Kara no Kyókai

Discuss your favourite Anime series here. No linking to or discussing, means of downloading episodes/series allowed.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Anime Moderators

Kara no Kyókai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:05 pm

BlackDove
We never really talked about this. I watched it once years ago, when I believe only five or six episodes were out, and kinda sorta forgot about it afterwards.

I believe I would slot this at #2, if #1 was Ghost in the Shell (2 movies, 2 series, 1 movie continuing the series and ARISE).

I don't believe there's anything more I need to say about it past that.

The show is aired in an anachronistic order, which is the way it should be watched (the order it aired in, and is numbered by).

The order is:

Episodes 1-7
Epilogue (35min)
Mirai Fukuin (2013)
Extra Chorus

It also has one of the strongest soundracks ever made, not even mentioning Kalafina's songs, which were all a cut above.

Re: Kara no Kyókai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:31 am

M.Steiner
Ava and I watched most of these several years ago too. Damn good stuff if some of you have never seen em :)
I still need to see Mirai Fukuin and Extra Chorus however. May keep those until I eventually come to do a rewatch though, that way they are fresh in my mind.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:18 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Don't recall hearing about this one before, and that's high praise!

I shall look this up, though my list never really seems to move much these days heh...
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:54 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:though my list never really seems to move much these days heh...
I could be mistaken but I think the last time you properly followed a season with the rest of us was 2012 with Sakamichi no Apollon etc heh. Tis a shame.
I'm sure you could find time for 1 single airing show though, no? 23mins each week just for Durarara!!x2 if nothing else?. Not to forget the 13 weeks of Fate/stay night just gone, but you've still got 3 months to catch up with that before it continues :)

Seasons aside though, yeah, definitely give these a look when you're looking for some movies to watch!
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:50 am

Padishar
#2? WoW! Will add it to the list as well!

Am currently (impatiently) anticipating the new episode of Tokyo Ghoul √A each week

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:18 pm

BlackDove
Oh, by the way, maybe I should have mentioned this, to make it relevant with what you may be familiar with.

This was the prototype for what later became Fate/Zero and is now Fate/Unlimited. It is the same, yet parallel universe to the Fate franchise. It's done by the same people.

You will see some parallels in how it's done with relation to the Fate series, except this one is not based on what is largely an intellectually bankrupt intellectual property, so it's actually good.

Think of it this way; if the Fate franchise actually had a good original story and not some powerlevel hero bullshit, what would it have been like had it been executed in the same way?

See, the execution is really what makes Fate/Zero and Unlimited Blade Works watchable. Not so much the story or the lore; those are the weak aspects. When you replace that with something that is actually good, you get Kara no Kyókai.

Return to “Anime”