Shammy build opinion?

Our US players can be found on the Mannoroth PVP server!

Moderators: Global Moderators, WoW =US= Moderators

Shammy build opinion?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:14 am

Ozone
KK. I decided I really like enhance and would like to try it endgame. I'm stockpiling resto gear in the bank just in case.

Anyways, wondering what anyone in the know may think of this build...
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

Explanation of a couple of oddities. I dropped 4 points into anticipation to get the 4% dodge bonus.

I've dropped 4 points into toughness, as I like the fact that (above the 8% armor bonus) it reduces the time of stun/slow effects by 40%.

I dropped Unleashed rage to 3 as I can't see it too viable in PvP as everyone seems to be scattered about, but dropped 2 of those 5 points into Improved Weapons Totems. I reckon that with this Anyone within 30 yards of the totem will gain a 50% Windfury total and any within 20 yards of me will get an additional 6% attack power bonus.

Any advice or opinions appreciated :)
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:57 am

lili
For end game you don't need toughness or dodge. You will be behind things you are killing and should not be hit except for the boss' aoe which neither dodge or more armor will do you any good. However if you plan to do endgame pvping then you'll probably want those two things. Just no matter how you spec make sure you have spirited weapons so that there is some kind of threat reduction. you wan t the improved strenth of earth totem because 1 strenth = 2 ap and that's the best buff you can give yourself.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70
Pocky Protection Pally 70

I didn't fall from grace, I dove.
What do you mean my halo is lopsided, it's balanced perfectly on my horns.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:11 am

QuantumDelta
End game raiding is pretty uncompromising, and you wont want to try ench in any form of organised pvp ...trust me.

Is the standard build AFAIK.

Is a variation on the same theme.
Shamanistic rage and Imp WF/SoE is why you get invites.
Without those, you may as well be Resto.

The second build will obviously be significantly higher DPS, the first build helps you overcome some slight initial gearing problems (hit cap for dual wield melee = ~24-26%, + you want 5.6% Expertise to negate dodge).
You should be using weapons which fit into your shock and stormstrike rotation (I'm afraid, I don't quite know the math being that I haven't raided with the class, but off the top of my head, 2.4 would seem to be about the speed to aim for, both off, and main hand weapons), 2hander = not an option.

(STR)AP is your main stat, followed by Crit.
Stamina becomes very important the later into 'end game' you get.
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:13 pm

lili
Stu! we got kalegos.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:45 am

QuantumDelta
Hey grats, we're restarting our BT campaign this week AFAIK, Shadowwench is first on the list (as we've already caught up on everyone else).

Council and Illidan are just a stones throw from there hopefully xD
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:00 am

lili
They need to make boss deaths more dramatic cause half of the time i don't even know that they are dead on progression runs. Even on farm illy still gets me sometimes as to if he's really dead or just breathing heavy.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

Return to “=US= World of Warcraft”