2016 release discussion

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

2016 release discussion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:51 pm

M.Steiner
This doesn't fit in the 2015 thread so killing two birds with one stone :p

Rise of the Tomb Raider has now been confirmed to be coming to PC early 2016 via Steam.
PlayStation 4 players on the other hand will have to wait a while longer however as it won't be seen on PS4 until Holiday 2016. Seems it has a full years console exclusivity on Xbone.
- Source

-----------------
MY MOST ANTICIPATED TITLES FOR 2016
  • [*]The Last Guardian
    [*]Dishonored 2
    [*]Dark Souls III
    [*]Hitman
    [*]Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    [*]Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
    [*]Firewatch
    [*]Planet Coaster
    [*]The Tomorrow Children
    [*]Persona 5
    [*]Final Fantasy XV
    [*]Rise of the Tomb Raider
    [*]Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
    [*]Mafia III
    [*]Horizon: Zero Dawn
    [*]Overwatch
    [*]Ghost Recon: Wildlands
    [*]XCOM 2
    [*]The Division
    [*]No Man's Sky
    [*]Ratchet & Clank
    [*]The Witness
    [*]Unravel
    [*]Day of the Tentacle Remastered[/b][/color]
Hoping Ni No Kuni 2 is a 2016 release too but I'm guessing 2017.
A LOT of big titles there to look forward to anyway hehe. Which titles are you guys most excited for? :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: 2016 release discussion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:49 am

SL33PY
  • Mafia 3 : Maybe, depends on execution
  • Deus Ex
  • Fallout 4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:35 am

M.Steiner
SL33PY wrote:
  • Fallout 4
Guessing you made a typo but incase not - This is a 2015 release and out in just 5 weeks btw. Nov 10th ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:38 am

SL33PY
yeah... I thought I had it preorderd, but I'm wrong.. it's xcom 2 that I have pre ordered

that's 2016

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:28 pm

M.Steiner
Discord wrote:2:07 PM - M.Steiner · Hmm http://www.fudzilla.com/news/games/3956 ... ce-bundled
Rise of the Tomb Raider bundled with Geforce
From January 7 2016 After successful holiday sales, Nvidia wants to boost its January bottom line with a Rise of the Tomb Raider bundle for selected G...
2:09 PM - M.Steiner · You'd think if it was launching on the 7th they've had announced that by now but who knows. Cheap copies either way :p
Could be a code to download it once it's released later this month I guess, rather than the 7th? Haven't seen any marketing for it yet either if it's supposed to release in less than a week. Would love it to release next week though :)

I got a dirt cheap copy of MGSV on release due to it being bundled with Nvidia cards. Infact I paid less for my copy on release than what it currently is in the Steam sale. Will be doing that again lol.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:17 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Thanks bud, will keep an eye on that!

I'm still hoping they do a boxed release, but the longer Amazon take to put an entry up for that the less convinced I am they will :(
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:18 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Thanks bud, will keep an eye on that!

I'm still hoping they do a boxed release, but the longer Amazon take to put an entry up for that the less convinced I am they will :(
Will let ya know if I spot any listings anywhere :)

If you end up going digital, CDKeys have it for £19.94 (with an account & using the 5% discount code you can get from their FB page) but Nvidia codes from those selling them may end up being cheaper from Thursday onwards, not sure. It'll likely be 40 quid on Steam for us. [Edit: Yep, £39.99]
I've only ever bought from them twice (mostly used GMG and Funstock Digital) but I haven't had any probs with em.

The release date has just been announced too (along with a collector's edition) Jan 28th ;)
http://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/596/square-enix-and-crystal-dynamics-announce-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-rele wrote:The PC version of Rise of the Tomb Raider will be available as a digital download via Steam®, the Windows Store, Amazon™, the Square Enix e-store and other major retailers – both in-store and online. Standard edition pricing is $59.99. The Digital Deluxe edition is $89.99 and includes a Season Pass to nearly all current and future DLC.

