Taste of Random

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: Taste of Random

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:18 am

Khizune
Speaking of frontline fighting :D

Infinity can be everything. And it can be nothing
I inhabit the nothingness
And from it I create everything.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:00 am

Khizune
K I went a little silly and took showcase screens of the vehicles, Vanu Sovereignty specific....meaning everything is purple...we love purple...
Also the vehicles are modified to my own liking so most are not quite vanilla.

Harasser: An agile dune buggy like vehicle excelling at its namesake. Infantry and tanks beware.

Flash: Exactly as it seems. Its an ATV perfect for personal transport and taking out light armor with its mounted grenade launcher.

Lightning: An agile lightly armored tank meant to be used in a group or with support. Its main cannon can be geared for infantry or armor. It also has access to a powerful anti-aircraft flak turret called a Skyguard.

Sunderer: The most important ground vehicle available to all factions, this vehicle when equipped with the right gear can deploy into a mobile spawn point. Good sunderer placement wins fights.

Magrider: The Vanu Sovereignty specific heavy armored tank. Unlike the other factions our MBT is a hover craft and far more versatile than the others. Mag drivers can reach vantage points inaccessible to all other vehicles.

Vanguard: This beast of a tank belongs to the New Conglomerate. The NC like blue. Its slow, bulky and has a special Shield ability that absorbs massive damage for 6 seconds making it extremely hated by the other factions.

Prowler: Terran Republics bulky, very square Main Battle Tank. Seeing a column of these roll up the road is quite a sight. The special ability they have is Lockdown. During lockdown the tank is immobilized but fire rate and projectile velocity are massively increased. Terran Republic, TR, like red and sport high rate of fire across most of their weapons.
Normal Mode
Lockdown
Last edited by Khizune on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:58 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Did you do the designs yourself? Looks very customised :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:57 pm

M.Steiner
Played a bit of PS2 myself but this was way back in beta. Reminded me quite a bit of Neocron for its PvP with the different capture points on the map and vehicles for combat too, similar to a bigger scale Battlefield (conquest mode) too perhaps.
Didn't play a ton of it but the time I did spend with it was much fun, though would have been far more enjoyable had we had a group of ours in there to play with :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:24 pm

Khizune
Anubis wrote:Did you do the designs yourself? Looks very customised :)
I didn't. I simply chose a camo i liked, which is Zebra, and slapped on my preferred decal. I play as an Engineer a lot so the mechanics skull was cool for me. PS2 has software to create your own stuff though. Most of the helmets in game are made by fellow players in fact. I think camouflage is released by the devs only though and they have a big selection.
M.Steiner wrote:Didn't play a ton of it but the time I did spend with it was much fun, though would have been far more enjoyable had we had a group of ours in there to play with :)
I agree! The game was lacking until I found a laidback outfit to run with. The people in it are pretty fun and work well together and I'm happy to be integrating fairly well into their family.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:05 am

Khizune
Next up is the aircraft!

Liberator: Imagine the American A-10 Warthog and the AC-130 Gunship having an offspring. The Liberator is that offspring. Sporting a Tank Buster on the nose, a belly gun and a tail gun, this beast of air is ideal for bombing and danger close air support. An expert pilot with veteran gunners is a godsend to soldiers pinned down in the field.
Tank Buster
Tail and Belly

Galaxy: This metal behemoth is like its real world counterpart and quite similar in looks. Its real world counterpart is the C-5 Galaxy. It has four gun seats, two anti-air, one on the top and one in the tail. Each wing sports either a machine gun or a grenade launcher. Its main purpose is a transport craft as it holds a whole 12 people, a full squad, in its belly.

Scythe: Vanu Sovereigntys fighter jet. Like the magrider it hovers when at ground level. It sports laser cannons and a powerful plasma cannon meant for ground support and close range dogfighting.

Mosquito: Aptly named, the Terran Republics Mosquito is fast and fires even faster. Though not as powerful as the other factions it makes up for it in rate of fire sporting nose mounted mini guns.

Reaver: The New Conglomerate Reaver is the embodiment of NC play style. Slow, bulky and hellishly powerful at close range. Along with standard machine guns it can carry on its nose a high powered shotgun that fires explosive rounds.
Last edited by Khizune on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:12 am

Khizune
Finally, I had a little time to wander around during the night cycle of the game and witness sunrise on ultra graphics.

