E3 2014

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

E3 2014

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:40 pm

M.Steiner
[indent]MONDAY JUNE 9TH : MAIN PRESS CONFERENCES
GT STREAM[/size] · IGN STREAM[/indent][/size]
Microsoft
09:30 PDT | 12:30 EDT | 17:30 BST | 18:30 CEST
Date & time confirmed

Electronic Arts
12:00 PDT | 15:00 EDT | 20:00 BST | 21:00 CEST
Date & time confirmed

Ubisoft
15:00 PDT | 18:00 EDT | 23:00 BST | 00:00 CEST (10th)
Date & time confirmed

Sony
18:00 PDT | 21:00 EDT | 02:00 BST (10th) | 03:00 CEST (10th)
Date & time confirmed

[indent]TUESDAY JUNE 10TH : NINTENDO
NOA STREAM[/indent][/size]
Nintendo Digital Event
09:00 PDT | 12:00 EDT | 17:00 BST | 18:00 CEST
Date & time confirmed

[indent]OTHER LIVE COVERAGE, EVERY DAY OF E3
TWITCH STREAM[/size] · IGN STREAM[/size][/indent]

What's this, 6 weeks away now?
[At the time of writing this EA & Ubi have already announced their conferences for Monday June 9th at 9pm & 11pm UK time but I'll update this post with a full schedule, time conversions and stream links nearer the time. Assuming there's some interest and peeps are going to be watching that is.]

So what are you guys hoping to see from this years E3 then? Any particular games you'd like to see get announced? or games you know are on the way but are hoping to see a little more of? Full blown gameplay demo or maybe just a trailer?
First of all I'm hoping we get a few unknown surprises. Ubi have managed to pull it off twice already with their announcements for both Watch Dogs and The Division so I'd love to be blown away again by at least one surprise reveal. Can they do it 3 years running?. Hope so.

Besides surprises there's still lots I'm hoping/expecting to see though.

Games I'd like to see announced
- Dishonored 2
- Mafia III
- Quantic Dream' next game
- Fallout 4
- Grand Theft Auto V (for PC/PS4/X1)

Games I'd like to see (trailer/gameplay demo)
- Cyberpunk 2077
- The Witcher 3
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- The Division
- New Deus Ex
- Far Cry 4
- Mirror's Edge 2
- Uncharted 4
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Rime
- Hitman 6
- Mass Effect 4
- Assassin's Creed Unity
- Sleeping Dogs: Triad Wars
- Tomb Raider (reboot) 2
- GTAV Story DLC
- Batman: Arkham Knight
- Destiny
- Driveclub
- Middle-Earth: Shadows of Mordor
- Lords of the Fallen
- Mad Max
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- New Prince of Persia
- The Order: 1886
- The Sims 4
- Gravity Rush 2
- Just Cause 3
- The Evil Within

Wishful thinking, again
- Half-Life 3
- Shenmue 3
- The Last Guardian
- Agent
- Final Fantasy XV
- Beyond Good & Evil 2

Also hoping to see Sony's VR headset, Project Morpheus.

Probably some more but those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.
How about the rest of you? :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: E3 2014

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:56 pm

SL33PY
agent, wasn't that the PS3 exclusive MMO? I gave up on that one completely

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:12 pm

M.Steiner
It was announced for PS3 yep but not an MMO, you may be thinking of something else. Agent was announced as the new IP from Rockstar.
From the wiki:
"Agent is a first person stealth action video game currently in development by Rockstar North for the PlayStation 3. In July 2007, Sony announced that Rockstar was working on a new franchise for the PlayStation 3, but details of the project, including its title, were not announced until June 2009 during the Sony press conference at E3.

The game is set during the Cold War and will take players into "the world of counter-intelligence, espionage and political assassinations", according to a Rockstar press release. Rockstar has yet to reveal any details regarding the setting other than the fact that it will be set in the late 1970s.

Announced in 2007 exclusively for PS3, little was heard about the game after 2009 and it was thought to have been cancelled, although Take-Two confirmed in May 2011 that Agent was still in development. In July 2013, Take-Two Interactive registered two trademarks for the game."

[Edit] Thought of another - The Sims 4
Been a long time since I played The Sims (played a ton of Sims 1 and 2 back in the day but never really touched 3), but I wouldn't mind seeing what they've done with TS4 and whether it has made any advancements or not. Already confirmed to be appearing at E3.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:42 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Is it really only six weeks away? Damn, that's really crept up on me this year...

