My duino? Your duino? Arduino!

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

My duino? Your duino? Arduino!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:49 pm

esd
Anyone else? Got mine last week, bit tricky getting a chance to do anything with it - been largely research so far, tho did get a servo shifting to a set position when you press a button and have lit some LEDs and stuff - hoping to ultimately run a bunch of servos off it for some basic animatronics. The Boy is finding it fascinating, and happily assembled a little circuit with batteries, a push-button, a resister and LED, he's also been watching tutorial vids with me and I think he may be understanding it!

So is anyone else playing with Arduinos, Pis or other micro-controllers?
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

Re: My duino? Your duino? Arduino!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:33 am

Ozone
I've been on the fence on this. Have had my hand hovering over the 'buy' button more than once. Keep delaying as I don't have enough hours in the day as it is, if I get one of those I mat have to quit my job to sit at home and tinker obsessively.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:49 am

esd
I picked up a starter pack on Amazon for about £30, bunch of LEDs, resisters, buttons, a servo, a stepper motor and controller board, and an Arduino UNO R3 clone. I've since ordered 600 more resisters (it was about £3!), 50 RGB LEDs (again, £3), some shift registers, transisters, battery cases, switches and jumper cables. And servos. And a set of helping hands. And a solder sucker. Oh and some motors.

And a multimeter.

*ahem*
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:08 am

Zephir
I have one.

It's not used for experimenting with though, it's part of a device created by some resourceful Brits to provide head tracking when playing Elite Dangerous.

https://edtracker.org.uk/

Zeph.
"You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese." - Spaced (1999)

Return to “General Discussions”