THE SL33PY CHALLENGE...

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

THE SL33PY CHALLENGE...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:00 am

NF
Arbiter
Cheers Sl33py and hey everyone, LTNS.

You are quite right it has been far too long since my last visit. Life just got a little less forgiving towards gaming time.. Surprisingly though a small addition to the family back in January has actually given me more time for gaming (less work travel, more sofa squatting to the wee small hours) so I'll see if I can drop in a few games with the SSX crowd at some point soon.

Will be interesting to see who else answer the call...
NF

Re: You rang?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:13 am

SL33PY
I also rang because both Anubis and M.Steiner have put in massive amounts of work to revamp not only the forum look & feel, but also our main page. Furthermore posting youtube vids regularly, mostly of Star Citizen at this time.

I've had some trouble setting up for twitch streaming and apparently my upload qual for twitch is a bit on the down side (no idea why). Once I get that sorted I'll be streaming more EVE Online vids on twitch hanging out with the space bro's.

I'm very happy to see that you took the time to post something and I hope to see you more. We also got our movie/tv series thread so if Anime isn't your thing you can check those threads out as well.

-SL33PY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:27 am

NF
Arbiter
Not sure what software you're using for Twitch but I find Xsplit the most straightforward and the free version still allows a decent vid quality.
NF

The Sl33py Challenge..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:12 am

NF
Arbiter
I'm downloading MWO now but I'm going to be dependant on how well it runs on my gaming laptop rather than my main rig (which is boxed up at mo as my study got turned in to a nursery :shake:). I do/did have an Eve and SWTOR accounts but I must admit they didn't hold my attention so I'm not sure I'll end up dropping back in to them. I also went the Elite route rather than Star Citizen..

With that all said I'm determined to take Sl33py up on his challenge to get back involved one way or another.. as a result I thought it might be worth listing what I am playing at moment so that anyone else returning to the boards who is in the same boat as me with the current roster can see if there is any other common ground. So here goes:

* King of fighters XIII (I'm loving the 2D fighters at the moment)
* League of Legends (Yeah the community sucks but damn the game is addictive)
* Infinity Wars (recently started on this as a MTG replacement as I refuse to re-buy all my cards again in digital form)
* Tabletop Simulator (Classic board games fun)
* Dawn of War (first one with the Ultimate Apocalypse mod which seriously rocks)

There's a huge number of games that I would happily get back in to given the opportunity but I get the feeling that their time might be done.. (i.e. L4D2, LOTRO, Civ4/5, XCom, War Thunder, Borderlands 1/2 etc..) Feel free to prove me wrong.
NF

Re: The Sl33py Challenge..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:57 am

BlackDove
NF wrote:I also went the Elite route rather than Star Citizen..
An unfortunate mistake.

Let us know when you turn that around.

Re: The Sl33py Challenge..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:22 pm

NF
Arbiter
BlackDove wrote:
NF wrote:I also went the Elite route rather than Star Citizen..
An unfortunate mistake.

Let us know when you turn that around.
hehe, we'll see.. lets see if the pay check fairy leaves me a little spare this month.
NF

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:26 pm

M.Steiner
SL33PY wrote:Furthermore posting youtube vids regularly, mostly of Star Citizen at this time.
Aye, mostly SC atm since I've been playing a lot of that this month and will (hopefully) be our next big group.
Lots of other games out this month though so I'll see if I can record some stuff from those as well. Thinking: Cities: Skylines, the FFXV Demo, Ori and the Blind Forest & Bloodborne. Will see :)

Also really nice to see you, NF!. Would be great to have you with us in SC too when you're able. The more the merrier :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: THE SL33PY CHALLENGE...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:32 pm

Zephir
I can't play anything requiring a half decent graphics card, my Radeon HD 7790 had a meltdown and I'm reduced to using the integrated Intel HD4000 chipset
"You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese." - Spaced (1999)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:32 am

Wolfman
Good to hear from you NF! I would like to try out Star Citizen, but my computer is a little too old for it. I'm hoping I'll be able to pick up a new computer sometime soon and give it a try. I think I might be able to get MWO going though.

I have been playing Destiny on Xbox One if anyone ever plays that?
Wolfman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:49 am

undrin
Ok ok, I haven't been on in a long time either, dang annoying messages lol. It worked,I am no longer playing mmos, though I still play a few games on my XBOX 1 a few times a month and wouldnt mind meeting up once in awhile.
Xbox One: Auravil come and visit sometime!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:49 pm

NF
Arbiter
Wolfman wrote:Good to hear from you NF! I would like to try out Star Citizen, but my computer is a little too old for it. I'm hoping I'll be able to pick up a new computer sometime soon and give it a try. I think I might be able to get MWO going though.

I have been playing Destiny on Xbox One if anyone ever plays that?
Hey Wolfie, great to see you still knocking about. Haven't got an XBOX unfortunately but MWO is now downloaded and ready to go so let me know if you're giving it a try at any point (subject to the daughter letting me have some time to myself anyway!)
NF

Return to “General Discussions”