I did a silly thing

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

I did a silly thing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:48 am

Ozone
I rarely spend any money on myself anymore, but then I saw these Square Enix Star Wars figures. Went and ordered Fett and the Stormtrooper. Can't find a Vader for sale for the life of me (at least for under $200).

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/if-squ ... 0-6426256/
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Re: I did a silly thing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:51 am

esd
Hopefully you didn't press "buy" twice!

The trooper looks a little odd...
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:03 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
This, I can definitely relate to. Mainly because I desperately want to buy these at some point when I get room and money:

https://iwokeuplaughing.wordpress.com/2 ... a-statues/
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:44 pm

M.Steiner
Nice!
Do you collect figures, Oz? or just a one off with the SW ones? :)
I'm a sucker for figurines & statues myself. I don't have a display case or anything like some but I have them all over this room, basically anywhere I can find a space lol. Here are some of mine:
Final Fantasy VII: AC
These are my favourite out of everything. I only had the Cloud statue for a long time which I managed to buy brand brand new at the time. Sephiroth sold out now long after I got him though (couldn't afford both) and was absolutely gutted. I did eventually manage to find a second hand Sephi on ebay in mint condition though but it took me several years before I had them both to complete the set as they are extremely hard to find now. (They're made of Polystone).

BioShock Infinite
Image Image
Songbird came with the Collectors Edition of Infinite. The other was from the Irrational Store and was a limited edition of 1000.

Hitman
Last game was a bag of shite but couldn't resist this guy.

Fullmetal Alchemist
This one's a (RAH) figure rather than a statue. Proper clothing and everything :p

Assassin's Creed III
Freedom Edition of the game.

The Witcher 2
Came with the Collector's Edition.

The Witcher 3
Collector's Edition of TW3. Made of Polystone like the FFVII statues.

Solid Snake
:D

Got a couple of others like a Big Daddy figurine (CE of BioShock) & a Totoro but those are the main ones.
Anubis wrote:This, I can definitely relate to. Mainly because I desperately want to buy these at some point when I get room and money:
https://iwokeuplaughing.wordpress.com/2 ... a-statues/
If you have the money and you happen to see one you'd like I would put a bid in mate. Just stick the box in storage somewhere safe (loft, cupboard, under a bed etc) until you have room to put it out on display or whatever. They're like my statues of Cloud & Sephi (which the guy in that photo appears to have too, just out of frame to the top far left :D) in which they were limited to begin with and the only way to buy them now is second hand. Speaking from experience with Sephi I'd say they're only going to get harder and harder to find. Even more so since you'll probably want a UK/EU seller too otherwise you're gonna have crazy customs fees as well :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:27 pm

Ozone
M.Steiner wrote:Nice!
Do you collect figures, Oz? or just a one off with the SW ones?
Not really. I used to but with intercontinental moves and such I stopped long ago. I thought they'd look great in an empty space on computer room shelves. They'll be sharing space with an assembled Lego Millenium Falcon, an 18" Enterprise, a small working trebuchet, and a 'My Little Cthulhu' figure.

I was going to grab a Witcher figure but by the time I got around to ordering they weren't available anymore.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:57 am

Ozone
Zombie Rez.

I'm in my mid 40's, so the last star wars figures I had were something like exactly like they were this...

All current orders have now arrived. Hard to see the incredible detail in this photo. These look f*&^in great on the mantle.

If I had these as a kid I would have died from orgasm before I even knew what one was...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:18 am

Whizbang
Funny how the toys from our youth were so much more simplistic compared to what they are today. It's like Linkin' Logs and Construx. I remember all my old Star Wars figures and G.I. Joe figures.....nothing like what you see today.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:49 pm

M.Steiner
The Stormtrooper helmet looks incredibly detailed, even in that pic! :) (the bottom pic that is hehe)

I've actually got 2 statue figures pre-ordered. First is out in Oct, the other Feb iirc. Will post pics when they arrive :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:34 pm

M.Steiner
M.Steiner wrote:I've actually got 2 statue figures pre-ordered. First is out in Oct, the other Feb iirc. Will post pics when they arrive :D
As promised ;)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Few more pics here.

Edit: For those who didn't know, it is Guts from Berserk (manga/anime)

Return to “General Discussions”