Nermoth, Alorah, Dnejja

Interested in joining our US players in WoW? Leave your applications here.

Moderators: Global Moderators, WoW =US= Moderators

Nermoth, Alorah, Dnejja

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:30 am

Alorah
What's your character's name? (needed to contact you in game)
Nermoth, Alorah, Dnejja
What got you started playing WoW?
An escape from FF11
How did you hear about SSX and what makes you believe this guild is right for you?
I used to be a member
Who do you know that is already in the guild and how did you meet them?
A lot of people because I used to be in the guild
What other guilds were you in previously and why did you leave them? (Lies in this section usually come out and will most likely result in non acceptance, so be truthful... )
KoA- left to join SSX. SSX- was kicked out due to some unpleasantness. S E R E N I T Y- left with just about every officer except the GM and his gf because he'd over ride a lot of pro-active decisions they agreed on. Nameless- founding member, it died due to a lot of people being upset at progress, but also not showing to raids on time or at all, or as the class they had that we needed (healer/tank). Also Wicked Team Fraggers for about a week; I left because I didn't feel I belonged there so soon after Nameless died...then I got chewed out by the GM for being selfish when I not only didn't get anything from the guild (paladin joined but the only time I went to a raid I went on my warlock who had just about everything she could use from the place) and even ran a member or two through Stocks for their alts.

Have you applied to any other guilds recently? If so, which ones and have you already received a response to your application?
Well, I applied to one a few months ago and went on a trial raid in SSC. They were not at all organized and we didn't kill any bosses, so I dropped my application. Although I was asked to return to another run. Guild died a few days afterward, so i don't remember the name. I've been asked to join a few: STNY, Ascendance, Impulse. I think it's primarily due to my having a warlock, but I don't really want to play my warlock anymore. I want to play my prot paladin.

What are the most important qualities of a good guild to you? :)
Friendship and a willingness to raid from the members. I don't mean "required" raiding, but saving X raid instance through the week for the guild just in case and showing up when asked.

Side notes: Sorry to rant here and there, but some things just stick in my craw and if you check with some of the guilds I've been in/tried out I will probably be explained as some selfish person for not leading right off the bat (Wicked Team Fraggers being the greatest example). I know my past is less than stellar with SSX, but I don't plan on playing a whole lot (having started a horde on Area 52 for my brother to level with), so when I'm on I'd like to be with some familiar people.

Also of note: I was an officer in both KoA and Nameless. I prefer more of an advisory role than direct leadership. I only mention this because I think it shows I am generally appreciated in a guild despite my outbursts of frustration (which I have been working on).

Please let me rejoin.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:26 pm

lili
Just observations in or not i'm not voting on this one.

I don't recall ssx- us manno have kicked many people and your kick i was not there for or know anything about.

Serenity situation i understand the gm is not responsible and demands a lot for himself.

Wicked Team Fraggers: One of my friends is very good friends with that GM and they are very much a pro gamer guild. They expect their members to put forth 100% and a recruit probably much more than 100%. Also they don't expect their recruits to lead anything anywhere.

If you say that these guild won't have anything nice to say about you, why is that? Personality clash, loot, gear, consumables etc. Can they back up what they say?
Babydolly Frost Mage 70
Pocky Protection Pally 70

I didn't fall from grace, I dove.
What do you mean my halo is lopsided, it's balanced perfectly on my horns.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:05 pm

Alorah
SERENITY, or Red Equals Dead now, I don't think will have anything bad to say about me.

WTF on the other hand, I think I have to explain what happened in full. When I joined them it was just a few days after Nameless died (I'm sure that doesn't sound like a big deal to some people, but I don't generally transition so well after a failure and since I was an officer I do consider it a failure of myself). I joined while they were looking for members in Trade of LFG. They wanted tanks and I wanted to work on Nermoth since that's what I made him for originally.

Now the weekend that I joined they ran Kara with two groups, but didn't really have a lot of dps; to be clear, the group I was assigned to had four or five tanks counting me. Since they needed dps I offered and eventually got on Alorah, who needed absolutely nothing from Kara, not even badges. She was still in Nameless even. We killed just about everything there except NB and maybe Illhoof. They wanted to finish up the next day and no healers came on for either group. Then the instance reset. No healers show up for the fresh runs. While waiting I help an alt or two through Stockades on Nermoth.

