Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:56 am

M.Steiner
"Children who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below"

Any Makoto Shinkai fans here that are looking forward to his next movie? :)
(5 Centimeters Per Second, The Place Promised in Our Early Days, Voices of a Distant Star...)

"This film is planned to be his longest animation film to date and is described as a "lively" animated film with adventure, action, and romance centered on a cheerful and spirited girl on a journey to say "farewell". The film is slated to be released in Japan in May 2011.

The film centers on Asuna, a girl who spends her solitary days listening to the mysterious music emanating from the crystal radio she received from her father as a memento. However, she embarks on a journey of adventure to meet a boy again, and thus comes to know the cruelty and beauty of the world, as well as loss."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDCh1kpHvRk&fmt=22
[HD View available if you click]

Going by the works of his which I have already seen and enjoyed the art style's used in those have always been instantly recognisable. This one is no different by the looks of it except with a Ghibli-ish look going on this time as well I'd say. (Those familiar with Ghibli will know which particular screenie I'm referring to).
I would still say that out of all the anime movies & shows I've seen the art style in Shinkai's movies (especially 5cm) is my favourite by far. Absolutely stunning every time. Just beautiful.

ImageImage
[Clicky to enlarge]

Only just found out about this today so I'm quite excited. The synopsis for it is quite short but I'm sure it'll be something else to look forward to next year! Do like his work :D
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:31 am

Stracius
Have only seen Voices out of that list (may have to check out the other two you mentioned) and enjoyed it despite its brevity. I'll keep my eyes open for this, ty for the heads up!
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:30 pm

M.Steiner
Actually you may have seen The Place Promised in Our Early Days too going by the recommendations list, just know it by a different name.
I discovered it by that name but it also goes by "Beyond the Clouds" or "Beyond the Clouds, The Promised Place". First of which appears to be on your list unless there's another anime with a similar name which I don't know about ;)
If that's the case mebbe we're the only two that have seen that particular movie? hehe.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:03 pm

Stracius
Hmm, I stand corrected. Very good movies, I'd be a bit disappointed if we were the only ones here to have seen them.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:53 pm

BlackDove
ITSUDEMO SAGASHITESHIMAU, DOKKA NI KIMI NO EGAO WO, KYUUKOU MACHI NO, FUMIKIRI ATARI, KONNA TOKO NI IRU HAZU MO NAI NONI!
You guys are small time.
Yes, the new one looks promising.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:30 pm

M.Steiner
New trailer out! (last month actually but only just seen it :p)
1080p version is a must, obviously :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:47 pm

M.Steiner
Little bump.
This was due out in Japan today and both the blu-ray and dvd release come with english subtitles so... shouldn't be long ;)

Return to “Anime”