Now that E3 is over, what does your lineup look like for the rest of the year?

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Now that E3 is over, what does your lineup look like for the rest of the year?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:26 pm

M.Steiner
I haven't included kickstarter games in my list (like Mighty No. 9 and Torment) or 2015 assumed games which have yet to be given a release date (like Persona 5) but for me:
  • JUNE
    [*]Batman: Arkham Knight (PC)
  • JULY
    [*]Nothing
  • AUGUST
    [*]Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4)
    [*]Until Dawn (PS4)
    [*]American Truck Simulator (PC)
  • SEPTEMBER
    [*]Mad Max (PC)
    [*]Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PC)
    [*]SOMA (PC)
  • OCTOBER
    [*]Rock Band 4 (PS4)
    [*]Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)
    [*]Rainbow Six Siege (PC)
    [*]Tales of Zestiria (PS4)
    [*]Guitar Hero Live (PS4)
    [*]Assassin's Creed Syndicate (PC)
  • NOVEMBER
    [*]Anno 2205 (PC)
    [*]Fallout 4 (PC)
    [*]Star Wars Battlefront (PC)
    [*]XCOM 2 (PC)
  • DECEMBER
    [*]Just Cause 3 (PC)
    [*]Hitman (PC)
I won't be getting all of these day one ofc (especially Rock Band 4 given the outrageous price over here) but these are what I'll be looking to pick up. MGSV: The Phantom Pain, Hitman, Fallout 4, Until Dawn & AC Syndicate are the ones I'm most looking forward to atm I would say. That being said, I'm still super excited for XCOM 2, the new Anno game etc.

What does your lineup look like now? and which would you say are your most anticipated? :) - There's a list to help you over here.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Now that E3 is over, what does your lineup look like for the rest of the year?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:55 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
So, this doesn't count the games that I already own that I haven't played yet - namely Witcher 3, Remember Me, Pillars of Eternity, Assassins Creed Rogue, Wolfenstein New Order.

So those will mostly all be played first, but here's what else I'll be buying:
  • JUNE
    [*]Batman: Arkham Knight (PC)
  • JULY
    [*]Life is Strange Episode 4 (PC) - subject to release
  • AUGUST
    [*]Nothing
  • SEPTEMBER
    [*]Nothing
  • OCTOBER
    [*]Assassin's Creed Syndicate (PC) - subject to PC release
    [*]Star Wars The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire (PC)
    [*]Life is Strange Episode 5 (PC) - subject to release
  • NOVEMBER
    [*]Fallout 4 (PC) - maybe...
    [*]Star Wars Battlefront (PC) - probably...
  • DECEMBER
    [*]Just Cause 3 (PC)
    [*]Hitman (PC) - If it convinces me
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: Now that E3 is over, what does your lineup look like for the rest of the year?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:33 am

Ozone
I'll probably pick up nothing in 2015 as I'll probably be fighting all year to get a solid hour of Elder Scrolls in without a crash.

But, if I do decide to go with anything it'll be Star Wars BF and Fallout 4, of course.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:16 am

SL33PY
Fallout 4 that makes two games in one year

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:53 pm

M.Steiner
SL33PY wrote:Fallout 4 that makes two games in one year
Exciting times :p

Hmm..
  • What about XCOM 2? You liked XCOM: Enemy Unknown, right? That was one of the best game releases of 2012. Well, XCOM 2 is the sequel to it. (Not to be confused with The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, that was pretty bad and was also by different developers.)
  • No Arkham Knight next week? You've played both Arkham Asylum & City?
  • Anno 2205? I know Ubi are on your "shitlist" but does that include Blue Byte? The Anno games have never disappointed.
  • Not gonna give Hitman a go? Absolution was a terrible game but that should never have been called Hitman in the first place. The new one is returning to its roots though and what made the Hitman games so great. Huge sandbox levels, freedom of approach, no silly checkpoint system, lots of disguises & environmental accidents plus it will be frequently updated with new missions and locations etc. I was hugely disappointed (and pissed off) with Absolution but the new (reboot?) sounds extremely promising and just what us Hitman fans have been asking for.
Just a few I can think of off the top of my head.
You've skipped a lot of other great releases this year too so there could be some other titles there you may like as well. Cities: Skylines for one as I've recommended before. You should buy that before the Steam sale is over ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:59 pm

