eXiles Origins

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

eXiles Origins

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:41 pm

esd
How'd you end up here? Do you remember getting recruited? Or did you get curious and seek us out?

I was flying in Freespace 2 when Blackdove prodded me and suggested I check out the SSC site, so I did, ended up talking with Inquisitor in IRC. Didn't take long 'til I put on the tags and started flying regularly with BD, QD, Lightspeed, Cheetah & Sahd. That was a lot of years ago - the PXO lobby was still alive and we were still flying Squad Wars.

How about you?
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

Re: eXiles Origins

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:56 pm

M.Steiner
Back in Neocron myself, Riccko & Cyma were looking to shut up shop (from the little clan we had) and join another clan together. Quite hard trying to build a clan up from scratch and we wanted to meet new people and see more of the game so we thought we'd offer our services to another group instead and stay together.
I started looking around for us and the SSC were very prominent in the game (and some of its members among the NC community) at the time so they were kinda hard to miss heh. I frequently used to go hunting between Chester & Emmerson too - 2 outposts which were almost always held by the SSC. Always seeing their name around the place.
I approached both Sam & BD and after a little more research (reading up on the ideals etc) realised they were actually very similar to us and a perfect fit really. I learned that they were in need of PPUs at the time (healers) so I offered my help and respecced one of my alts (Maester Seymour who was previously my brothers character before he quit the game) to a PPU. So the three of us joined up, the PPU remained my main character throughout the rest of my time in NC and "MS" is the nickname I have gone by ever since. I'm still here :)

I seem to have it in my head that I joined around a year before the split, so I'll put that as Sep 2003. No way to check though.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:42 pm

enlightened
I remember being recruited quite a while back in the WoW-EU guild. I used to play regularly with a friend 'Mystiq' and sometimes grouped with QuantumDelta. Eventually ended up writing a small post and was invited by Inquisitor.
Time really passes by quickly :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:58 pm

NF
Arbiter
Back in the day I was playing in the Zone (MSN Zone I think) as Fury and bumped into the SSC crew playing Mechwarrior. Think it was Rock who invited me to join (but could have also have been Messiah or Killjoy.. lol.. my memory sucks). As most of the gang were US based I spent many, many late nights playing MW and was eventually re-christened NightFury as apparently I never seemed to sleep.. which was true..
NF

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:05 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Wow, long time ago now but:

Back in January 2004 I'd somehow stumbled across a little game called Freespace 2, which I think was the first online game I played after my CoD1 phase died down. Don't really remember how I found it, but I suppose that doesn't matter. After beating and loving the SP campaign, I decided to give the MP a go, and I think it was only my second or third game when I ended up playing with a guy named StormRider. We played a couple of games together, and he then asked me if I had any interest in joining a clan, and pointed me in the direction of the SSC website should I want to find out more.

So I read up on the website, and applied. I think it was esd and Lighty that were my two vouches after I played a little with them too - can you remember if that's right esd? I do vividly remember sticking around for a couple of weeks though, and then getting a dreadful set of mock exam results back and realising I needed to focus more on my GCSEs than gaming :lol: So I then basically vanished for about six months and came back around June then volunteered to redevelop the FS2 group website with (at the time) absolutely no skill to back up the idea - the rest is history.

I always find it ironic and a real shame that I found this place through FS2, and (ignoring my brief January stint - so counting from June) yet I only had about 2 months with the SSC before PXO died. So I really played so little with the group that was my only real interest in the community at the time. Yet somehow I've stuck around here for over 11 years now - go figure!!!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:31 pm

Whizbang
Long long time ago, back in the MW3/4 days, I used to play in some planetary leagues. When MW4 came out there were a group of people (MaxGaming.net) trying to build a new planetary league and I was one of the people trying to help it along through active participation and feedback. That was when I was hanging around with jrah, Inquisitor, and some others who's names escape me. Ultimately the league failed to materialize for whatever reasons and everyone went their ways.

Edit: Here's the original post from way back in mid-2009

Fast forward to the years of CN and joining the Browncoats, where I met Kahn. After some time and a few alliances later, I made my way to the SSX forums where I signed up and have been here ever since.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:25 pm

Cyma
Exactly what MS said :P

Back in the good old Neocron time :) We found this wonderful home that (even if I don't come often), we are still member of :)
Huh?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:27 pm

SL33PY
Back in good ol Neocron QD got me into the SSC I had my name and reputation already in game, but was with Tangent Technologies until my buddies there decided to move on.

QD got me into SSC and while I was there I started working for Reakktor. My game time went down as work got me occupied for most of the time. During that spell all the drama happened and I didn't really catch much of it. QD went SSX and thus so did I.

After that period came a long time of nothing since I wasn't into WoW and passed NC. Around 2009 I returned to play Eve Online. I've been doing that since.

- SL33PY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:55 am

Rock-n-Roll
Back in the late 90's I joined playing a little game called Freespace. Usually played with SSC-Knight, Sephiroth, Skers, Mustang, LoneStar, WaterStar, Quiz, KJ...etc,etc.

Formed the original SSC MW3 division along with Messiah, NF, Wolfman, Quiz, KJ, et al.

Left with the MW3 division due to artistic differences.

Eventually made it back into the fold just prior to the split with SSC.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:13 am

Ozone
Wow, had to think here. Was back with the Beta of Dark Horizons where I ran with a few who mentioned this place (looking at ESD and Quiz). Jumped in and started chatting but wasn't overly active. Eventually became quite involved with the SSX EU-WOW crew for a couple of years and had a blast.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:28 am

Kon
I joined back in November of 2002 through the Freespace 2 division of SSC. I had gotten broadband internet around that time, and myself and a few RL friends decided to go online with the game. Their interest faded fairly quickly, and our 3-man squad collapsed after maybe a week.

I used to play every day after school, and my first introduction to SSC was when people started asking me if I was SL33PY. This is because I started using his avatar. At the time, I didn't know that all of the non-standard avatars available had been downloaded from other people I played with.

Due to my play schedule, I initially spent most of my time playing with the DW folks. It was actually through Gladiator and Tepa that I met SSC members like Lightspeed, Ash, and QD.

Despite knowing more people in DW, I became attracted to SSC because of the ideals. SSC felt like a community with a vision of how online gaming should be fun for everyone, not just another "clan" of people who wanted to be "the best."

All those years later, it's those same ideals which make this place feel like my internet home. I'm proud to have spent the last 13 years playing under the banner of the Shattered Star, and I hope someone is still doing the same another 13 years from now.

I'd like to thank everyone who's currently working so hard to help write a new chapter for this place, and I can't wait to dig into Star Citizen and get playing with you all again soon.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:28 am

SL33PY
I used to play every day after school, and my first introduction to SSC was when people started asking me if I was SL33PY. This is because I started using his avatar. At the time, I didn't know that all of the non-standard avatars available had been downloaded from other people I played with.
Lol, didn't know that :D (-or I just forgot about it due to old age-)

Return to “General Discussions”