A Collector’s Edition, which includes the Digital Deluxe version of the game, a 12-inch Lara Croft® statue, replicas of Lara’s journal and jade necklace, and a steel case, will also be available from the Square Enix e-store for $149.99.
CE sounds to be the same as the Xbone version: Screenies:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:46 pm

M.Steiner
So, we're only a couple weeks into the year so far so we haven't really seen many new releases yet. There are quite a few to look out for in the next few weeks though. What have you guys got your eyes on? :)
  • RELEASING IN THE NEXT 4 WEEKS
  • Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster
  • Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak
  • Lego Marvel's Avengers
  • The Witness
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Tales of Symphonia HD
  • American Truck Simulator
  • XCOM 2
  • Gravity Rush Remastered
  • Firewatch
  • Unravel
  • Mighty No. 9
Day one for me will be: Rise of the Tomb Raider, XCOM 2 & Firewatch. I'm looking forward to these 3 the most so those will be definite day ones for me. Be sure to give Firewatch a look if you haven't before!
(Also The Division beta in 2 weeks which I intend to try!)

Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster, The Witness, American Truck Simulator, Gravity Rush Remastered & Unravel will be a must for me too, but not at release. I backed Mighty No. 9 on Kickstarter so I'll get that at release too, just not in any rush to play it just yet.
I wouldn't normally have touched American Truck Simulator but the EU Truck Sim was pretty great with a steering wheel (fun to watch Lirik play too!). Already played & loved Gravity Rush on the vita so a remaster of that for the PS4 will be very nice to have, and Unravel has always caught my attention when I've seen it demo'd.

Looks like we're in for another good year of gaming looking at the full (what there is of it so far) 2016 lineup! :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:29 am

Anubis
Site Admin
I'm not overly stoked for masses tbh...most of my long awaited releases were last year and I'm feeling the hole a little. I think Arkham Knight will be my GOTY since I've only just got to it, and that released last years - says it all about my opinions on the current line up for this year haha!

But those few that I am following are probably:
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Deus Ex Mankind Divided
  • Mafia 3
  • DOTT Remastered
  • Final Fantasy 9 (PC)
  • Just Cause 3
Also there's this lot that I already have in my backlog and I still need to play...
  • Remember Me
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void
  • Wolfenstein The New Order
  • Assassins Creed Rogue
  • Dreamfall Chapters
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • Tales of the Borderlands
I also want to replay:
  • Arkham Asylum/City (thanks to how awesome Knight has been)
  • FF8 (it's about due)
  • Max Payne 2 (WAY overdue)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:55 am

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:But those few that I am following are probably:
  • Just Cause 3
JC3 actually released last year so you'll be moving that to your backlog if you intend on playing it! ;)

I decided not to get it myself. It did look fun and very pretty too but since I usually found myself getting bored with the first 2 games, I figured the third would be no different so I decided to skip it. There was never any story there to hold my interest or feel like there was a purpose to anything I was doing and whilst there was fun to be had in there (as part of the mindless sandbox it is), I quickly grew tired of em. Honestly didn't enjoy watching Lirik play it either for the same reason, just came across as explosion after explosion with little to no substance. You'll have to let us know if you find it any different should you pick it up though. Maybe there was more to 3 than the first 2 games, and what I saw :thumb:

My lineup has changed slightly since I last posted but the next (new releases for Feb) games I'll be playing will probably be:
  • Firewatch - Have a read of this review if you haven't already. I was already excited for it as you know but this has helped cement my hype, think it's going to be pretty special.
  • Unravel - I have a gameplay vid on YouTube for the first 2 levels of this.
  • Layers of Fear
  • Stardew Valley
Plus the Hitman beta. Backlog wise, I've got quite a few... I've still not played Alien: Isolation from 2014 for example lol. Gonna move Arkham Knight up the list given your praise for it though, planning to fit that in amongst the Feb releases if I can :)

April is the month I'm most looking forward to atm; Dark Souls 3, Ratchet & Clank, Mafia 3 & Uncharted 4 (whose UK release is also my birthday heh). Still a lot of games we don't have dates for yet though!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:50 pm

M.Steiner
Quantum Break coming to Windows 10 on April 5th alongside the Xbox One version!

