Wow Legion

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Wow Legion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:44 pm

SSX-Andy
So not having played wow since sometime around 2008, I've looked a bit at Legion and it seems intriguing.

Not that I will ever go back to the raiding days, but Legion do seem a lot more casual oriented (as wow has done since I guess the end of BC).

The monthly subscription makes it a bit hard to just try for a bit, but might still do it.

Has anyone else been thinking about trying it out?

Re: Wow Legion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:57 pm

M.Steiner
I haven't played WoW since pre-TBC myself but I seem to recall Whizbang was planning on getting Legion. He looks to be playing WoW right now actually, looking at Discord. I shall point him here for ya :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:47 pm

SSX-Andy
I haven't played since TBC, not counting that once that I logged into WoTLK. Didn't like the direction they took the game, but now as a casual player I don't care about the raiding part and the quest experience seems improved.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:33 pm

Whizbang
I'm not big on raiding either but I like PvP and running dungeons. The questing is much nicer now and there are some really good storylines that are a joy to participate in.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:40 pm

SSX-Andy
Got the game to try it out.

Unfortunately can't find any of my old characters, contacted support to see if they know anything about it.

Created a Druid on EU-Outland. Same old server as before.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:51 am

SSX-Andy
Switched over to a worgen Priest to try out a new starting area.

Actually having more fun so far than I did in the end of TBC. Not feeling any pressure of raids and so, just relaxing and enjoying the game, is a nice change of pace.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:59 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Not played since TBC now. I tried to go back a few times but found it just wasn't fun for me anymore without the old WoW-EU crew :(
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:58 pm

SSX-Andy
Certainly not the same, but I'm enjoying just revisiting things.

Done the classical raids solo, fun to just relive the experience again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:05 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SSX-Andy wrote:Certainly not the same, but I'm enjoying just revisiting things.

Done the classical raids solo, fun to just relive the experience again.
You can solo stuff like MC and BWL now?!

Wow, that might interest me actually, to jog the memory...
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:39 pm

SSX-Andy
Yupp, you can solo most old dungeons and raids.'

Did my first Ice Crown Citadel solo, fun to see some bosses I'd never tried before.

Think I will give it a go to level up a char completely from level 1. Although it is fun to play at level 100+ I feel like I missed a lot of areas and content by skipping them. Gonna try to get my hands on some heirloom items and start up either a Paladin or a Shaman and get it up from 1.

Oh, one more thing. Only problem I've had so far soloing raids was Razorgore. Damned dragon just dies too easily. It is doable, but can be a bit hard. And on C'Thun, don't kill the stomach tentacles if you have a dot up on him. The increased damages means that the dot will kill him and you die too if you are in the stomach when that happens. At least I think that is what happened to me.

Return to “General Discussions”