E3 2013 - Schedule & Discussion

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: E3 2013 - Schedule & Discussion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:53 pm

SoulSeeker
PS4 looks sweet,spec wise,looks its another plastic box......Playstation forums are all moaning about a yearly subscription but xbox has had that for years.

I'm 90% thinking of getting a PS4 unless Microsoft bows down to the gamers who put it to where it is atm on the xbox360, but i doubt it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:53 pm

M.Steiner
Yeah, the only slightly negative thing revealed about the PS4 is that multiplayer will now need a Playstation Plus subscription but I can't blame them for getting in on that, PS Plus is cheaper than Gold as well I believe so even in that department they have the edge. It's not something I'd have a problem with though and compared to some of the issues with Xbone it's nothing basically.
Oh and the use of real name IDs on top of your usual nicknames which they showed in their last conference, however from what I understand these won't be displayed by default so I could live with that. Had they been forced on you to be visible to other players (even if it was just your friends) I would have had a big problem with that coming from someone who chooses not to use most social networking sites.

Just incase some of you missed this video btw:
:lol: Brilliant.

So we've got
SL33PY wrote:PS4 will be 100€ less than the new XBox One... Game...
PS4 does not need to be connected to the internet at all times to play (singleplayer!) games... Set...
PS4 Allows people to lend out a game, or resell their old games, XBox One actively prevents this... MATCH!
More powerful
Backwards compatibility through Gaikai, not ideal if you've already bought some games but Xbone offers none at all
Great support for indie developers
Region free
Play your games whilst they are downloading
+ a nicer looking machine, at least I think so.
+ it doesn't force some Kinect device onto every single console owner.

I'll still play my games primarily on PC when given the option and for as long as my PC can perform well enough leading up to my next upgrade, whenever that is. But as for these consoles.. After watching all of the conferences and whilst MS' show was decent for the most part, it doesn't get rid of the awful stuff we were already made aware of recently which are too big to forget about regardless of what games they may have. Sony hit some of those controversies head on though thankfully and basically took a dump on them tbh. Add the great pricing in and the other benefits it has and the PS4 is the only choice to go with imo. I'm thinking about pre-ordering one myself actually.

Biggest surprise of the day? - Tom Clancy's The Division. Wow. Ubi surprised us yet again.
Most happy to see? - Mirror's Edge 2!!
Biggest disappointment? - Had been expecting Beyond Good & Evil 2 during Ubi's conference but it was a no show.

EA's conference was probably the worst of last night (on the whole that is) but they redeemed themselves at the end of it with the Mirror's Edge 2 reveal and the awesome looking BF4 multiplayer demo.

Versus XIII now rebranded as FFXV and looked really, really good imo. Has moved over to the PS4 as I thought it might.
The Last Guardian didn't make an appearance unfortunately but not like I expected it to. I imagine that will now be a PS4 exclusive too.
Really liked The Dark Sorcerer tech demo from Quantic Dream too...
Lots of good stuff to see yesterday really heh...
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:40 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Still not seen Ubisoft or EA's conferences yet, so I'll leave my ratings for later. But thoughts from tonight:

- If The Dark Sorceror doesn't get made into a full game it'll be a crime.

- Tretton REALLY stuck the boot in to Microsoft. I've never seen an E3 crowd go so wild. Credit to Sony for having the balls to do it. MS deserve all they get.

- WatchDogs still Game of the Year.

- If Tretton didn't kill Microsoft, the price point did. You can't get away with a $100 price gap during a major global recession.

This was by FAR the best E3 Press Conference I've seen in years. Really, really impressed with Sony this year. I am very sorely tempted to pre-order a PS4. The only advantage Microsoft still has is the controller.

Tretton came on stage to "Welcome to the New Age". Certainly feels like that was a very apt song choice tonight.

