Hokie @ Virginia Tech

Our US players can be found on the Mannoroth PVP server!

Moderators: Global Moderators, WoW =US= Moderators

Hokie @ Virginia Tech

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:40 pm

Magdalena
Can't stay up for long but wanted to let anyone who didn't already know know that Chris (Hokie) is understandably extremely shaken up, but skipped class yesterday and was not there when either shooting happened. He has however lost many friends and aquaintances as this did happen in a class he was supposed to be in.

Though he may no longer wear the SSX tag, he still wears the tag of friend and our thoughts and prayers will be with him during this difficult time.

Love you Chris, here if you need us.

Melanie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:33 pm

Zepol
chin up buddy im still here for ya if you need anybody to talk to, ive experienced a loss to close friends and to loved ones, even on this server
(RIP-You will never be forgotten)Zepol lvl 70 Lock- Afflication and Destruction.
(Reborn)Zepol lvl 80 Mage - Arcane (Akama)
Ive lvl 80 Shamman - Resto/Elemental(Akama)
Faeith lvl 80 DeathKnight - Frost Tank/Blood DPS(Akama)
Never give up before attempting it first.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:08 am

Rlyan
Thank you very much for your thoughts you guys. It means a lot to me. The support you have given me over the past 48 hours has helped me through a lot.

Three friends of mine are dead and they all died in a German class that I was supposed to be in. However, after my surgery I decided to drop three of my classes in order to have a smoother sail back to normal. German was one of these classes I chose to give up. I almost did not drop this class, but my professor Jamie Bishop told me he'd be teaching it over the summer and told me to focus on getting healed first. I was going to take it with Jamie this summer, but he was taken from us yesterday morning. My two friends in the class, Lauren and Nicole, were also shot and killed. Nicole is my best friend Jessica's really good friend. She was the nicest and sweetest girl I have ever met. Lauren was full of life and always up for a challenge. She loved learning German, and she helped get me hooked on it too.

I'm shaken up, but I'm hanging in there. I feel guilty sometimes for dropping the class, thinking I could have done something for my friends. I also feel guilty being happy I'm alive. The hardest thing though is being there for other people. It's hard to stay strong when you need to be strong for your friends. I feel guilty for feeling such pain when others lost a family member. I also feel guilty for feeling lucky that my closest friends are live and well, as if this means I care less about my classmates or my favorite professor.

I have great friends and family here with me in Virginia and in SSX. The phone calls and IMs over the past day have helped me get through this, and I thank you for that.

I am still in shock. I'm okay one minute, and then reality takes over.

If you see me online, I'd love to talk and run something with you. Please don't bring up the shootings with me though. I need an escape and WoW seems to be the best thing available to me right now.

I love you all. Please keep my friends and their families in your prayers. God bless Virginia Tech!
Chris Clarke
ckclarke@vt.edu

Where would you be if it weren't for all the druids' help in World War III?!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:13 am

QuantumDelta
First post I read when I visited the forums tonight, needless to say I really was glad to see your name on the last replied list Chris..

It was the last one I'll reply to though since I didn't know what to say really, other than I hope you will all be ok, and that those that have passed on are resting in peace.

You have no reason to feel guilty, don't get down over it, you need to focus on yourself, and those around you, don't beat yourself up about it..

We're here for you man, be strong.
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:52 am

Brandonheat
this is chilling news. I am a lost for words.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:15 pm

Zepol
Hey Bud,
Lets do something this weekend...dunno go to SS and raid the horde or something...haha

But I understand completely you can check out a glimps of my life story here http://www.myspace.com/dragoncat16 I am glad I wrote it down in a public area were people can see because i get pm's from all over the world from diffrent people relateing to what happened to me and ask me how to over come the scar that is deep in the heart. And all I can say is dont let it take over you...grasp that pain and use it. Do something out of your life honoring the people that couldn't. Continue your life as they would want you too. Because I seriously doubt my mother would want to just see me drug my self silly, and self destruct.

Its okay to feel guilty, but you have to keep reminding yourself, this was out of your hands, I have diffrent beliefs then most people in the religious sence, but i do believe when your time is up....your time is up.

Like i said in my last post Chin up good things are to come, and live the life that your friends couldnt.

now lets kill the horde! :thumb:
(RIP-You will never be forgotten)Zepol lvl 70 Lock- Afflication and Destruction.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:56 pm

undrin
Glad to se ya posting up here man. We are all very greatful you are ok. I will give ya a call after our daughter is born to give ya the details. I would also like to say I am extremly sorry to hear of your loss.
Last edited by undrin on Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox One: Auravil come and visit sometime!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:01 pm

Lilleth
/hugs

You're in our hearts, Chris.
/purr
Lilleth 85 Night Elf Druid-Resto (Mannoroth)
Raevynn 85 Night Elf Hunter (Mannoroth)
Zyllah 85 Night Elf Death Knight-Blood (Mannoroth)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:55 pm

Aoiren
If you need anything Chris let us know.
Aoiren: 70 Priest (Enchanter/Tailor)
Raid Leader-"The tank .. needs full heals.. now!"

Aoiren - "I given him all I got, capn. I dunut have tha mana."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:43 pm

Yukirina
you know we're always behind u, pokey head :p
Yukirina lvl 70 NE warrior
Wpeony lvl 62 gnome rogue
PeonyW lvl 70 human priest
Treat me to Bubble Tea!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:22 am

Alorah
Your loss saddens me. I wish I could offer more than words to heal your pain. There is something that comforts me when I think of loved ones long gone though:

They may not be here physically anymore, but they'll always be in your heart. They've helped to make you who you are and their presence will always be with you and others.

From time to time I feel my lost ones deep within my breast and I know they're with me. It's true that I feel guilty about not doing this or that while they were around, but that's normal. Even if I had done what I regret not doing I'd think of more things I could have done.

Hokie, take your friends with you into your future and find peace.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:50 pm

Zepol
Alorah wrote:Your loss saddens me. I wish I could offer more than words to heal your pain. There is something that comforts me when I think of loved ones long gone though:

They may not be here physically anymore, but they'll always be in your heart. They've helped to make you who you are and their presence will always be with you and others.

From time to time I feel my lost ones deep within my breast and I know they're with me. It's true that I feel guilty about not doing this or that while they were around, but that's normal. Even if I had done what I regret not doing I'd think of more things I could have done.

Hokie, take your friends with you into your future and find peace.
Wow thats deep...very well said Justin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:54 pm

Kikki
I thank God that you are alive! Seriously... I don't really thank somethign so great all to often for another person...
Although I said that there aren't really many words I could give to help you, for any that I could speak would not be enough.
But try and remember your friends as much as you possibly can; from the most meaningless to the most eventful. It will help you. Trust me.
Live long! Rock on! All before the day is gone!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:04 pm

Kayoss
Pokey you're okay!! I don't come 'round often much anymore, but I'm relieved to hear from you.

Take care, my friend.
Minke ~ 80 Elven Priest ~ Mannoroth
Mantra ~ 80 Elven Druid ~ Thunderhorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:21 am

lili
saw it on the news while I'm in china...first time in three weeks since I got to a computer. I'm really glad you are okay chris been worried for the past week.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70
Pocky Protection Pally 70

I didn't fall from grace, I dove.
What do you mean my halo is lopsided, it's balanced perfectly on my horns.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:05 am

Padishar
The whole thing is soo horrible and tragic, am glad to hear at least one good thing came out of it...

Glad you made it out of that mess alive bro :sweat:

Return to “=US= World of Warcraft”