Double Fine Adventure & Kickstarter General

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: Double Fine Adventure & Kickstarter General

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:43 pm

M.Steiner
M.Steiner wrote:Oh and has anyone played the "Tex Murphy" games by any chance?. Anny maybe? I know you like your adventure games. :)
I've never heard of em before so not sure if they were any good or not but for anyone interested, Big Finish are launching a kickstarter on the 15th for a new Tex game. [Youtube vid]
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/251 ... ect-fedora :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:40 pm

M.Steiner
I backed a wonderful looking adventure game earlier today, it is called Lilly Looking Through.
The animations are really great and was nice seeing how Lilly interacted with the environment around her so naturally. The background music was extremely good too and goes so well with what's on screen.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to playing the rest of the game after seeing where the demo leaves things, quite intrigued to see where it goes. They look to have a beautiful little game here imo :)

There's a link to download the demo on their kickstarter page. It's not very long but it's well worth checking out and will give you a better idea of the game, tis only 97mb too. :thumb:

---
In other news; the Dead State kickstarter which I have been harping on about for quite some time now will be going live any day now!. I will be sure to post a link when it does, hopefully it won't disappoint!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:43 pm

M.Steiner
Dead State Kickstarter has literally just launched :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:02 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:Dead State Kickstarter has literally just launched :thumb:
Keep us updated. Really hope that one gets funded - the fact that some of the people who worked on Bloodlines are behind it is enough reason on its own to fund it.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:37 am

M.Steiner
Yep, and one of the lead developers at that. I'm glad to see someone else here thinks it's worth supporting, unlike some people! (*cough.. Kahn*) :p
:)

Will be following its progress closely so will keep ya updated, I was one of the first 5 backers hehe (#4 I think).
Really hope it goes well for them ^^

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:32 pm

M.Steiner
Just an update since I said I would - Dead State has just reached its goal this evening with 13 days still to go ;)
Very happy!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:42 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:Just an update since I said I would - Dead State has just reached its goal this evening with 13 days still to go ;)
Very happy!
A thought, following on from your letting me know the Kickstarter had now ended the other day mate.

Do we yet have a release window on it? I think I recall one being mentioned, but that was before all this extra content was added in to the pitch for reward purposes. Do we know if that has pushed whatever date we had?
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:48 am

M.Steiner
Afaik December 2013 is still the scheduled release but if I hear any different I'll let ya know! :thumb:

Really chuffed that it not only succeeded for them but reached 6 of 7 stretch goals to add the weapons pack, animals, several new areas etc too. Great to know that 10,096 other backers liked the premise of it too & saw the great potential it has, would have been hugely disappointed if it had failed to get the funding it needed :)
Can't wait to get my hands on some of these games ^^. Quite a long wait for some of them still but at least we've got plenty of big budget titles releasing inbetween to keep us occupied hehe.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:34 pm

M.Steiner
Been a while since I posted any new links so here's a few of the popular projects I've seen:

OUYA Console
GaymerCon
Oculus Rift
Jack Houston and the Necronauts
Steam Bandits: Outpost
Knock-Knock
Bad Planet
Project Lodus
Shadowrun Online
Defense Grid 2

Anyone supported anything recently?. Last projects I backed were Dead State & Mad Dog, may pledge towards some of these though :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:45 am

Stracius
Lilly Looking Through (successful) and Skyjacker (unsuccessful) are the only other two projects I've had an interest in since Dead State. Well, at least until I saw Shadowrun Online two days ago.

Thanks for the heads up on the others, I'll check them out tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:27 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse

If that doesn't get funded it'll be a crime. Get to it guys! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:34 pm

M.Steiner
I haven't played a Broken Sword game before but I'm all for supporting adventure games like this so they've got my backing. I see they're based in York too according to their page, that's cool ^^. Ta for linking Anny :)
(Oh and one of those guys appears to be wearing the same headphones I have plugged into my guitar amp heh - Sennheiser HD 380 Pro. Good taste)

I backed this as well recently: Planetary Annihilation - A Next Generation RTS. You may have seen it already as Kahn linked it on IRC a few days back too. :thumb:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:17 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Broken Sword is nearly funded - only another $40kish to go now!

I also heard that Planetary Annihilation got funding this week? Good news :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:44 pm

M.Steiner
Yep Planetary Annihilation has already exceeded its funding target, you not pledge towards that one mate?
They're at 1.1mil now :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:10 pm

Stracius
Kicking myself for only just now finding about this one: Nexus II

Don't know if anyone here played Nexus: The Jupiter Incident, but I recommend checking it out if you haven't ($10 on Steam, it's a steal!). Released '04, it's a space RTS/fleet simulator without any resource gathering or base building elements, and a hint of RPG to give it that much more flavor. I enjoyed it immensely and still replay it from time to time.