EDIT: The full "The Dark Sorceror" tech demo
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:30 am

M.Steiner
You know.. I'd have to seriously question why any informed gamer would choose to buy an Xbox One over a PS4 at launch now given what we know. I mean no offence to anyone there btw just incase any of you are considering it but it would be interesting to hear from anyone who does decide to buy one and why exactly. Not to judge, just curious :)
I've never really been in either "camp" as it were, and own both the 360 and PS3 (though my PS3 has far more exclusives) so it's not like I have ever had blind allegiance to one or the other but after everything we've seen and read regarding both machines, to me, there is only 1 clear choice when you consider the full package and its pricing and that is the PS4.
MS' conference was actually very good and it will have Quantum Break from Remedy which would be the main game I would want for that but most of the other games I've seen; Infamous: Second Son, Driveclub, Tom Clancy's The Division, FFXV, MGSV, KHIII, The Dark Sorceror tech demo, Destiny etc will either be available on both or will be exclusive to the PS4. Then you have other games like The Witcher 3 and such which I'll obviously play on PC. Then I consider the fact that The Last Guardian will most certainly be a PS4 title now as well and Naughty Dog's next game will ofc be a PS4 exclusive too...
So the Xbone with its much higher price, it's always-on and other "features" I don't wish to support.. Just a no brainer for me tbh. The Xbone just has far too many negatives attached to it and not enough going for it for me to even consider it really, especially at £429.

I pre-order the majority of my games nowadays and have done for a long time but I have never pre-ordered a console before in my life.
Today that changed. (Pre-ordered a PS4 earlier this evening).

[Edit]
annnnd they continue to dig their grave just that little bit deeper lol
Unbelievable.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:42 am

SL33PY
Also:

PS4 is region unlocked
PS4 still allows the user to upgrade it's HDD (gona put an SSD in mine from day 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:22 pm

M.Steiner
Finally something new of Lords of the Fallen!

Gorgeous.
I've said before but incase anyone has forgotten or is unaware of this title, this is the action role-playing fantasy game in development from Tomasz Gop (former CDPR).
It was supposed to be playable at E3 to some degree so hopefully we'll get a video of this very soon :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:58 pm

SoulSeeker
Any way to use an xbox controller on a ps4?? :D more to the point is can we use a mouse and keyboard on a ps4 hmmm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:18 pm

Stracius

Thought this might be appropriate to leave here.

Also, and slightly off-topic, thumbnail tags?
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:00 pm

Thunderbird
SoulSeeker wrote:Any way to use an xbox controller on a ps4?? :D more to the point is can we use a mouse and keyboard on a ps4 hmmm
I know it's possible to use a keyboard with a PS3 (maybe a mouse depending on the game), but I have a feeling an Xbox controller won't be usable on a PS4 :p.
SL33PY wrote:Also:

PS4 is region unlocked
PS4 still allows the user to upgrade it's HDD (gona put an SSD in mine from day 1)
You sure that's not just "developers can choose whether a game is region locked" like the PS3 ended up being? (99% of games on the PS3 are region free, but Persona 4 Arena is region locked)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:28 pm

M.Steiner
Stracius wrote:Also, and slightly off-topic, thumbnail tags?
Don't think we have any unfortunately.

Thunderbird wrote:You sure that's not just "developers can choose whether a game is region locked" like the PS3 ended up being? (99% of games on the PS3 are region free, but Persona 4 Arena is region locked)
Joystiq wrote:"In general, neither digital or disc-based games will be region locked, but we recommend users purchase games at the region of their residence to guarantee the best overall consumer experience (eg, customer service). In addition, certain software makers' game titles may be region locked."
So yep.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:22 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:
Stracius wrote:Also, and slightly off-topic, thumbnail tags?
Don't think we have any unfortunately.
Indeed we don't. I need to do that at some point.

Also, Lords of the Fallen looks impressive. That will be one to watch I think - especially if it's by former CDR guys.