I wish I could film or screen cap battles for y'all at the same graphic level. The game has an overlooked beauty similar to Eve. Bullets and plasma and explosions at night are absolutely mesmerizing. That is not to say I cant record. On the contrary I've already recorded and I'm working on uploading a few clips from the day. And it was an unusually good day for me :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:52 am

Khizune
Finally finally, two vids of pure gameplay from my very own engineer perspective.

http://youtu.be/6a0zvIJQ9fc
http://youtu.be/WoM6QEZV4a8

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:36 am

Khizune
Not much else to screen cap besides fights which are hard to cap cuz I dont play the steam version of the game so I dont get the luxury of just pressing F12. Recording is sparse cuz I'm always in teamspeak and its against me to have their voices in a video.

Sunset on Amerish

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:40 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
That's one stunning vista!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:10 am

Khizune
That's one stunning vista!
There's a lot of areas on each map that have their stunning look. Even the deserts of Indar have some beauty to them in the twilight hours.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:40 pm

Khizune
So awhile back I mentioned having news and that I wouldnt comment further until I was absolutely certain. Well its been some time and I'm now absolutely certain. The news is that I'll be quitting Eve. Not big news. The game just has nothing fun to offer me. Besides the fights in null and I cant participate in those when I have to worry about my ingame cash flow which for the most part I didnt have because I'm not that smart with money. Getting the money was boring and tedious and I'm having way more fun in other games. So yea, nothing more coming from Eve out of me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:49 am

SL33PY
You're putting it wrong, you are taking a break

As am I, but I'll be back

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:28 am

Khizune
You're putting it wrong, you are taking a break
Fair enough.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:40 am

M.Steiner
I think I've found your next game, Khizune!

Star Citizen
CLICK TO ENLARGE
Gonna be a good game for screenies methinks :D
(Apologies for cross posting some of these btw. Seemed appropriate!)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:17 pm

Khizune
You nailed it actually. I've got a standard issue aurora package and super excited for the games development. On the downside my computer is dying slowly starting the worst way possible. Participated in two server smashes on Planetside and the GPU took some serious stress from heat because I left the computer on and went to sleep with the lid closed so it built up and now theres damage...and stuff. yea..familiar scenario from when I was a new face here eh? :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:37 am

SL33PY
it's a story I think I've heard before :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:01 am

Khizune
Haha. Well I love the look of Star Citizen. The group I joined in PS2 has a branch in the game as well and plan to be pirates or pirate hunters. I really like where theyre taking it and I put myself in a position to be the one with the Banu Merchantman and haul the spoils or supplies across the galaxy. I look forward to the progress of the game itself a lot but I dont expect anything big for a little while.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:57 pm

Khizune
Also, after realizing I named a ship and didn't describe or explain it in any way besides it being a hauler, here's a concept art!

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... /Banu3.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:53 am

M.Steiner
I hadn't seen that one before, very nice though! :D
Assuming there will be a way to play with more than one group in the game (and both orgs are okay with that when the time comes) you'll have to come join us guys as well if you can (and want to of course). Would be nice to have ya!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:49 pm

Khizune
I'd love to fly with SS-X again. I doubt the guys from PS2 would have a problem with me flying under two banners.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:03 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
We'd love to have you too! :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:41 am

Khizune
So a few things have changed, most importantly I'm ready to grow up. I've been sitting in my room for two years doing nothing but spiraling into a depression or losing brain cells to flashing lights and heated fights on my computer screen. Finally though I hit the point where my entire being has said "enough". I've got a plan, I've got the motivation to see this plan through. Most importantly I have the optimism to believe I can do it. I've been hesitant up to this point for many reasons. Some are rational and some are irrational. I was afraid to step into the adult world and to some extent even mentally unprepared. ADHD has been a significant hindrance as in the two years of doing nothing it manifested more and more each day pulling me back to the thought that I would lose everything fun if I got a job and moved on. I never put myself in a situation where I had to control it. In the next couple weeks I hope to have a job and begin saving up for a new computer that will be hand built. There's a lot more to the plan but it's all ideas and up in the air until I can actually make good on moving towards the end.

Love y'all!
Khi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:25 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Know exactly how you feel mate - I was in a very similar place a couple of years ago myself. Sounds like you've already taken the hardest step by recognising the situation for what it is, and resolving to do something about it. Good on you - it took me a long time to do that, many years more than you say it's taken you.

I wish you nothing but the best, and hope that you have all the success that I've found in trying the same things myself. It's a long road back when you're that far down it, but it's worth it in the end. We're all rooting for you :)

And when you've got that new machine, make sure you show off some new pics for us :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:31 am

Khizune
Thank you. And hell yea I'll still take photos. I might even start recording!

Return to “General Discussions”