All I want this year is for a load of awesome games to be announced so that I can get to play them all at Eurogamer Expo in September :D
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:03 pm

M.Steiner
Just added the schedule for this years E3 event now that most of the dates have been confirmed. I've put a placeholder for Sony for now but since the others are basically the same time slots as last year I expect theirs to be held at the same time too. I'll be sure to change it if not.
Live stream links usually remain the same each year as well but should they change (or a few others appear which we could use as backups) I'll be sure to update those too.

So, mark your calendars:
M.Steiner wrote:MONDAY JUNE 9TH
09:30 PDT | 12:30 EDT | 17:30 BST | 18:30 CEST
This is when it all kicks off.
If some of the "supposed" leaked details from Sony's briefing are to believed they are going to kill with theirs. As if I wasn't excited enough already haha.

Really hope lots of you will drop by IRC and watch them live with us this year. We only see E3 once a year and it's always good fun to watch with people here, even if a particular stage demo (or conference as a whole) is tanking lol :thumb:
Anyway, can't wait :D

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Whizbang
Unfortunately I will be working at my new job and won't have the luxury of being on IRC as much as I currently am. That means missing things like E3 until after I get home and by then most of you are already asleep. :(
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:15 pm

M.Steiner
They won't let you use IRC at your new job? :(

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:25 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:They won't let you use IRC at your new job? :(
Common thing sadly. The IT Policy at my company has the same restrictions for all chat systems, which is why I'm not on during the day :(

Sorry to hear it Mech - will definitely still see you around at weekends though even if not during the week, though that won't help the E3 issue. Couldn't cope without someone else sane re: football ;)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:40 am

M.Steiner
Sucks. I remember the days when a few of our guildies used to play stuff like WoW at work. Dungeons, bit of pvp, you name it. Could completely understand with restricting stuff like that (haha) but I don't see the harm in having a simple IRC chat running in the background unless that's all the individual ever did, but then they'd get fired lol.

Will miss having you around as much anyway, Mech. Do hope you enjoy your new job though, that's the main thing :)

Just over 4 weeks away now!
Has anyone heard whether Konami will be having a conference or show of some sorts this year btw?. Will keep my eye out if not and add those details to the schedule if there are any. Really hoping to see a demo of The Phantom Pain myself, if not from a show of theirs then from one of the others.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:24 am

M.Steiner
Sony confirmed now too, same time as last year :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:22 pm

SoulSeeker
But you can get irc clients for your phone and run them in the background .

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:54 am

SL33PY
Op de eerste dag van de E3-gamebeurs, die plaats zal vinden van 9 tot en met 12 juni, komt Ubisoft met aankondigingen rondom Assassins Creed: Unity, The Crew, Far Cry 4, Tom Clancy's The Division en Valiant Hearts: The Great War. Alle vijf games zullen volgens Polygon naar de PlayStation 4, Xbox One en Windows komen.
On the first day of E3, which will take place from june 9th to 12th, ubisoft will make announcements regarding: Assassins Creed: Unity, The Crew, Far Cry 4, Tom Clancy's The Division en Valiant Hearts: The Great War.

All five games will release on the PS4 XB1 and Windows according to polygon

The Division is a 2015 release game, The Crew should be 2014Q4

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:11 pm

M.Steiner
Don't have much interest for The Crew tbh (maybe that'll change) but I'm looking forward to seeing more of the others, and hopefully a surprise reveal from them too like we've had the past 2 years (with Watch Dogs and The Division).
2 more weeks! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:03 pm

M.Steiner
One week to go!!

Also just as a reminder (and to those who were unaware to begin with), CDPR will be having their own live streaming event this Thursday - http://www.thewitcher.com/stream
New unseen footage being shown as well as the unveiling of the collector's edition :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:32 pm

SL33PY
And now that it's here, you're not posting tsk tsk tsk :D

Dragon age 3:
gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icUu7SXHThc

cinematic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wGHA_YRhrs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:45 pm

M.Steiner
We've got running commentary on IRC whilst they're live that's why!. Come join us ;)
Ubisoft on in 15 minutes, then Sony.

Battlefield: Hardline beta now live. Sign-up here!
(I got in. Will download when I'm done with streaming)

Will gather up some links and vids for my highlights tomorrow :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:06 am

M.Steiner
Tons of videos here for you guys (from all conferences including Sony). Click the spoiler tag to reveal.
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Grand Theft Auto V (PS4/XB1/PC)
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Batman: Arkham Knight
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Far Cry 4
The Division
Bloodborne
Mirror's Edge 2
Rainbow Six: Siege
The Order 1886
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Ori and the Blind Forest
Inside
Battlefield: Hardline
Star Wars: Battlefront
Dead Island 2
Valiant Hearts: The Great War
The Last of Us Remastered
No Man's Sky
Grim Fandango Remastered
So far, AC: Unity has turned out to be the best thing I've seen this evening. Was looking forward to seeing it but was not expecting to be blown away or anything. It looks incredible.
Let's see what Sony have to show....