And thanks for the chart Strac - very useful indeed :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:00 am

Stracius
As a huge fan of anythingmech, I see a Wii U in my future. Especially since it will be backwards compatible with Wii game discs. There are quite a few I never played that looked fantastic.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:01 am

SL33PY
SoulSeeker wrote:Any way to use an xbox controller on a ps4?? :D more to the point is can we use a mouse and keyboard on a ps4 hmmm
No on the xbot controller

as for the rest:
yes it's already possible on the PS3

Dust 514 lends itself well for keyboard/mouse interaction, especially if you want to chat with EVE Online players

on another note:
I'm thinking of upgrading my graphic cards just for watchdogs... I'm also getting a second full hd monitor... I'm so excited for this game

Best new ip since assassin's creed imo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:10 pm

Stracius
SL33PY wrote:on another note: I'm thinking of upgrading my graphic cards just for watchdogs...
Did I ever tell you that I run a hardware disposal service? If you need to get rid of those old, out of date, crappy cards then send them to me and I'll make sure they're properly... taken care of. No extra charge!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:57 pm

SL33PY
well, my wife has the same gpu in her pc so i'll probable put on of them in my wife's pc and the second one will be sold to my bro, his card can be sent to you at postage cost, no problem... but it's old and outdated

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:26 pm

Whizbang
Anyone notice in that list that Strac posted up that DE:The Fall is listed as Mobile? What is up with that?
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:55 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Mechanus wrote:Anyone notice in that list that Strac posted up that DE:The Fall is listed as Mobile? What is up with that?
I think that one is the mobile first game, that was then announced for other platforms at a later date?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:51 pm

M.Steiner
yeah, Deus Ex: The Fall is mobile garbage unfortunately. Has only been announced for iOS (and later Android), no other platforms. Was gutted when I saw the teasers for a new game and then later learned what it was for.
They should leave that shit alone quite frankly. Give me a new DE on PC already, and not a port of said mobile game.

Also MGSV PC from that chart:
Kojima wrote:Of course we are developing on a PC, so we look forward to releasing something on the PC sometime, but right now we have no release date. We are not really looking to do that right now, that’s not a priority.
We are making it and we hope to put it out [on PC] as well.
So possibly PC later on but right now the only confirmed and committed platforms are the consoles. PS4 day 1 for me in which case but will get it for PC too if & when it arrives. Same as I'll be doing for GTAV really.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:30 am

Thunderbird
Stracius wrote:As a huge fan of anythingmech, I see a Wii U in my future. Especially since it will be backwards compatible with Wii game discs. There are quite a few I never played that looked fantastic.
This makes me think I should probably getting around to unwrapping Xenoblade and actually playing it :p (I bought it near release, but it remains in the plastic wrap cause my gaming backlog is a little large right now).

Hopefully X won't have nearly the lag time in reaching US shores as Xenoblade did.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:27 am

Stracius
Thunderbird wrote:Xenoblade
The first game that came to mind, though that might be because this appears to be some sort of spiritual successor.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:51 pm

M.Steiner
Anyone else decided to pre-order either of the consoles yet btw? :)
I know as soon as I'd played Heavy Rain on my PS3 I wished I had gotten one sooner instead of waiting so damn long. Won't have that this time around hehe.
There's a pretty strong demand for the PS4 after E3 it seems. Good to see.

PS4 Interactive Model
I actually really like the design of it. It's actually quite small in reality too, unlike the Xbone brick.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:59 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I haven't pre-ordered just yet, but I'm very tempted (PS4 obviously, not the Xbone).

The main thing that has stopped me so far is that it's not clear which titles will be launch titles right now. I don't really want to get one, then let it gather dust for six months while titles release. I only have room for one console, so when I get a PS4 then PS3 will have to go away - I don't want to pick one up, therefore, until I am confident I'll be picking up and running with it.

When release dates become clearer, I will probably re-consider this position.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:36 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:I only have room for one console
Do you realise just how small the PS4 actually is btw?
Much smaller than you probably thought it was I bet?. I was surprised too, comes across as looking much bigger in the promotional images and what not when you don't have other objects at the side of it to properly judge scale.
That thing won't take up much room at all tbh. Xbone on the other hand you'd probably want a reinforced shelf lol :)

Launch titles are Driveclub, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Knack & Watch Dogs according to a quick search I've just done, so far anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:25 am

Thunderbird
I saw this elsewhere, had to share.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:21 am

M.Steiner
^ :lol:

Return to “General Discussions”