Winter 2011/12 : Recommendations

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

Winter 2011/12 : Recommendations

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:59 pm

M.Steiner
I know it's a bit early again and the autumn season has just started but you know me, I like to start picking shows out well in advance lol. Don't worry if you're not picking any out yourself for a month or two. :) -- (A chart for this season can be viewed here)

These are the shows I'll be watching but I may not pick all of them up from their first air date now that TOR is out and some of the shows from last season are going to overlap;
  • - Natsume Yuujinchou Shi (Takahiro Omori | Brains Base) [January 2012] <- 4th season!. You guys should really consider watching series 1-3 before January so you can watch this too. Such a lovely series and by the looks of it Ava & I are the only two to have seen any of it.
  • - Nisemonogatari (Shinbou, Akiyuki | SHAFT) [January 2012] <- Sequel to Bakemonogatari
  • Ano Natsu de Matteru (Tatsuyuki Nagai | J.C. Staff) [January 2012] <- From the director of AnoHana.
  • Black★Rock Shooter (Ordet | noitaminA) [January 2012] <- The OVA of this wasn't too bad actually so will see what the series is like.
  • Another (Tsutomu Mizushima | P.A. Works) [January 2012] <- From the director of Blood-C so that may or may not be a good thing depending what you thought of that. Do like the sound of it.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Winter 2011/12 : Recommendations

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:06 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I was planning to try Black Rock Shooter when the OVA came out, but it ended up looking very different to what I was hoping it would be. Might go back and re-consider it if they're doing a series and it looks interesting...

That said though, far too early for me to be considering Winter yet. Autumn hasn't even started! Lol. You're terrible :p
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:09 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Autumn hasn't even started! Lol. You're terrible :p
:lol:
What are you saying?!. Bakuman 2, Kimi to Boku, Working S2 & Fate/zero have already started airing! :p
Some of the better looking ones are still to come mind. The main 3 being Guilty Crown / UN-GO / Persona4. The latter of which starts tomorrow and the other 2 next week. Can't wait :D
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
http://atxpieces.files.wordpress.com/20 ... -byday.jpg

Finished chart is up. In short, it looks like Winter will be another atrocious season. I might pick up the Gundam SEED HD Remaster, because I enjoyed the original show, but beyond that it looks like there's absolutely nothing palatable for me.

Roll on Spring methinks...
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:05 pm

SSX-Ava
Natsummmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Return to “Anime”