30 Billion ISK Takedown

Moderators: EvE Moderators, Global Moderators

30 Billion ISK Takedown

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:37 am

SL33PY
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010- ... illion-isk
A massive coordinated suicide attack has cost one EVE Online player a staggering 30 billion ISK 111 that's $1200 in real money.

According to the MMORPG's official site, pilots from five different corporations teamed up to take down another player's pimped out Paladin vessel while he was in high-security space.

Apparently they stalked the player, user name Solarius, for two days before moving in for the kill. They then split the proceeds from the loot.

Solarius had kitted out his ship like some kind of intergalactic gin palace. The total value of all his vessel's brass doorknobs added up to 33.5 billion ISK (the in-game currency). If you were to cash that in it would buy you approximately seven years of game time.

Ouch. Insert your own favourite Confucian pride-before-a-fall proverb here.

Solarius did his best to make light of the $1200 loss, saying, "A drop in the ocean! That fit had netted me plenty of ISK durin' the time I had it. I could refit a Paladin to exactly the same spec if I wanted."

Whatever helps you sleep at night, matey.

Developer CCP Games recently unveiled the game's 14th expansion, titled Incursion. It's due out next month on PC.

Re: 30 Billion ISK Takedown

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:44 am

SL33PY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:15 am

Thunderbird
This appeared in the in-game news, albiet with much less detail. That's a nasty loss though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:40 am

Stracius
Ahem.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAHAAAAAAA!

That is all.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:50 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Stracius wrote:Ahem.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAHAAAAAAA!

That is all.
This. One hundred times this.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:32 pm

SL33PY
I don't get it? :confused:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:11 am

winbrian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:24 am

Stracius
I think you meant to link the Kronos kill info bit, rather than the thread where the victim cries like a little 3 year-old girl about how NPC Police aren't protecting him from his own blatant stupidity.

20 billion isk ship this time instead of a 30 billion isk. Considering I currently only have 3 billion isk (with quite a lot of work, and after foolishly losing another 2 bil to the same high-sec, predictable suicide ganking), I'd hardly qualify that as "not so bad" :p

Ancient chinese proverb say don't keep all your eggs in one basket, else all your egg are belong to us.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:04 am

SSX-Andy
Why would you even take out a ship like that through populated space?

Not that I have many valuable ships, but I keep my 2 bil Golem in the system where I do the missions. Just in case. Have no interest in flaunting that thing around, even though it has a capable tank.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:55 am

Stracius
Call it a false sense of security. Inexperienced players often (wrongly) assume that high security space means you're safe from PvP (even experienced ones can lapse into this false sense if they don't take care). What they fail to realize, as noted in the link to the second similar loss posted above, is that there is no such thing as being safe from PvP. That's one of the unique things about this game - you can operate in areas that PvP action is discouraged, rarely profitable, and highly punishable, but the moment you give someone incentive to kill you (i.e. potentially 16 billion worth of modules dropped), you're likely to become engaged in battle.

So as long as there are players running around thinking HiSec space = safe space, this will continue to happen. Unfairness? Naivety? Stupidity? I like to think of it as, "A fool and his money are soon parted."

Return to “EvE Online”