They've yet to really sell me on the game (other than some of its cast & visuals) but I've liked all their other games so I'll at least give it a try. Those who pre-order the digital version on XO get a free copy of the PC version too (with cross-save support), as well as Alan Wake’s American Nightmare. Pretty cool :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:45 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Looks like Quantum Break is going Windows 10 only though, so I'm unlikely to play it :(

And Just Cause 3 is still on my following list because I haven't bought it yet, unlike everything in my backlog :)

Likely to start ROTTR in about a week! I finished Arkham Knight last night and need a break before starting something new I think. Beyond gutted Rocksteady have bowed out of that franchise :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:33 pm

M.Steiner
Aye, Quantum Break will require Windows 10 and will only be available from the Windows Store too apparently. I would have preferred a Steam release as well but if selling it exclusively via their store means we get a PC release too, then I'd rather that than not get it on this platform at all.

As for not being able to play it due to Windows 10. Why not upgrade whilst it's still free? :)
I upgraded last summer and it only took half an hour to update and have me up & running again. Did it on my brothers PC not long after too and neither of us have had any issues during or since. Didn't reformat either.

Also, ya never know. Rocksteady may decide to return to Arkham again at some point in the future. Right now though I'm not really sure what else they could do with the series in terms of building on what they've already done, without them just being "more of the same" or whatever, or some kind of spin-off. I'd quite like to see them do something completely different next too tbh, will be interesting to see what they may be!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:44 pm

M.Steiner
Thought I'd draw your attentions to this little title called ABZÛ:
This is the first title from a new indie studio called Giant Squid and a game that had managed to fly under my radar up until just recently, I expect it has for most of you as well? The first impression I got from the trailer was that it came across very much so as an underwater "Journey" type game, which wasn't at all surprising when I then went on to learn that their studio founder & creator of ABZÛ was actually the art director on Journey too (same too for its composer).
This looks absolutely stunning though & now has my full attention, needless to say. Tbh, if this is anywhere near of an emotional and thought-provoking experience as Journey was, we could have a really special game here. We shall have to see but I hope so!

It is coming to PS4 & PC on Aug 2nd, so a little over a week away ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:30 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I hadn't heard of that at all myself, no. Trailer looks interesting...

Thanks for the heads up mate, think I might look into that a bit more in a few days time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:03 am

M.Steiner
Lots of info here mate :thumb:

and here's the first 13 minutes:
Not gonna watch it myself as I've seen enough.

The lineup for August is looking great. Will be getting ABZÛ, Bound & the new Deus Ex day one, & will see what the reviews are like for Telltale's Batman series (ep1) and No Man's Sky whilst I'm playing those methinks :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:40 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I'm still waiting in vain hope for a boxed copy of Deus Ex, but I think that hope is all but extinguished.

And I have my eye on the Telltale Batman game too, but I'm not completely sure I'll play it yet. Arkham is pretty definitive as far as Batman goes for me, and I'm not sure I want that image spoiling :(

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:14 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:I'm still waiting in vain hope for a boxed copy of Deus Ex, but I think that hope is all but extinguished.
Did you check the link I gave you during E3?

This one: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/uk/pro ... edition-pc
The Square Enix store has 2 listings - "PC" and "PC Download". The product image for the latter has a Steam logo whilst the former has DVD-ROM

There is (what appears to be) your boxed copy :thumb:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:19 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Oh, yes, that one I know about. I meant more that I was waiting for either Amazon or GAME to get hold of it :)

I think I may end up having to go via the SE store route, which is frustrating as the price is more than I'd pay elsewhere, but it is what it is sadly :(

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:11 pm

M.Steiner
At this point I'm thinking the boxed copy must be exclusive to the SE store as I haven't been able to find a DVD-ROM listing for sale anywhere else. Amazon and GAME have listings for one but they removed any option to pre-order them, and with only a few weeks until release I'm pretty sure it would be readily available for pre-order from several other retailers if any of them were going to be stocking it. It's not ideal but when digital only releases are becoming more & more common on PC, I suppose a physical release being exclusive to their store is better than one not being available at all :)

