Fantastic anime sale (Not a bot!)

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

Fantastic anime sale (Not a bot!)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:35 pm

M.Steiner
I mentioned this earlier on IRC but since not all of us frequent there I thought I'd post it here too.

With Manga Entertainment celebrating 20 years, Zavvi are currently having a sale on all of their titles. Crazy discounts.

Few examples:
The double movie blu-ray boxset for The Girl Who Leapt Through Time & Summer Wars is usually priced around 1118. Zavvi are selling it for 116.85.
Volume 2 of the Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood blu-ray usually costs around 1125. Zavvi are selling it for 118.85.
The complete dvd boxset of Death Note (37 episodes) usually costs 1137+. Zavvi are selling it for 1116.85.
Eden of the East blu-ray is usually 1120-1125. Zavvi are selling for 117.49.
The complete dvd boxset of Soul Eater (51 episodes) normally costs 1140+. Zavvi are selling it for 1116.85.

Lots of others too, you get the picture ;)
If you live in the UK/EU these prices are too good to pass up if there's anything you already wanted for your collection or may fancy watching at some point. I've been keeping an eye on the first two for a while now and the prices haven't really shifted at all, needless to say I have grabbed both boxsets as even when they do start to go down in price they won't be that cheap... What would have cost me 1143 has cost me just 1116. Pretty darn sweet when the EVA 2.22 blu-ray I recently bought cost 1115 alone. :D
Would have grabbed Death Note and Eden too but Ava and I already own them.
(Oh and they have free postage too btw)

[Go here].

I don't know how many days it's on for but probably best not to wait around if there's anything you want, just incase!
Happy buying :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Fantastic anime sale (Not a bot!)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:17 am

Stracius
bot!
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:29 pm

M.Steiner
:)
Seems the sale is still on by the looks of it, at least for today!

Another unmissable deal I noticed is the complete Baccano set on DVD for 1111.85. I already own this boxset and it's normally just under 30 quid. Maybe you're interested in that one, Anny? The Death Note set too perhaps?
Insane discounts, be crazy not to. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:33 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Evil bot! I'll just ban the account...

Seriously though, thanks for the heads up MS. I didn't end up buying anything, mainly because the shows that I would be strongly tempted to buy so far (Geass, Frontier, Tatami) were not part of the sale. Regardless though, always nice to be aware of these things so that we can decide on an individual basis :)

Did you end up buying anything else?
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:19 am

M.Steiner
No probs!.

As for buying anything else, I decided to leave it at those two. Only bad thing about shops having such great bargains as that is you're always tempted to get things you didn't already plan on buying lol. Quite easy to give in to temptation heh.
Since I already wanted the first two it made sense to grab those whilst they were so cheap. Still need to get the first blu-ray volume of FMA2 (and the rest on dvd since only the first 2 volumes are releasing on blu-ray over here due to sales :/) but the difference between discount & full price with that was only 8 quid with vol2 being 16. That's still quite expensive with it being a newer release so I'm glad I got that, I won't feel so bad buying vol1 later since it's not *that* much more.

Speaking of Geass. The anime legends set of R1 is out now it seems!. Hopefully they'll do the same for R2. If not there's still the set 1 and 2 for the second season but I'd go with a full boxset if they make one available. I'll get those eventually if that's the case, but when they're cheaper. Individual volumes are better than nothing (my Durarara sets are like that) but I'd prefer just one box per season if given the choice. :)

Return to “Anime”