being said, even Ori and the Blind Forest has a metacritic score of 88. That's how strong this years lineup has been heh. Give them a look, I have gameplay videos for some of these on our YouTube channel as well btw :)

Here's a few older games which I'm betting many of you haven't played yet too: Oh and if there's anyone here who who has yet to play The Witcher 2 and doesn't already own it, give me a shout as I have a spare GOG copy :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:43 pm

SL33PY
This post needs to go on the homepage ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:47 pm

M.Steiner
You're right. Done! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:07 am

SL33PY
The biggest game of the summer is tantalisingly close, the reviews have been universally glowing, and the spectacular launch trailer is up! This voucher doesn't last long - don't even think about missing out!

BETHEB-ATMANG-MG40PC*

*Offer valid until Friday 26th June 2015 at 5pm UTC
Get 40% off Batman: Arkham Knight or Batman: Arkham Knight Premium Edition when you use the voucher code above. Check out this handy primer on how to use vouchers on the GMG store.
It's at http://greenmangaming.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:24 pm

M.Steiner
That would normally be a really great deal but unless they fix the game in the next two days (before that deal expires) - DO NOT buy Arkham Knight on PC. Hear me out..
I don't take pleasure in saying that but the PC port is a mess right now. It's like AC Unity & Watch Dogs at release, combined, and then some. Really bad, trust me.

It's important to remember when reading that "The reviews have been universally glowing" is only actually accurate to the PS4 version as no reviewer was given PC code to review.
  • The game is locked at 30fps out of the box and whilst this can be unlocked (you have to edit an ini file though), doing so does not fix the rest of its issues. Probably to try and hide the fact that it runs like shit and can't maintain a decent framerate, their ingame benchmark runs unlocked...
  • It's missing all sorts of graphical features that even the console versions have, like ambient occlusion, certain rain textures, DoF effects etc. I don't know whether these are bugged or whether we're playing an older build or what but it's crazy.
  • People are having crashes, some can't even launch the game. Oh and if you try to verify your game files it fails the check and then redownloads. Redownloads the entire game that is. Doing that doesn't fix it though and if you try verify a second time it'll do the same again.
  • Supposed memory leaks where the game will just eat through memory like crazy.
  • Then there's the other performance issues. Frame rate is wild, there's constant stuttering... I'm running an i7-5930K with two GTX 970s and 16GB DDR RAM. Pretty high end.. I played The Witcher 3 maxed out, downsampled and with HairWorks enabled and it was butter smooth throughout. Arkham Knight? I can't even maintain 1080/60. It's just all over the <censored> place.
People were legit wondering whether they'd uploaded a build from a few years ago by accident (myself included), it's that bad. It's been well over 24hrs though so it can't be this. This isn't Rockstready's fault though, sadly (well, it is and it isn't) as they appear to have out-sourced the PC port to someone else (Iron Galaxy possibly). Part of me feels sorry for them after this shit storm (just look at the user reviews on metacritic & steam but they are actually deserved.) At the end of the day though it's their (and WB) game and it's their responsibility. Shit like this is unacceptable and whoever was involved should be ashamed of themselves.

PC gamers are getting refunds en masse atm due to Steam's new refunds policy anyway. - GMG are my favourite digital seller by far (I buy most of my digital games from them, including this) but I'm now out of pocket with a game which (to my standards) is basically unplayable and because I bought my key from GMG, I'm unable to claim a refund [Though they have said that "if after the fix has been released, you still cannot play your game, we will process refund requests for the game"].

I have no doubt that the game itself is good (look at the PS4 reviews) and hopefully they will get their shit together soon and fix it on PC so we can enjoy it too, but right now? Do yourself a favour and save your money. Don't buy this.
etc..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:40 am

M.Steiner
If my post above wasn't enough, they're suspending sales:
http://kotaku.com/warner-bros-says-theyre-suspending-arkham-knight-pc-sal-1713780990 wrote: Dear Batman: Arkham Knight PC owners,

We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards. We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall.

Thank you to those players who have already given valuable feedback. We are continuously monitoring all threads posted in the Official Batman: Arkham Knight Community and Steam forums, as well as any issues logged with our Customer Support (support.wbgames.com). If you purchased your copy of the game and are not satisfied with your experience, then we ask for your patience while these issues are resolved. If desired, you can request a refund at help.steampowered.com (Steam refund policies can be found here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds) or the retail location where you purchased the game.

The Batman: Arkham fans have continually supported the franchise to its current height of success, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work to deliver an updated version of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC so you can all enjoy the final chapter of the Batman: Arkham series as it was meant to be played.
Wow. Best move they've made since they released it. Good to see they're taking this seriously.
GMG are now offering refunds as well, something they never do.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:20 pm

M.Steiner
Meant to post this :)

Until Dawn | £35.99
· Use "CLOUD10" at checkout.

Really looking forward to this game, reminds me a lot of Heavy Rain :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:46 pm

M.Steiner
Fallout 4 | £30.00
· Use "COMING-SOON25-AUGGMG" at checkout.

Mad Max | £21.00
· Use "MADMAX-SAVE40-MADMAX" at checkout.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:15 am

Isileth
The humble store is currently giving away Stealth Inc 2 for free until September 14th.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/st ... s_freegame

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:50 am

M.Steiner
Ah nice, I hadn't seen that. Cheers Isi! :thumb:

Return to “General Discussions”