Hello to all my old friends

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Hello to all my old friends

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:20 pm

SSX-Wedge
Hey guys, LONG time no see! Far too Long. For many of you that don't know me..... I joined back in the early years of SSC. Played with Mustang before actually joining in 1998. WOW! almost 20 years ago. Most of you were teenagers back then. Im sure you all have families of your own as well. I have a 13 year old son and a 12 year old daughter. Both of which love playing Xbox. I was one of the old time gamers that stuck strictly to PC based games. Wanted nothing to do with those console games. Look at me now, 2 Xbox 360s (with a third spare still in box for a back up. LOL Then 2 Xbox Ones in the house with a third which I take on the road with me when I travel. I'm still working as a Crane operator. I'm sure the last time I talked you guys was around 10 years ago when I ended up working as a crane operator, rebuilding the Bridge that collapse on 35W in Minnesota. Working 12-14 hour days for 7 days a week for 10 months straight. Gaming got put on the back burner. Spent the last 10 years or so working around my state. Spending most of my time working inside the oil refineries 2 1/2 hours away from home. Thats when I started gaming on the 360, playing Call of Duty. As my children aged it was a way to get together and have fun playing in games with them, while I was out of town. Yes, so now im a console gamer..... I buy pretty much everything thats released. Still have the SSC Truck. My 63 Chev Belair, 72 Buick GS and an 87 Supra Turbo, 2014 Subaru Crosstrek. Anyhow..... Dont mean to ramble. It happens when you get in your 50s LOL
Attachments
ssctruck2.jpg
ssctruck2.jpg (56.36 KiB) Viewed 9743 times
ssctruck1.JPG
ssctruck1.JPG (82.43 KiB) Viewed 9743 times

Re: Hello to all my old friends

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:50 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Long time no see Wedge, great to have you back among us again :D

Sounds like you've had quite the eventful decade whilst we've just continued loitering around our corner of the internet haha! Consoles are so convenient as you grow older to be fair, I think most of us have been drawn in to some degree. But as long as you still play, what does it really matter what platform these days?

I don't remember the car at all (my memory is awful) but it gave me a good chuckle seeing your pics haha. That's awesome - SSC "The Boss" indeed :lol:

Hope to see you around the place more often!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:33 pm

M.Steiner
Heya Wedge! Great to see an old face around here as I was saying on Discord the other day.

As someone who grew up playing games not only with friends and my younger brother, but with my Mum as well, it's always great to hear about other parents gaming with their kids too. Such a great way of bringing families together & having fun.

I still play predominently on PC myself but the console (PS4) gets used plenty as well, and as a daily Netflix/Amazon/Twitch box too heh. Infact some of my fav releases of the last few years have been PS4 exclusives. PC, console, it's all good. Always think it sad when, as getting older, having a busier life, kids etc that some people's interest (and time) for gaming slowly becomes nonexistent. Personally, I honestly can't imagine a life without games! Would be like never watching a movie again, or reading a book etc. Awesome to hear that you still find time for your passion & play most new releases as you say. - What have been some of your fav titles this year btw? And what are you looking forward to playing? :)

and yep, like Anny says I hope to see you around here/Discord more often too! Don't be a stranger :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:04 am

SSX-Wedge
Anubis wrote:
I don't remember the car at all (my memory is awful) but it gave me a good chuckle seeing your pics haha. That's awesome - SSC "The Boss" indeed :lol:
"The Boss" is the frame for my Boss V Plow. lol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:08 pm

esd
Wedge! Wow, was actually thinking about your truck just the other day!

*slaps anny and stein for not prodding me on Twitter*

Add me on the Xbox if you want. SSX esd!
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

Return to “General Discussions”