Things incoming for me

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Things incoming for me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:19 pm

SL33PY
Hey guys,

Just wanted to drop this tidbit with you. As some of you know I've been busy with evening classes learning how to repair cars. At the end of this school year I'll be a certified assistant mechanic. :thumb: Unfortunately two evenings of class a week is a bit too much for me, so next year I'll be cutting it down to one evening per week while I work on my Mechanic certification.

I was always fascinated with racing and just this week an opportunity arose that I can't ignore. Together with a guy that I know trough another guy together with yet another guy we'll be discussing on starting our own racing team this Thursday and I'm totally psyched :D

We'll be racing in the BMW Club Sport Trophy, an entrance level cup with races on Spa Francorchamps (B), Mettet (FR), Zolder (B) and Zandvoort (NL).

Currently I'm browsing the car sales sites looking for a good BMW 325 that I'll be prepping to drive in the cup myself! I do hope some of my classmates are willing to give me some hands for this project. I'm really REALLY looking forward to it and I'll be sharing more with you once I know more.

Next Thursday meeting 'check'

Re: Things incoming for me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:21 pm

M.Steiner
Ahh, so that's why you seemed to be very quiet on here this month and last :p

That sounds pretty awesome dude, it must be an incredibly exciting time for you atm!. Definitely share some more when you can ;D
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:20 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Niiiiiice mate - congrats! :)

This sounds like it'll be amazing fun for you, really hope it all comes together! Keep us updated :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:23 am

SL33PY
Well the first meeting has been a good one. The project will continue and we're investigating what kind of legal set up we're going to go with. It's all in the numbers of running a team and then deciding on what's best for our (and our sponsor's) wallet. Looking to get the best bang for our buck.

Seems like it's going to be a busy year again, since I still got to help out my wife with her company as well, next to full time work and playing a bit of EVE, there is not much time left for other funzies.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:56 am

BlackDove
As long as it's going forward, regardless of how.

Good stuff.

Return to “General Discussions”