Spring 2014

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

Spring 2014

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:22 pm

M.Steiner
New shows starting from next week, folks! - SPRING 2014 GUIDE
There didn't seem to be much of interest for me this time around (other than 2 which were a no brainer) but having looked a bit deeper there's actually quite a few which have caught my eye now.

Definitely watching:[list]
[*]Mushishi Zoku Shou
If you're not going to be picking anything else up this season (or very little), and haven't seen the first series of this already I'd highly recommend watching that along with the special asap so you can pick this (second season) up. Mushi was and still is one of the best pieces of anime I've had the pleasure of seeing so I fully expect S2 to be a must watch. Starts April 5th.

[*]Ping Pong The Animation
Likewise with the above, this is likely to be the other "must watch" show of spring. Or at least I anticipate it to be heh. Masaaki Yuasa. Starts April 11th.
- I expect this is something Anny will be greatly interested in too as Yuasa did the amazing The Tatami Galaxy, Kaiba too though I don't believe you've seen that.[/list]

Probably watching:[list]
[*]Gokukoku no Brynhildr
[*]Isshuukan Friends
[*]Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
[*]Mekakucity Actors[/list]
[indent]I like the sound of these most of all so I may pick all 4 up as well since only one of them has been confirmed as 2-cour from what I can see, so far anyway. Should be a nice mix of shows there.[/indent]
Other possibilities for later:[list]
[*]Black Bullet
[*]Break Blade
[*]Sidonia no Kishi[/list]
[indent]These 3 caught my eye too but there's only so much I can watch hehe, plus there's Game of Thrones and a few other shows starting back up again from next week too. I'll put these on the back burner for a while I think (and maybe 1 or 2 of the "probably" shows too if I decide not to take every single one of those on whilst they're airing) and pick them up later sometime.[/indent]

Which shows will you guys be following? :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Spring 2014

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:17 pm

M.Steiner
Just me I guess? :/
For what it's worth all of the above shows (besides Mekakucity Actors which kicks off this weekend) have started now.

Season 2 of Mushishi is by far the best show airing this season as I expected. There's still another 10 weeks of it to air so there's plenty of time to get caught up if any of you want to marathon S1 and just pick this one show up, if nothing else. Just brilliant and the one to watch imo. I read that it's supposed to be split-cour so part 1 (12 episodes) is airing right now with the other half airing in the Autumn. (Incidentally, autumn might be 6 months away but it's already looking pretty damn solid: The continuation of Mushishi if that is correct, Psycho-Pass Season 2 and ufotable's adaption of Fate/stay night. Awesome lineup right there even if there's sod all else to watch. Can't wait ^^)

I decided to swap Ping Pong for Sidonia no Kishi. It is by the guy who did Tatami as I said before but the plot summary for Knights of Sidonia sounds much more interesting in comparison. I'm not a big sports fan either tbh so was only intending to watch it due to Yuasa. Doesn't look like anyone else is bothered about his new show though so... I might give it a try some other time.

Liking all the other shows I've picked up but only 1 ep of each has aired so far, Mushi aside which has aired 2 and Mekakucity Actors which hasn't started yet.
Judging from first eps alone I'd probably say Isshuukan Friends is my favourite as far as the new shows go. Lovely soft animation style and the story & characters seem very sweet to match. Quite a nice surprise actually. One of the others could possibly take the lead in the weeks to come ofc but they could quite easily go the other way and turn to shit instead heh. Time will tell.

/me goes off...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:23 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Hannibal is still airing, so I'm not watching anything else for a while yet I'm afraid.

Sorry :( Hope you enjoy what you've picked up though!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:24 am

M.Steiner
Cos when Hannibal is airing for 42 minutes every Friday you couldn't possibly find the time to take on any other shows, right? Not even a measly 23 minute once a week for one airing anime?
That doesn't even amount to the average length of a single movie but okay. You know you couldn't even watch half a Hobbit movie for that lol.

I give up :p

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:13 pm

Kon
I want to pick up Mushishi, but I'll have to watch season 1 first. I've also picked up Sidonia, and as I said on IRC, it's giving off serious Gargantia vibes so far. Which is good, because I liked that one a lot. Hats off to Sidonia for being the first anime since Kids on the Slope to have good OP/ED music.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:28 am

Padishar
Thanks for the head up on Mushishi :cool:
Will have to check it out as soon as I finish:
Tegami Bachi & Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:48 am

SL33PY
I watched 3 ep's on mushishi... it doesn't resonate with me, so I quit watching it and started watching Initial D, Fifth Stage, still had that one on my to do list. It'll probable will all be watched by tomorrow :) I'm already at ep9 :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:53 pm

M.Steiner
Do either of you use MAL to track the shows you're currently watching/have watched/are planning to watch, btw?

A few of us have lists there too that's all: Anny, Kahn, Ava, Mech, QD and myself (feel free to add me).
Mech & QD haven't updated theirs in a long time now but you can still get recommendations from what they'd seen before they stopped ofc :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:49 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:Do either of you use MAL to track the shows you're currently watching/have watched/are planning to watch, btw?

A few of us have lists there too that's all: Anny, Kahn, Ava, Mech, QD and myself (feel free to add me).
Mech & QD haven't updated theirs in a long time now but you can still get recommendations from what they'd seen before they stopped ofc :)
So pleased my recent ninja updates have saved me from naming and shaming :D
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Return to “Anime”