New seasons, new shows :: Durarara!!

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

New seasons, new shows :: Durarara!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:43 am

Stracius
Watched a couple new shows, and so far Durarara!! has been the hands down winner in my book. Up to episode three... I'm hoping the plot doesn't fail, but not really worried as it's setting itself up very well so far.
Pace: keep up if you can.
Randomness/unpredictability: Check + +
Rediculousness (it's a word because I said so): Over the top
WTF Factor: Yes, but not in any sick and twisted ways in case anyone was wondering (or hoping :weird: )

Go.
Watch.

Why are you still reading this post?
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

Re: New seasons, new shows :: Durarara!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:08 pm

BlackDove
Baccano: Present Day.

DURRRRRRRRRRR is pretty much also the only anime worth watching this season (so far, not counting last season's startups). Well DURRRRRRR and Nodame Finale.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Pretty much just looks like a Yaoi love story from the schedule, something which I'm not at all interested in.

If there's more to it, I might give it a look. Just looking at it in the schedule really turns me off though.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:08 pm

BlackDove
There's nothing yaoi about Durarara, 4chan just simply managed to troll you.

Should visit /a/ way less, you're way too easy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:33 am

Stracius
:lol:

Yeah, it does seem to have a pulp fiction-esque style to it. I haven't seen Baccano, I shall have to fix that.

Yaoi.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:05 pm

M.Steiner
I started Baccano a couple of days ago which has been really great so far and noticed that this series was directed by the same guy. Thought maybe this would be worth checking out as well? (Isaac & Miria <3 from Baccano apparently make a cameo appearance too hehe).
Now that DRRR!! has finished (a while ago I know) would you guys say this was still worth watching? Normally I'd just jump in and find out though Anny doesn't appear to speak very highly of it so thought I'd check and see whether your opinions changed later on in the series, since only a few eps had aired at the time of these posts? :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:46 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I didn't watch it, to be clear on that. My opinions stem from the schedule and the summaries that I read. I also didn't say it was a bad show, just one that didn't look to be for me.

Certainly not saying you won't enjoy it if you've liked other stuff by the same people - just that my impressions were not too favourable :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:17 pm

M.Steiner
Yeah I should have been clearer, sorry mate. Besides seeing an OP for it, reading the synopsis and seeing that Isaac & Miria make a brief appearance, I don't know much else about it really. Haven't read any other reviews or summaries yet and I wasn't keeping tabs on shows back in Jan so you've likely got more to go on than I :), figured I might as well see what the general feel about it was now that it had finished. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:20 pm

M.Steiner
BlackDove wrote:Baccano: Present Day.
Too true. :D
Anubis wrote:Pretty much just looks like a Yaoi love story from the schedule, something which I'm not at all interested in.
If there's more to it, I might give it a look. Just looking at it in the schedule really turns me off though.
Now that I can actually comment; I'm honestly not sure what people could have been posting in their summaries or on 4chan Anny but they were talking shit as
BlackDove wrote:There's nothing yaoi about Durarara
If that was the only reason that put you off watching the show when it aired then that's a shame since you were hugely mislead. Isn't like that at all. oO
Since you're already watching Baccano though that will give you a much better idea of what to expect from Durarara than any schedule, comments or review ever will since they're so darn similar. Think of it as a modern day Baccano but with a set of new characters and new stories intertwined. Or simply Baccano: Present Day as BD said.
If you continue to enjoy that you should reconsidering giving DRR a chance at some point in the future and ignore any crap you've read. If so I see no reason why you wouldn't like that too mate. Show really is great ;)

The final DVD volume will be out in Japan tomorrow too so hopefully we won't have to wait long for the episode 25 special. I'm on ep 17 atm so good timing heh.

:lol: <3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:25 pm

BlackDove
DRRRRRRRRR was fairly well done.

The ending left a bit to be desired for, since they didn't resolve everything (I assume there would be an S2 or something), but still, the whole thing was solid.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:56 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
BlackDove wrote:DRRRRRRRRR was fairly well done.

The ending left a bit to be desired for, since they didn't resolve everything (I assume there would be an S2 or something), but still, the whole thing was solid.
Not sure if you noticed but "C - The Money of Soul and Possibility Control" that's airing in the Noitamina slot next season is being done by the same guys as did DRRRRR and Baccano. I'll be watching it because it's Noitamina, and the two shows in that slot over the last couple of years have been awesome - it might be one to look at if you enjoyed this.

As for DRRRR itself, I'll probably watch it myself at some point as I'm enjoying Baccano, but we'll see. Not soon I would expect, as my list is long at present :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:43 am

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Not sure if you noticed but "C - The Money of Soul and Possibility Control" that's airing in the Noitamina slot next season is being done by the same guys as did DRRRRR and Baccano. I'll be watching it because it's Noitamina, and the two shows in that slot over the last couple of years have been awesome - it might be one to look at if you enjoyed this.
I expect it to be quite different though tbh. Whilst one of their script writers may be working on it (unsure about other staff?) it is both directed and produced by different people entirely it seems. Rather than Takahiro Omori (Director of Baccano/Durarara) and Brain's Base (animation studio). Still expect it'll be worth watching though and am glad you pointed it out. ;)

Had to look Noitamina up since I didn't know what that was :p
Eden of the East and Tokyo Magnitude aside which were indeed fantastic (yet to see Tatami), seems Shiki was in that slot too and Fractale currently is as well. Might be the one to watch then. Whilst Shiki wasn't anything special (though still decent) Fractale is shaping up nicely indeed ^^
(Also "Kuragehime" which is by Takahiro Omori/Brain's Base as well but I decided to give that a miss last season going by the summary).

Ep 21 now. Really hope he does some more shows in the same vein as Baccano & DRRR. Might check Natsume Yuujinchou out next since that's another one of his... Have Haibane Renmei too but I'll leave that for a while methinks, not that he was the main dude on that one.

[Edit]Since finishing the show I came across this vid. Pretty damn impressive if you ask me!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:47 pm

M.Steiner
Naughty bump..
It has been a long time coming but there's just 2 more weeks for the return of Durarara!! :thumb:
For those of you unaware, it will be a 3-cour series in total. The first bunch of episodes start in just 2 weeks as I say, Jan 10th to be exact. With part 2 scheduled for the Summer (July) and part 3 to hit in Jan 2016. So split up similar to what they do with the Fate series.

Dunno about you guys but I can't bloody wait! ;D

Return to “Anime”