The weekend after I join I'm out mining in Redridge and just reading the guild chat. There's lot of talk of PvP and what this or that person needs to have for a long time and I realize that There's not a single person in the guild I can relate to. So I debate with myself about leaving since I hadn't gotten anything and therefore had no obligation to stay to earn gear. I politely tell them that I'm leaving and it had nothing to do with the guild, it was just me. Which was sort of true, it's not the guild's fault that I don't feel right in there. Anyway, a few minutes later I get a tell from the GM which right off sounds kind of offensive, but more curious of why. I tell him I just don't feel right in there and eventually he starts accusing me of being selfish for leaving because I didn't get any loot and how he's been working so hard to get the guild really active and running. As if his troubles as a GM were any of my doing. He rants and insults me for 15 or twenty minutes. I forget how long, but I remember that I left while smelting in Redridge town and it didn't end until I'd been in Darkshire's zone at the ogres.

I will admit that not getting to do Kara did factor into my decision, but more so that I did not go on Nermoth than that I didn't get gear, when a group is half tank, there's really no need to go as a tank and I really did not want to play my warlock anymore.

So far as a bad reputation for loot, I've only gained loot while in SERENITY and Nameless. As far as consumables, I bring my own and when given one in a raid I have been known to return unused ones. Really, I'm just worried about that GM badmouthing me. He can't back it up, but slander rarely needs to be stationed in reality I've learned.

If you're curious, the leader of the raid I was in seemed to be the head warrior tank of WTF. I think there was a number in his name, but I can't remember. You can check with Jamesons, Duffau, Avariel (if he's back), Diego, Pheobe, Fredzys, Faite about how I was in Nameless if you want.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:43 pm

lili
I know my past is less than stellar with SSX, but I don't plan on playing a whole lot (having started a horde on Area 52 for my brother to level with), so when I'm on I'd like to be with some familiar people.
If you are not planning on playing much and have a past that's less than stellar why do you want to come back to the people who may have had big issues with you. Again i don't know the situation of how you got gkicked, but i trust the officers at the time made the right decision. The biggest thing is what would make them reconsider. Explain to them as to why they would want you back. So far you haven't put anything in your app that would make any guild jump for joy to have you.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:08 am

Alorah
Well, I frequently talk to the SSX member on my friend list when I do come on. But I don't know all the alts so I feel less connected to them. I know a few of the members who had issue with me are no longer on playing, at least this server.

This may sound faked, but things in the game haven't felt the same since I was no longer in the guild. Sure, I've had some good times, but I've been feeling more and more isolated even in a guild. Even in Nameless there weren't very many people I could really talk to about day to day stuff.

A couple of months ago I did some EotS pre-mades with SSX, I was invited to go even, and I had a really good time. Normally I don't even enjoy BGs, especially on a prot. paladin. I know my main hand is from PvP, but that took me weeks to get, I know some people get enough honor for it in days.

I don't know what to say to persuade you. All I can say is that I want to come back because this is the most enjoyable guild I've seen in WoW and I know I used to vent when frustrated, but I've learned to accept the PvP and keep it to myself.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:51 am

lili
you don't need to convince me. I'm not voting on you either way. I might not have aggred with your behavior in the past, but i'm neutral on this. But being that you were kicked i'm just saying you have to sell yourself. If you knock prot pallies pvping again I will vote for no.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:31 pm

Alorah
I'm not knocking prot paladins in PVP; it's just not at the pace I like to PVP. I've actually solo'd a fully tier/season geared arms mace warrior while archers were hitting me in AV with only blues and greens (and an epic shield and belt). I admit that in AV one of my favored things to do at stalemated areas is to charge into the Horde and consecrate/kill totems to distract about half of them from killing the dps/healing their dps. It's always worth the death for the chuckle I have. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:58 pm

Stracius
lili wrote:If you knock prot pallies pvping again I will vote for no.
Alorah wrote:Normally I don't even enjoy BGs, especially on a prot. paladin.
Seems more like a personal opinion on what he/she enjoys while gaming, and not an accusation on the performance of a class/spec in xxx environment. If anything, that was quite the compliment (that and you're allowed to knock a class/spec if you actually are playing that class/spec, which Alorah indicated is the case :p Called putting your money where your mouth is)

Alorah, do you recall the people who were around at the time of your kick? Anyone can sell themselves; I'm more interested in hearing from people who were familiar/involved with you, and those still in contact - you did mention talking with an SSX member(s?).