I'm hoping to see the sequel get funded; these guys did an awesome job with the first game. In fact, I suddenly have an itch to dig out the CD again.

A couple other mentions that I'm watching are Shaker (they love to throw out the oldskool rpg idea [get off my lawn!]), and Armada Online, which has had a multiplayer playable alpha for about 4 years now.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:51 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Ohhhhh. Nexus 2? You're kidding? I'm funding that like crazy.

Looking at the total so far the chances don't look great, but it'd be a crime if this slips through the net. Nexus was a superb game, and remains my second favourite space game of all time after FS2 to this day. Really REALLY hope they manage it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:49 am

Kon
Feeling generous thanks to rent-free living. Also in a good mood. Dropped $55 for the boxed version. Hopefully they make the goal, or at least get close enough to warrant further attention from a publisher. Good to hear most of the original team is still there.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Did I mention that Project Eternity broke all records in terms of Kickstarting a game btw? No? Well I did now ;)

Great news as far as I am concerned. You couldn't find more creative people than Chris Avellone and the Obsidian (ex Black Isle/Troika included) guys anywhere. They absolutely deserve this as much as Tim Schafer did with DFA. I know we'll get a fantastic CRPG out of that project.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:41 am

M.Steiner
Not interested in Nexus 2 myself as you know what I'm like with stuff like that but I'd keep all your fingers and toes crossed for that one. The only way that's gonna get funded is if they kick their advertisement up and others start doing the same through word of mouth etc, current backers start increasing their pledges and/or someone comes along and helps save the day like they did for République.
They're only at 20% atm with just 9 days to go. I hope it meets its target for you guys but I can't see it happening myself unless something changes like the above, at the rate it has been going up until now? Never gonna happen.
ImageImage
Will keep my fingers crossed too!

I'm sure the guys at Obsidian will do a great job with Project Eternity too and I shall look forward to following the development of that and seeing how it eventually turns out.
I backed this one just minutes after it went up but can they do one thing though? can they please make sure it's not a bug-ridden mess when they release it? Just polish it up a bit first and make sure there aren't any game breaking bugs & glitches which are likely to detract from the overall game experience. This is all I ask! :p

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:11 am

Stracius
No need to pee in my cheerios, man. I'm a realist.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:26 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Nexus 2 didn't make it :( But they've said they're going to go away and evaluate a way forward - maybe they will come back with a better prepared proposal down the line.

Would be a crying shame if the project just died and never got another chance. Nexus was such a great game...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:04 pm

M.Steiner
We haven't had any Kickstarter projects posted on here in quite some time now (other than Torment and Veronica Mars) so I thought I'd give this thread a little bump!

The Realm Game
Jagged Alliance: Flashback
Among the Sleep

These launched within the last week and are definitely worth a look I'd say. Really hope they reach their goals, I've backed all 3 :)

(There was Consortium too which I also backed, but this one ended 5 days ago so it's too late to pledge towards that one now. It was successfully funded though)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
The Realm Game looks really interesting. Shocked it's only managed £14k in a day :blank:

Hope that one gets funded. The industry needs more unique adventure games like that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:30 pm

M.Steiner
Aye I thought the same, it was looking at The Realm Game again today which initially made me think of posting some of them up here again to tell you the truth. Thought some of you guys might be interested and to do my bit helping to spread the word somewhat too. Needs a lot some more exposure atm as I've not really seen it posted anywhere else yet, unlike Jagged Alliance: Flashback which I've seen on several gaming sites already and they only launched their kickstarter today.
It's a beautiful looking game though so I think once the word gets out they'll have no problems reaching their goal. Fingers crossed :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:59 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:Aye I thought the same, it was looking at The Realm Game again today which initially made me think of posting some of them up here again to tell you the truth. Thought some of you guys might be interested and to do my bit helping to spread the word somewhat too. Needs a lot some more exposure atm as I've not really seen it posted anywhere else yet, unlike Jagged Alliance: Flashback which I've seen on several gaming sites already and they only launched their kickstarter today.
It's a beautiful looking game though so I think once the word gets out they'll have no problems reaching their goal. Fingers crossed :)
Yeah, appreciate you sharing the links. I don't follow the whole Kickstarter phenomenon too closely anymore, since I've already funded quite a few projects - so I'm not really getting sight of stuff like this which is cropping up.

Really appreciate you pointing us at some of the gems as and when they surface, so they don't get entirely lost :)

Return to “General Discussions”