[Edit: Have edited in some vids from the Sony conference too. It was very disappointing for the most part (the dude wouldn't shut the hell up) but I still came away somewhat happy for seeing the games I was hoping for (like MGSV and Arkham Knight). They could have cut so much crap though. Ubi wins best conference and Assassin's Creed: Unity is still my pick of the show.
There's a little surprise reveal in that list of videos for you too Anny, assuming you don't hear about it before you see my post!]

Bed time. Enjoy the vids :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:45 am

SL33PY
My thoughts "What a meager e3"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:38 am

M.Steiner
The conferences may be over (Nintendo aside) but the event itself hasn't actually started yet so I'm sure we'll get to see lots of other stuff (and more from some of the ones we've just seen), once the doors open. We usually do. So yeah, a little early to say that I would say :) (There were several other games I loved the look of too (Sunset Overdrive for example) which I haven't stuck in that list of videos yet as well.)

Sony's waffling aside and their segment of shit, I had a great evening last night. Sure I didn't get everything on my list, like I was really hoping to see Dishonored 2 show up and we've gone another year with no appearance from The Last Guardian (for <censored> sake!). On the whole though I'm happy with what we got to see last night and I'm looking forward to seeing some more during the week.

TW3 looked as stunning as ever (Dragon Age: Inqusition too) but it was the second gameplay demo for Assassin's Creed: Unity which really blew me away. Massive step up in the graphics/tech department by not being cross-gen this time and it shows. Awesome looking stealth mechanics, co-op looks like an interesting approach to missions (and I was a little thrown off/uninterested by it at first), gorgeous visuals and seeing that amount of NPCs onscreen at once and all seeming to react differently. Was really impressed by it.

Happy to have seen the announcement of the new Tomb Raider. I'll admit that the title (Rise of the Tomb Raider) is not very original but I kinda like it all the same. Fits well and they can hardly call it Tomb Raider 2, since it's not.
EA opening with the SW: Battlefront teaser and the surprise announcement of the Battlefield: Hardline beta starting right then and there was kinda awesome (looking forward to trying that out later today). Likewise with Ubisoft opening with Far Cry 4. I had hoped that Sony would step it up and open with The Last Guardian or something but it wasn't to be, sadly.

I got to see The Division in action, an earlyish look at the new Mirror's Edge (earlier than expected but I'm glad we got something) and Uncharted 4. Awesome trailer for MGSV, got the release date for TLOU PS4 I was waiting for (was expecting June but July is probably better since it's basically empty of game releases), GTAV FINALLY ANNOUNCED FOR CURRENT GEN CONSOLES AND PC!. About <censored> time.
(Borrowed this comparison image from GAF. Damn nice)

Arkham Knight looking amazing in action. That transisition from outside to inside with no loading was some impressive shit. Ubi's surprise this year was another highlight for me with Rainbow Six: Siege too.
Plus lots of other games I now have on my watch list which I didn't before: Bloodborne, Ori and the Blind Forest, Inside, Valiant Hearts etc.

Not to forget others like the Grim Fandango remake which I'm sure Anny will loose his shit over when he sees that. I always meant to play the original and I've only ever heard great things about it but I never seemed to get around to actually playing it. I'll make sure to buy this remake day one though. (Looks to be coming to other platforms besides PS4/Vita too).

Anyway..Happy with what I saw during the conferences and looking forward to seeing what else we get to see when E3 opens later today! :)

[Edit: Speaking of which]
Lords of the Fallen gameplay:
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/njji ... -live-demo

This wasn't shown during the conferences but inbetween them with GT.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:23 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
HOLY SHIT! Grim Fandango Remaster???? Sony wins E3. For all eternity. That's a dream come true for me - the only thing better would be a Curse of Monkey Island remaster :) I will buy a PS4 just for that if it doesn't come to PC.

That frankly AMAZING news aside, my thoughts overall now I've caught up on Sony.

I think Sony won, which surprises me since I was expecting Ubi to. I know not all of you will agree (can see MS' comments above for a start :) ), but hear me out on this.

