Winter 2015

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

Winter 2015

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:34 pm

M.Steiner
It's that time again! :)
[Chart here to see what's airing]

Watching:[list]
[*]Durarara!!x2 Shou
The long awaited return of DRRR!! is less than a week away, can you believe it?!. I absolutely loved the first season (which is still one of my all-time favourite shows) so I for one cannot wait for this to start. Definitely the #1 must watch show for me this season. It's 3 cours as well so we get lots of it, just split up between now, the summer and next Jan. Takahiro Omori will direct once again so expectations are high. Please don't disappoint.

[*]Death Parade
Some of you may have seen the awesome little short movie, "Death Billiards" from 2013's Anime Mirai. This is a new series based upon it (you don't need to have seen the short). Give this one a look if you haven't already, should be good methinks. [Trailer for it here.]

[*]Tokyo Ghoul √A
Second season of Tokyo Ghoul.[/list]

Considering:[list]
[*]Yoru no Yatterman
[*]Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
[*]Junketsu no Maria
Not sure what else to pick from this season if I'm honest but I may give an ep or two of these a go and see what they're like, haven't decided yet.[/list]

Any shows I've missed which you guys think might be worth a look and aren't a continuation of something?. Like I'm sure Anny will be watching Aldnoah.Zero 2 at some point, but I didn't watch the first series myself.
I'll still be following Parasyte from last season too which has been fantastic (give it a look if you haven't already, it's still airing) but it may just be the 3 shows for me this season. Having Durarara!! back kinda makes up for it though heh :D
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Winter 2015

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:29 am

Anubis
Site Admin
I still haven't managed to get to Fate Stay/Night yet, so definitely need to make time for that. DRRRRR is a given for me, as the first season was outstanding and one of my favourite all time anime.

I do want to watch Aldnoah season 2 too, but given I know what I'm like with keeping up with anime these days, probably best I leave that for another season :lol:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:13 am

BlackDove
I don't really remember what happened or was the plot in durarara. Wonder if I'll be able to follow the story.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:19 am

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:I still haven't managed to get to Fate Stay/Night yet, so definitely need to make time for that. DRRRRR is a given for me, as the first season was outstanding and one of my favourite all time anime.

I do want to watch Aldnoah season 2 too, but given I know what I'm like with keeping up with anime these days, probably best I leave that for another season :lol:
Fate/stay night has taken a little break from airing now but we've got another 3 months before that returns for another (I'm guessing) 12 episodes in April. Basically the same season but they've split it up like they did with Fate/Zero (and what's happening with S2 of DRRR!!). Has been bloody good though so I'm sure you'll enjoy that!

and yeah, I adored Durarara. It has always been the #1 show I wanted to see a continuation of but after all this time I didn't think we'd ever get one. Glad to have been proved wrong with that :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:51 pm

M.Steiner
Just a quick heads-up that the first episode of Durarara!! S2 airs tomorrow, Sat 10th ;)

Return to “Anime”