Price wise, I suppose you have to ask yourself where your first choice for buying a digital copy from would be, if not the SE store DVD listing. If you'd be looking to buy directly from Steam then you're gonna be paying the same price anyway (£39.99). If you decide against the SE store however (and thus go digital) and are open to other stores, you can save some money by getting a Steam key from cdkeys for £26.99 (or £25.64 if you make an account there and apply a 5% off voucher from their FB page). I pre-purchased my digital copy from GMG during their E3 promotion but I've used cdkeys a few times this year and haven't had any probs :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:21 am

Anubis
Site Admin
So I finally started playing the FF10 / 10-2 remasters on Steam, after having bought them on release. I decided after AC: Rogue I needed some time away from that style of game before I started Deus Ex Mankind Divided.

I'm very impressed, I have to say. The uncompressed assets really make a huge difference in making the game look really pretty, even by modern standards. And the rescored orchestral music is a really nice touch. I just wish I could have the JP audio track to go with it (I know there's a mod, but it broke my install when I tried to use it, so settling for English).

I wish they still made FF games like this.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:37 pm

M.Steiner
I haven't played the PC release of the remaster yet but I did play it on console (the first release of it on PS3) and even on that it was fantastic, and that wasn't even the PS4 version which the buggers later decided to release. I imagine it's pretty great on PC!
I bought it at release but need to leave it a bit longer before I replay it again methinks, (not to mention there are too many new games coming out to make room for replaying something of that size) but I look forward to it when I do. They did a great job with it.

A dual audio option would have been nice (hopefully that mod will get updated, I imagine the game update(s) messed it up) but since I've only ever played the official PAL releases, I've never played it with anything but the English dub. As such I could easily live without the Jap track, but it would be nice to play it in its native language at some point. Don't know why they can't just include both tracks tbh, Ni No Kuni did. I could kind of understand if it was given a physical release too, since it would be harder then due to the limited disc space of DVDs (Ni No Kuni didn't have that problem due to it being on Blu-ray & all), but for a digital only release like 10 is for PC... They could just offer the other track as a free DLC add-on if they really wanted. Guess they have their reasons though, mebbe some kind of licensing issue?

Next game for me will be the founders release of The Tomorrow Children (PS4) on Tue methinks. Got invited to one of their closed beta sessions at the beginning of the year & have played every one they've done since. Such a fun & unique game, been itching for a release date for a while!
Quite a few releases this month actually... ReCore, the BioShock remasters, The Bunker, Cossacks 3 & Virginia. I know you saw my Cossacks 3 link in Discord the other week (and you may remember ReCore from E3), but give The Bunker & Virginia a look if you weren't already aware of them mate. They're likely to fly under the radar for a lot of people but they may appeal to you too :)

(Also, when are you playing Tales from the Borderlands? :p ;D)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:01 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:(Also, when are you playing Tales from the Borderlands? :p ;D)
Soon! Honest!

I was initially debating between that and Deus Ex over what to play next, but as Wolf Among Us was so short and I finished so recently, and AC: Rogue felt too close to to Deus Ex in some ways, I wanted a bit of breathing space from both game types next.

Tales from the Borderlands is probably either next or the game after next for me :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:53 pm

M.Steiner
Makes sense! and kk ^^

Excited for you to get to it anyway so keep me posted! It went from being a game I was cautiously interested in and something I was not really expecting much from, to one of the best games I played last year and (imo) some of Telltale's best work yet. Maybe even the. One of the funniest games I've played too :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:07 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
So my copy of Mafia 3 just dispatched! Very excited for this, although I do want to replay Mafia 2 first so might try and delay playing a little while. Anyone else getting it? I know you're a big fan MS :)

I did see today though that they're refusing to send out review copies, which is a little unsettling. Hopefully doesn't indicate any issues that haven't come to light :blank:

Return to “General Discussions”