Old Timer Touching Base

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Old Timer Touching Base

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:46 am

waterstar
It's been a few years (I think) since my last visit. And I am doing well -- got a bit of a cold at the moment but otherwise doing well.

I'm one-year into running a local board gaming meetup at my home. It's produced a wonderful community of about 14 or so regulars and probably 60 - 100 guests stopping by over the course of the year.

If you remember me from way back pre-Y2K then look me up on:
- boardgamegeek.com - https://boardgamegeek.com/user/waterstar
- Steam - user: Masatro

I'm pleasantly surprised the group has held on for 20 years. Congrats to the current team running the show.

Ray
aka SSC-Waterstar (yes, I know the group uses STR now but I've not been an active member in 17 years so I've never updated the handle)

Re: Old Timer Touching Base

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:44 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Great to see you Waterstar, as always welcome back to the fold and it's great to hear from you!

Congrats on making the success of your board gaming group! It's pretty great to have built a community like that - often wished there was something like that local to me tbh that I could do some RP with, but alas! Hopefully it'll continue to grow and thrive for you :)

As for the old place, we're tough to get rid of haha. It's been a great 20 years, here's hopefully to 20 more :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:58 pm

SSX-Wedge
Hey WaterStar, Whats up Brother?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:12 pm

esd
We'll have Cheets & Lighty springing back up at this rate! *waves*
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

Return to “General Discussions”