The Tomorrow Children (PS4)

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

The Tomorrow Children (PS4)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:13 pm

M.Steiner
The Tomorrow Children is a difficult game to explain, but the closest comparison to it would probably be Minecraft I suppose, yet different lol. TTC is an online collaborative, social building and strategy game set in a post-apocalyptic Soviet Union world.

After an experiment gone wrong, wiping almost all of humanity out and leaving what's left of the world - what's called "the Void", you play as projection clones working to reclaim the land and rebuild civilization.

Players start in towns with the goal of building, maintaining, protecting and eventually restoring them. This involves venturing out into the void and to certain islands that spawn in order to harvest their materials. Food, wood, coal, metal & crystals can all be found there, all of which are used for your town and can be transported back there via a bus. Trees need to be cut down with chainsaws to provide wood, fruit picked off the trees for example. Back at your town you will use these resources to keep your citizens fed, build homes to increase the population, shops for players to use, town defences etc.

For every (good) action you make, you are given toil. At the end of each day (though you can visit it how ever often you want), you must visit the Ministry of Labor where you have your work sheet stamped and are awarded coupons - this is the main currency you use to buy things such as your tools.

There's quite a bit to it but now that you've read that, here's the trailer which will give you a better idea:
The game will be free-to-play on PS4 later this year (no date yet) but as part of my founders pack I'll be able to invite a few friends to play the F2P version before its release. Might actually be able to do that as soon as this week or next, we shall see. If you have a PS4 (or looking to get one in the near future) and this sounds interesting to you, gimme a shout and I'll try and hook you up with an invite when they become available and you can come give it a try too!

It's not a game I can see everyone enjoying but I was in the closed beta too so have been playing it on and off for a while. It's a great little (addictive too lol) game imo and has a lot of potential :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: The Tomorrow Children (PS4)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:31 pm

M.Steiner
Ok, I have 4 EU invites to give out to STR members. I have to use my coupons to buy them from the resident store ingame though so the codes aren't in my hands ready to go, I'll have to go redeem them.

If I haven't received any requests by this time tomorrow I'll start asking elsewhere though as I'd rather they got used and other people got enjoyment out of them than have them sat unclaimed, so don't hang about! I'll ask on Discord too for those who don't check the forums very often :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:03 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Don't think this one is my kinda thing I'm afraid, even if I had a PS4.

Thanks for the offer though mate! Very generous, and appreciated as always! :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:57 am

M.Steiner
nps :)

Nobody wanna try it? GAF it is then.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:13 pm

Whizbang
Buy me a PS4 and I'll happily play it, MS. ;)
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:19 am

M.Steiner
They're EU codes so I don't think you'd be able to redeem one on a US PSN account anyway, unfortunately ;)

Return to “General Discussions”