Neocron 3 in the works?!

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Neocron 3 in the works?!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:02 pm

M.Steiner
Kirk Lenke wrote:Hi guys,

I hear you loud and clear. And I do know that the NC community is waiting for the fixed patch. The patch itself went well and stable while we have tested it inhouse but due to some circumstances it messed the servers up - but you know that.
We still have it on the agenda! (!!!) But right now we want this Baby to fly properly and give the people lot of fun.

Neocron is still in our minds and we have decent plans in regard of an NC3 - and be sure that I will do everything to get these plans real... I would like to start with it soon and we are already in negotiations.

Another thing would be to make at least some money with our current NC2 because this money would go directly to NC3 developement
BUT before we take some (small and I mean a small amount) money it is mandatory to get some things fixed in your interests.

I will keep you posted as soon as find more time.

Please also forward this to the NC Comm if you like.

Take care and keep rockin'

Kirk
Actually we (Reakktor) never have planned to release NC2 as "Neocron 2" it was a decision made by 10tacle back then. Another of their bad ideas tbh.

So: it will be a new Neocron a real Neocron "3".
# If you are working on a NC3 which game engine are you gona use?
well maybe we do stay with Gamebryo but we also take all other engines in consideration.

# What time frame it would require to deliver NC beta or full release to the community?
2.5 to 3 years or less or longer ^^

# How many people are working on NC3 currently? Or how many will be working?
5-60

# What would be the MAjor changes in your opinion compared to NC 1 -> 2.2?
new setting, redesign of good ideas and many more new stuff to come

# Can you tell us the 5 majors additions to the game that you couldn't add to NC currently client?
only 5?!

# Would you share your thoughts about a possible Linux and Mac OS X support?
We will have Linux support I guess at least I want it. Its all a matter of time and money. But also we take a close look at the Mac base. Possible yes.

# Can you share more of those concept arts from NC3?
time will tell - so stay tuned pls.
http://blackprophecy.gamigo.com/forum/s ... 848&page=2
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php ... ge=1&pp=15

:D
Attachments
NC3_Artwork.jpg
NC3_Artwork.jpg (1.57 MiB) Viewed 13612 times
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Neocron 3 in the works?!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:46 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
NC2 was on Gamebryo? That explains so much - notably the constant FREs.

That aside, this is very surprising news. I would not have expected to hear a word about this before Black Prophecy released, with the minimum requirement for for NC3 being BP doing well. I was very skeptical of them being able to find a publisher for it after NC2 flopped so badly.

I would be very strongly interested should this ever come to fruition (not sure yet, since I take from the letter that they are still looking for a publisher and/or some funding). I just hope they have learnt their lessons from NC2 - yet despite the issues that should have taught those lessons, NC2 remains the best MMO I have played to date.

Again, if this does come to fruition, it would be great if we could get the old gang back together :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:03 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:NC2 was on Gamebryo? That explains so much - notably the constant FREs.
Nope. Neocron used an engine called Tekktonic which was then overhauled for NC2.
Black Prophecy uses Gamebryo. :)
Again, if this does come to fruition, it would be great if we could get the old gang back together :)
Yup! ^^

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:14 am

Futile Resistance
Hot diggidy dang. Here's to BP succeeding so we get NC3 :thumb:

Who knows, if they implement a few fixes with NC2 I might just give it a whirl again...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:07 pm

Stracius
Futile Resistance wrote:Hot diggidy dang. Here's to BP succeeding so we get NC3 :thumb:

Who knows, if they implement a few fixes with NC2 I might just give it a whirl again...

You mean the ones they haven't managed to fix for years? :p Nice to know they're actually making a new game of it, instead of releasing an expansion under a new number. As for rallying "the ol' gang"... meh. Old gang, new gang - I'll take a gang, period; need new blood anyway.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:12 pm

SL33PY
SSX-MS wrote:
Anubis wrote:NC2 was on Gamebryo? That explains so much - notably the constant FREs.
Nope. Neocron used an engine called Tekktonic which was then overhauled for NC2.
Black Prophecy uses Gamebryo. :)
Yup! ^^

You're partially right :p

Neocron used the Genesis 3D engine which was extensively modified and extended by reakktor, MJS came up with the idea to give the engine another name since the modifications were so extensive.
For NC1 => NC2 Codi did a lot of changes again to make the engine compatible with DX9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:28 pm

Cyma
OoOOOoO i still miss nc1 and my drones =) If it does go alive you can be sure im in it!

yay this cheer me up this morning, thanks for sharing the news!
Huh?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:58 pm

Kon
Well, this certainly piqued my interest. Though I wouldn't expect anything at all to materialize until they are done with Black Prophecy. And even then, it's going to be a few years. That said, I would definitely love to play when the day comes.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:21 pm

SL33PY
Need to ask Kirk about this, normally I would have seen him already, but we had to postpone our trip a few times. I'll be visiting him early January with the wife and kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:49 pm

BlackDove
I'd be interested.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Ash
Its time we had another decent cyberpunk MMO.
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:37 pm

SL33PY
Met up with Kirk, let's summarize that the intention is definitly there and as expected all depends on Black Prophecy.

No details sorry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:49 pm

M.Steiner
No worries. Here's to hoping BP is a big success :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:13 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SL33PY wrote:Met up with Kirk, let's summarize that the intention is definitly there and as expected all depends on Black Prophecy.
Excellent news! Here's to hoping BP works out for them :)

Thanks for passing on what you could SL33PY ^^
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:45 pm

Cyma
Aye Thanks SL33PY!

I really hope this will happen!
Huh?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:49 am

Serberus
*Girly Giggle* this would be a dream I have to say. I have my reservations knowing what they can be like. If it happens though, I'm in with tassels on!!!

Return to “General Discussions”