2017 Releases

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

2017 Releases

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:23 pm

M.Steiner
With only a couple weeks left of 2016 I think it's about time we put a thread up for discussing next year's releases, eh? ;)

I want to play one more game from this year's line-up before I post my 2016 top 10 list (which I plan to start tonight or this weekend, so will post that up asap!) but I don't see my #1 spot & GOTY changing now - The Last Guardian.
When a game sees such a long & troubled development like TLG did, it would be natural to have worries going in, thinking what the finished product would be like and whether it could ever live up to the amount of hype that has surrounded it for all of this time. I never really did myself (have any concerns) but I'm happy to say that for me, it most certainly did live up to the hype and was a worthy spiritual successor to both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. There were a couple of moments which I found frustrating and I'd be lying if I said there weren't, but it was such a wonderful & special experience that (much like Ico & SotC) even a few days after completing, I'm still thinking about it. If you're a fan of Ueda's work (it would be hard not to be as I & many others would regard SotC & Ico as two of the greatest games of all time, especially the former), you owe it to yourself to play TLG if you have a PS4 to play it on. What a game.

(And it should go without saying that if you've never experienced the beauty of a Team Ico/Ueda game to begin with, you need to go & play Ico & Shadow of the Colossus, like I recently recommend for Anny to do. Very special games which every gamer should experience at least once imo!}
So then, 2017...

MS' TOP 10 MOST ANTICIPATED
  • [*]Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4)
    [*]Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (PC)
    [*]Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PC]
    [*]Detroit: Become Human [PS4]
    [*]Persona 5 (PS4)
    [*]Rime (PC)
    [*]Yakuza 0 (PS4)
    [*]God of War [PS4]
    [*]Vampyr (PC)
    [*]Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)
    [/b][/color]
I think we'll be looking at 2018 for Shenmue 3 & Cyberpunk 2077 otherwise they would have been top of on my list too. Gonna be waiting longer than that for Death Stranding too I think. I believe R* will release RDR2 on PC this time but as I'm not expecting to see that until Spring 2018 I've listed it for PS4 instead. I'll double dip like I did with GTAV (get the console version at release and then sell it when the PC version arrives).

Lots of other great looking games slated for next year too ofc: Mass Effect Andromeda, Prey, Cuphead, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Sea of Thieves, Gravity Rush 2, FFXII: The Zodiac Age, Zelda, Syberia 3, South Park: The Fractured but Whole, Yakuza Kiwami. Plus lots more!

Which games are you guys excited for next year? :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: 2017 Releases

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:38 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Oh god. I'm not paying enough attention to know when things are coming out hahaha - I wait for E3 to tell me that :lol:

Let's see if I can work out 10 that I want! I'm counting things currently slated for 2017 though, even if they might be 2018, else I'd never get close haha!

Anny's 10 Games He Wants That Happen to Maybe Release in 2017 (unordered)
  • [*]South Park: The Fractured But Whole (PC)
    [*]Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)
    [*]Vampyr (PC)
    [*]Mass Effect: Andromeda (PC) - still not fully sold on this though
    [*]Persona 5 (PS4)
    [*]Detroit: Become Human (PS4)
    [*]Crash Bandicoot Trilogy (PS4)
    [*]Full Throttle Remastered (PC)
    [*]Dawn of War 3 (PC)
    [*]God of War (PS4)
    [/b][/color]
Hey, I managed it! I'm amazed :lol:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:19 pm

M.Steiner
I wasn't sure when Detroit & God of War were slated for tbh (was just guessing 2018) but I'd love for them to be next year, and would most certainly be on my list if so! Fingers crossed as they both look amazing :D

Interested in all of the others too (be good to have some DoW3 games as a group if a good few of us get it, like the old days!), which reminds me that I never played the remaster of Day of the Tentacle earlier this year so might have to pick that up during the Steam Christmas sales.

[Edit: Have updated my list with the assumption that they will be releasing in 2017 too!]

You know... There's no hating from me here when I say this so no offence to anyone who happens to own an Xbox One or is a big supporter of MS, but even after being on sale for 3 years now & being an Xbox 360 owner last gen, I've yet to have been tempted by an Xbone. As a PC gamer too (and thus only buy the exclusives I can't play on PC) the line-ups for both systems just do not compare, imho.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:28 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I was tempted for the back catalogue stuff tbh, as I wanted to replay Lost Odyssey if nothing else. But having since found out that my old 360 still works, no need for that.

Tbh as soon as they made the "no more exclusives" announcement at E3, any chance of it pretty much went away. Why would you bother in that case given everything is superior on PC anyway? I've only got a PS4 because of the exclusives!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:37 pm

M.Steiner
:thumb:

Return to “General Discussions”