E3 2016

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: E3 2016

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:51 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
And yours mate! Twas yours that inspired me to write mine today :)

Very interesting if that RDR rumour is true - I can believe that's feasible certainly. I'm not sure why a game like that would necessarily be delayed due to Orlando, particularly given far more brutal games like Gears were shown with no issue, but fair enough I guess. I understand the thought process. Would have been a big coup if it happened - interesting to see where that rumour goes!

As for the Resi demo, very interesting :D Keep us updated on that one! Definitely not a game I could stomach myself but these little puzzles are a really cool idea!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:40 pm

M.Steiner
Will let ya know (for the RE Demo). Hopefully it won't all lead to nothing lol, but really fun following the streams & discussions :D

If any of you are looking to pre-purchase some stuff (digitally), GMG have a 25% off voucher for E3 - E3SAVE25.
Just ordered a bunch of games from them myself :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:44 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Through looking at some of your picks that I hadn't been considering MS, you may have made me more bankrupt :lol:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:44 pm

M.Steiner
Better to have too many upcoming games that you want to play than too little! ;D

What my lineup is looking like for the rest of the year:
- I Am Setsuna (July)
- We Happy Few (July *Early Access*)
- Deus Ex: Manking Divided (August)
- Final Fantasy XV (September)
- Mafia 3 (October)
- Battlefield 1 (October)
- The Last Guardian (October)
- Dishonored 2 (November)
- Watch Dogs 2 (November)
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole (December)

These are on my radar as well:
Inside (July)
No Man's Sky (August)
ReCore (September)
Syberia 3 (December)

but I'll wait until I've finished some of the above before I pick those up as they are higher on my want list.
There are a few other games (like Cuphead & The Tomorrow Children for example) which will be making my list too but we don't have a date for those yet (other than this year).

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare looked surprisingly good at E3 but I'm already going to have Battlefield 1 to play by this point and hopefully still Overwatch as well, as such I'm not sure if I'd want a third shooter to add into the mix. Will see, tis a way off still!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:52 pm

M.Steiner
Just saw this photo on Twitter & had to post it :p

https://twitter.com/CheapyD/status/743502117839605760

-------------
Also, since We Happy Few's July date is just for early access (would rather wait until it's completely finished, story is all in etc), I'm gonna move Inside up into my day one list methinks.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:49 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
He must be dreaming of ever being able to win an award like that again :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:42 pm

M.Steiner
"....oh shit" :lol:

Got another game on my radar now, thanks to your friend's E3 blog post, Anny! :)
Available August 16, 2016

Bound transports you into a beautiful, fantastical world that exists in the mind of a woman revisiting the memories of her childhood. You’ll use dance moves to traverse vast environments filled with platforming challenges. As the game progresses, the introspective story unfolds through powerful metaphor and imagery, adding emotional depth to the protagonist’s journey.
I either completely missed this or it went straight over the top of my head what with everything else being show lol.
Looks really wonderful though & is giving me strong vibes of Journey too tbh. Big expectations to live up to ofc, as Journey is one of the most moving & unique gaming experiences I've probably ever had, but we need more games like it. A nice post-E3 surprise for me!, will definitely pick this up in August :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:48 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:Got another game on my radar now, thanks to your friend's E3 blog post, Anny! :)
Just realised I didn't reply to this! So pleased someone read that from my re-tweet :)

She's really pleased someone got something out of it, so thanks for saying so ^^

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:00 pm

M.Steiner
Really easy for games like that to fly under the radar tbh, especially at an event like E3 when there's sooo much other news coming out & the big titles & reveals usually take up most of the headlines. Glad I caught your retweet of her post though as I haven't come across that game by chance since either, and as such, would have been unaware of it still :thumb:

------
As for another E3 game which may fly under people's radar:
This came out on Xbox One last week and has gotten some amazing reviews. Player impressions have been incredibly positive too, though I'm purposefully trying to stay clear of them now so as not to read too much & end up spoiling it for myself. Sounds to be a masterpiece by all accounts though and one which is probably best going in completely blind for. Out for PC in 3 days :D

Return to “General Discussions”