Summer 2011 : Recommendations

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

Re: Summer 2011 : Recommendations

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:49 am

SSX-Ava
10/10: Natsume Yuujinchou San
10/10: Usagi Drop - best of season
8/10: No.6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:57 pm

M.Steiner
Well the last 2 eps of Blood-C were its saving grace, to a degree. I've gone from thinking I should have dropped it to being happy that I didn't.
Going to raise my score from a 4 to a 6 for that reason but even though I can look at the previous 10 episodes a little differently after 11 & 12 I still can't discount the fact that all but 2 has been pretty mediocre and well below average from what I'm used to watching. The series as a whole was, for me, still the weakest of this summer.
Still having said that I'm actually looking forward to next years movie now that the story is properly progressing and I wouldn't have considered watching that a month ago. Glad I kept with it. If it continues the same way as the last 2 I expect it'll turn out to be better than the series.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:39 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I really enjoyed Blood-C when all was said and done. As I said in my last post, it's piqued my curiosity throughout - as I've felt for a long time that things were off, and there were a lot of falsities surrounding Saya. That said, I was certainly not expecting revelations to the extent that we saw in the last three episodes. My thoughts when I'd seen episode 11 remain my thoughts now, having seen the end:

[22:00] <SSX-Anubis> oh oh oh
[22:00] <SSX-Anubis> I should have known it was the Guimauve guy
[22:01] <SSX-Anubis> such an unexpected direction. I'm really liking it
[22:01] <SSX-Anubis> he was just too perfect and left untouched for too long. Wonder who the father is though
[22:03] <SSX-Anubis> and he took her some Guimauve every time the morning after too
[22:03] <SSX-Anubis> that must contain the drugs and be dyed with Elder Bairn blood to keep her liking it
[22:03] <SSX-Anubis> I should have figured this out ages ago
[22:04] <SSX-Anubis> really impressed it fooled me so much haha. I thought the father was running it for ages, and only begun to suspect that Guimauve was...wrong an episode or two ago
[22:06] <SSX-Anubis> now that the broad picture has been explained I can see all the joins and how it fitted together, and how I just missed the clues
[22:13] <SSX-Anubis> I have always felt the series had potential, because I always thought the lies she was being told by her father would lead somewhere
[22:13] <SSX-Anubis> but I must say I've been completely blindsided in the scale and complexity of them
[22:14] <SSX-Anubis> series has been hovering on a 7 for a while for me, but provided the last episode is good I might give it an 8 now. It's played me really well, and I've enjoyed it doing so
[22:14] <SSX-Anubis> really admiring how clever they have been now in setting up a 'false show' for 10/12 of the season
[22:15] <SSX-Anubis> I just thought it'd be "the bairns and the shrine priests made a truce, and her father is breaking it and thus causing the death pervading the town"

Roll on the movie as far as I am concerned. Series gets a solid 8/10 for me for playing me so well, keeping me interested whilst doing so, and making me enjoy it.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:37 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Necroing this to high heaven :p

It's been a long time coming, but I found a copy of the Blood-C movie at Comic Con this weekend and picked it up, so I'm finally going to get to see the end of this story. I don't think anyone subbed it when it was released, as I was never able to find a copy, but I'm quite excited to finally have the end available to me.

I know not everyone thought Blood-C was particularly great though. Did anyone else ever see the movie to watch its conclusion?
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:34 pm

M.Steiner
The series itself is still one of my least favourites from the seasons I've followed but I was still planning to watch the movie at some point to see how they ended it. I did however completely forget about it so I never actually did. Let us know how it is mate and I may still give that a watch when I can :thumb:

That reminds me, I've had the Steins;Gate movie sat waiting for bloody ages too lol. Must watch that soon...
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Return to “Anime”