SL33PY
What about XCOM 2? You liked XCOM: Enemy Unknown, right? That was one of the best game releases of 2012. Well, XCOM 2 is the sequel to it. (Not to be confused with The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, that was pretty bad and was also by different developers.)
Didn't finish the original XCom, lost interest before the finale.
No Arkham Knight next week? You've played both Arkham Asylum & City?
I never bought Arkham games at release time. I'll wait it out until prizes drop, it's not an absolute must have for me at this time
Anno 2205? I know Ubi are on your "shitlist" but does that include Blue Byte? The Anno games have never disappointed.
I played 2070 and I'm sorry but after a while, the game fails to deliver more engagement. Doing the same stuff level after level, with no decent story unraveling, just doesn't do it for me.
Not gonna give Hitman a go? Absolution was a terrible game but that should never have been called Hitman in the first place. The new one is returning to its roots though and what made the Hitman games so great. Huge sandbox levels, freedom of approach, no silly checkpoint system, lots of disguises & environmental accidents plus it will be frequently updated with new missions and locations etc. I was hugely disappointed (and pissed off) with Absolution but the new (reboot?) sounds extremely promising and just what us Hitman fans have been asking for.
I'm still on the fence with Hitman, absolution was so bad I didn't even finish the second or third mission. I'll probable wait out as with arkham till the prices drop.
Just a few I can think of off the top of my head.
You've skipped a lot of other great releases this year too so there could be some other titles there you may like as well. Cities: Skylines for one as I've recommended before. You should buy that before the Steam sale is over ;)
I bought two things on the steam sale, a multi monitor managing software for €5 (DisplayFusion) and a game that got me interested because you posted a tube of it. (Invisble Inc)

Fallout 4 is the only other release day game that I MUST have. Everything else just doesn't make the cut. I also haven't got plenty of time left due to real life. The time that I have to play games is largely consumed by Eve Online and fully consumed when adding one or two excellent single player experiences a year. I actually didn't think I'd be buying a second game this year, The Witcher 3 was the sole entry for a long time. So without irony I can say, that for me these are exciting times. I'll have ample time to finish The Witcher 3 and for the second half of the year I'll have Fallout 4 to dump my spare time in.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:37 pm

M.Steiner
SL33PY wrote:I never bought Arkham games at release time. I'll wait it out until prizes drop, it's not an absolute must have for me at this time
I'd recommend other PC users wait too. Not necessarily until the prices drop (as I had no problem paying full price for Asylum & City as both were worth it imo), but until they patch it - Batman: Arkham Knight is having all sorts of issues on PC.
Disappointing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:38 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:
SL33PY wrote:I never bought Arkham games at release time. I'll wait it out until prizes drop, it's not an absolute must have for me at this time
I'd recommend other PC users wait too. Not necessarily until the prices drop (as I had no problem paying full price for Asylum & City as both were worth it imo), but until they patch it - Batman: Arkham Knight is having all sorts of issues on PC.
Disappointing.
Feel bad for everyone trying to play :(

Got my copy, but glad my PC isn't ready yet now. Witcher 3 first, when my machine can handle it, methinks!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:08 am

SL33PY
Just finished Witcher 3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:11 am

M.Steiner
Post your thoughts & ending in the Witcher 3 thread? ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:15 pm

Kon
My computer is having trouble running recent releases now, and I'm holding out before I retire this machine. That said, I'm still pumped for a number of games coming out this year:

Fallout 4
Rainbow Six: Siege
Just Cause 3
Fire Emblem: Fates (3DS)
Hyrule Warriors: Legends (3DS)
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Shadowrun: Hong Kong

As well as the completion of episodic games Dreamfall Chapters and Life is Strange.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Return to “General Discussions”