On that note, anyone else that has knowledge of the situation please weigh in. We need our WoW group peeps to post more frequently, it's deafeningly quiet over here ^,^
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:49 pm

lili
I do play a prot pally, and i do pvp bg's as well as arena. You just play the roll you are meant to play. AV is special you server to tank. all other bg you are there to HEAL so get those gear. Prot pallys are the best healers you can find in all bg's other than a shammy. I achieved challenger titled with my pally as prot doing arena. Again i say there's nothing wrong with a prot pally pvp and should be more of it.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:52 pm

lili
Good luck in getting people to tell what happened during the kick. I asked not long after it happened and no one could tell me what exactly happened except for that Justin's behavior was very much un SSX and there was a lot of drama and crying and hurt feelings, but i can't get any details. And since that happend oh more than a year ago, i don't know how fresh people's memory are.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:05 pm

Alorah
I talk frequently, if not to great length, with Steph and Liz. Sometimes talk to Bill, Jay, and Jerry (especially if it seems like someone hacked into his myspace). :p I rarely talk to Soulbiter, but I don't see him on much to talk to, likewise Trixter and Magdalena.

As for prot pvp, I don't like pvp, that's it. I did some 2v2 with my friend Avariel (holy paladin) on Alorah basically long enough to get people for a belt as I was in green at the time. And I'm not going to be healing anymore on Nermoth unless it is purely back up when a healer goes down. Not that I mind healing per se, but healing as a paladin doesn't feel right and has two effects on me: 1) I get depressed 2) I get frustrated. Actually, is a twist of irony, the reason why I'm playing horde (which I don't like) is to help my brother level his prot paladin. I'm a resto shaman for him.

Paladin is my favorite class in any game where it's available (knight or something similar where it isn't). I don't bash paladins as a class.

Although I won't tell you what happened to cause "the incident" that got me kicked because I promised one of those involved I wouldn't, I will say that my frequent rants (rages) when I was frustrated with some aspect of the game (frequently ganking) was an ongoing issue. I would sometimes snipe back at someone whom was offering advice (all too often Zepol [I didn't mean to snipe at you and I'm sorry]). As for people around at the time of my kicking: Soulbiter, Liz, Jerry, Jay, Owen, Aoiren, Steph, Bill, and there was a paladin around at the time, the name eludes me right now, but I frequently see him in queue for BGs and he has some really high pvp gear.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:56 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Going to throw my two cents in here.

I'm not entirely sure about events surrounding the incident that got you kicked, nor indeed what that incident actually was, but I know it's a very hard thing to get yourself kicked out of the SSX. Being told to cool it and take a few - sure, but outright kick indicates a significant incident, and to be honest I'm not entirely sure how your application can be judged without:

a) Those judging the application actually knowing what the incident was (and looking at this thread it seems to me that lili doesn't at the very least).
b) Talking to those who may have strong feelings on the incident, those that may have been involved in some way, and seeing how they would feel about you returning.
c) Explanations from you and assurances that it won't happen again.

Now...this seems to be falling at the first hurdle, and I don't believe we should be accepting SSX members blindly when something may well have been done in the past that is unbefitting of the SSX, or hurt several other community members.

Now I can't pretend I'm not surprised that current members aren't willing to talk about what has gone on, even in private, considering this application - but ultimately the burden falls to you.

Look at the banner, the SSX is all about Friendship, and there can be no friendship without trust and no trust without honesty. Post here, PM lili here on the forum, or talk to her ingame. Be honest and open about what went on. If you don't, I don't see how the officers would want to place their trust in you that you wouldn't commit incidents of the same level of gravity as the last time.

In the matter of rejoining from a kick officers need to be convinced that the issues are resolved, in the past, and won't be repeated - something which can't be evaluated without all of the officers possessing the knowledge of the reasons for the kick in question. Unless all of those are deemed to be true, it is my strong opinion that such applications should not be accepted.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:45 am

Alorah
Honestly, I would really like to tell you, but I gave my word that I wouldn't to one involved, even though I personally don't think the promise was earned.... Anyway, I gave my word, going back on it would be dishonest and dishonorable.

The others involved, I think, left the server. If you want to know a version of what happened, try talking to Will. He's who I made the promise to. Anything he is willing to explain his side of, I will explain my side of. In hindsight, I do wish I hadn't given my word, but it was one of those, "ok, I don't want to deal with this issue anymore" situations. I will explain to lili the barest-bones details of what happened as my promise was kind of specific.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:06 am

lili
Alorah wrote:Honestly, I would really like to tell you, but I gave my word that I wouldn't to one involved, even though I personally don't think the promise was earned....
If you want to know a version of what happened, try talking to Will. He's who I made the promise to.
You don't think Will earns promises? o.O
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:10 am

Alorah
In general, he seems like a good enough guy and worth giving your word to. In this case, no.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:05 pm

Lilleth
Justin, your app is under consideration. The decision will be made once the officers have had a chance for serious discussion.
/purr
Lilleth 85 Night Elf Druid-Resto (Mannoroth)
Raevynn 85 Night Elf Hunter (Mannoroth)
Zyllah 85 Night Elf Death Knight-Blood (Mannoroth)

Return to “=US= WoW Recruitment”