That was so 5 years ago...

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

That was so 5 years ago...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:53 am

Inquisitor
So, I was browsing the bookfaces, and an ad for Star Trek Online appeared, new laptop, free to play, so I gave it a whirl.

Enjoying it immensely, very nice solo play, decent stories (if derivative), very Trek like, reminds me a lot of that game we all played by Microsoft (Freelancer) in its mechanics.

Anywho, drive by, allo, and all that, no idea how to find other people in the game, or if there are even other people still playing it :)

Seems like there is only one server, but can't really tell. My character's name is Denebrink
No signature

Re: That was so 5 years ago...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:32 pm

BlackDove
This is so 17 years ago.

By the guy that did Freelancer, plays a lot like Freelancer too. KBAM or Gamepad.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:48 pm

Inquisitor
Oh is it the same guy?

That explains it.
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:29 pm

BlackDove
It's what most of us are focused on right now and in the near future.

If you want to know more, hit up either MS or me in irc.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:30 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I played STO for a while in maybe late 2013/early 2014? Enjoyed it, but didn't find enough there to keep me there long term.

Glad someone else is enjoying though :) They've actually done a pretty decent job of the game I felt!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:18 am

Isileth
Yeah I played it initially when it first came out for a short time but then went back to it maybe 2 years or so ago, actually played it for quite a while.

Certainly had a lot of fun with it, does get a little repetitive, especially the ground missions. Although as ive never really been an mmo player I just went solo the whole time so maybe didn't get the best experience.

End of the day your flying round a spaceship shooting phasers and torpedos, it cant be the worst thing in the world.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:55 pm

Inquisitor
Isileth wrote:Yeah I played it initially when it first came out for a short time but then went back to it maybe 2 years or so ago, actually played it for quite a while.

Certainly had a lot of fun with it, does get a little repetitive, especially the ground missions. Although as ive never really been an mmo player I just went solo the whole time so maybe didn't get the best experience.

End of the day your flying round a spaceship shooting phasers and torpedos, it cant be the worst thing in the world.
Yeah, entirely solo so far except for things like the Borg alerts and patrol missions where random people happen to be in the zone. Its Freelancer with phasers.
No signature

Return to “General Discussions”