Microsoft had a very good conference this year. Ditching Kinect helped them masses, and whilst I didn't feel all of the games spoke to me specifically (I'm sure Halo, CoD and Forza say a lot to their fanbases, but they're not really my kind of thing), they had a solid conference full of core games. I'm completely sold on Sunset Overdrive and really hope that comes to PC. Tomb Raider and Witcher 3 were fantastic inclusions, and likewise they're must buys for me. It was also great to see Crackdown back - I had so much fun with that on the 360 and am not happy I won't be able to play it.

EA....meh sums up my feelings best. The usual sports stuff which is generally unnecessary, padded by a couple of games that don't really speak to me and "behind the scenes" trailers for others. So basically, they don't have much anywhere near ready and it showed. I was very disappointed in them - for as big a publisher as they are, surely they must have had more to show than what they did!

Ubisoft managed to live up to its usual high standards. They have been clear winners for the last two years for me, and the why showed yet again. Farcry looked decent, as did AC (though the latter is getting very tired to me now - I'm tired of them putting the same thing out every year). Rainbow Six stole the show for them though. I will more than likely buy that - looked great!

Sony had a similar show to Microsoft. Their conference was very well put together (bar a bit of waffling in the middle), and they had a solid lineup of core games there. Again, not all of them spoke to me, but a higher percentage did than in MS' conference. Grim Fandango goes without saying, but on top of that both The Order 1886 and Bloodborne look superb. As, surprisingly, does No Man's Sky - that's likely to be a must buy for me. I really enjoyed their conference as a whole.

So, why do I think Sony won? Exclusives is the honest answer. The raft of exclusives, timed or not, that Sony announced far outstripped Microsoft. 90% of Microsoft's most impressive games were multi-platform, which doesn't give me much reason to choose Xbox One as a consumer - Sony's indy lineup alone has more exclusives than MS' entire conference showed. Ubisoft had great looking games, but they're not a platform holder and are therefore limited in what they announce to what they themselves produce. Sony had a better lineup, and gave me more reason than Microsoft to buy their console. I also want to play more games that Sony covered than any of the other conferences covered (though credit to MS here, as Grim Fandango aside the two games I want most are Tomb Raider and Witcher 3, which they had).

Overall, a pretty great E3. Roll on the demos tonight!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:57 pm

M.Steiner
BD & I knew you'd be happy with that announcement hehe ;D

You do make some very good points actually. The main appearances from MS' which I was interested in were all multiplatform titles, they just happened to be the ones showing them at their conference. Whilst Sunset Overdrive does look like a hell of a lot of fun (and I hope that comes to PC at some point too), Sony did have far more to show (and which interested me personally) which will be Playstation only experiences and at the end of the day that's why some of us pick one console over the other. I'll be playing TW3 on PC, same with Tomb Raider, AC: Unity, Dragons Age: Inquisition, Ori and the Blind Forest etc.

I did actually say this to BD when Sony's was airing:
@M-Steiner • Now if only they had jumped forward to this bit and skipped the bit before, we'd be doing rather well.
Having some guy chat away for half an hour or whatever at past 3am in the morning will have played a big part in my disappointment there. As the waffling aside I did like what they had to show. I was just very, very tired by that point and wanted him to shut up and show some games already lol. Thankfully they did for the last section :)

[Edit: Assassin's Creed fans have a read of this too btw: http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/gam ... index.aspx :thumb:]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:00 am

SL33PY
I wonder when the PS4 will have a price drop... also I got a pristine first gen fat 60GB PS3 with a 250GB HD anyone interested?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:05 am

SL33PY
Hey MS...
Invite your friends to join your Brotherhood, and for the first time, play seamless 2-4 player co-op in Assassin’s Creed Unity.
now that's something I'd love to do, playing ac with you guys :)

btw
Create or join a 4 team members to immediately get the Sabre of Honour first Reward. Redeem an Assassin’s Creed Unity game pre-order code with your teammates to unlock the ultimate reward, an exclusive in game mission!
right here

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:24 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SL33PY wrote:Hey MS...
Invite your friends to join your Brotherhood, and for the first time, play seamless 2-4 player co-op in Assassin’s Creed Unity.
now that's something I'd love to do, playing ac with you guys :)

btw
Create or join a 4 team members to immediately get the Sabre of Honour first Reward. Redeem an Assassin’s Creed Unity game pre-order code with your teammates to unlock the ultimate reward, an exclusive in game mission!
right here
It sounds like myself, MS and BD will all be getting it - so provided we're all on the same platform we will definitely have to sort out some MP between us :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:06 am

SL33PY
I'm looking at the pc version, also, why the <censored> can't these developers find a way to make it happen across platforms? :confused:

Return to “General Discussions”