You'll never die alone...

Moderator: Global Moderators

Will You Return to NC2?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:51 am

Yes.
31%
No --(please explain)
23%
I'm thinking about it... (please explain)
46%

Total votes: 13

Will You Be Coming Back to NC2? - November 2005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:51 am

SSX-Biggie
There has been a massive migration back to NC2 for oldbies and vets, etc.. Gameplay is getting even better with all the old faces around plus the new ones.

I know I am still playing and Anubis is coming back, anyone else have any intention OR even entertained the idea of returning to NC2??
BlackDove wrote:You see this is what happens when you give drugs to Bigs.
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:22 pm

Blue Star
I'll entertain the thought of coming back.

But, the only thing why I'd go back to NC2 is if many of hte original SSC/X-NC lot rejoin as well. Although a lot of my researching was mercenary, a lot of my enjoyment in the game was from within the group itself than out of it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:22 pm

M.Steiner
Atm i won't even entertain the idea, as i simply cannot afford to play NC2 as well as WoW. Theres also the Burning Crusade expansion coming to WoW soon (no date yet) so i don't see myself leaving WoW anytime in the near future.

If i could afford to play NC2 as well, and i wasn't playing WoW so much, it would depend on a few things:
  • Server pops, NC2s pops still seemed low the last time i looked. At least when you've been playing a game with 4.5+ million subscribers for the past 9 months lol. What are the pops like on Terra atm?
  • Click2pay - I swore i would never return to NC until KK got rid of those retards, the reason i left in the first place was because of them.. Have KK sorted paypal out like they said they were gonna months ago?
  • FREs/Synchs/Mem leak - The first two have been around ever since i can remember, are they still ingame? Do these problems still exist?
I still read the NC forums every couple of days for updates n stuff, so i've seen a lot of this NC 2.1 stuff. Have they thrown player shops n stuff out of the window completely?
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:24 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Reactivated a few days ago, was playing most of yesterday (would have been today but for system bootup issues :blank: ) so voted yes.

I'll be playing it alongside WoW, not instead of. Must say it was good to be back last night. And tbh the low pops/quiet channels didn't bother me. It was actually nice to go without spam from people I dont know asking me to run instances or being ganked by horde for once amongst other things. Sharp contrast to WoW, good fun, relaxing.

Hopefully I'll be back for good this time :thumb:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:18 am

Phrank T Phish
hey there folks. Phrank Phish, former SSC, former NC-1 / NC-2 player. i just cancelled WoW and am coming back to NC as soon as i can get money on my CC to pay for it. looking forward to seeing old faces back ingame. if you guys want members, id be interested...
No one loves you.
They're just pretending to be nice. But they talk bad about you after you leave the room.
You're gonna die alone.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:41 am

SSX-Biggie
Phrank T Phish wrote:hey there folks. Phrank Phish, former SSC, former NC-1 / NC-2 player. i just cancelled WoW and am coming back to NC as soon as i can get money on my CC to pay for it. looking forward to seeing old faces back ingame. if you guys want members, id be interested...
You ARE welcome :) Hope to see you ingame soon! FA , FA, FA all the way!! :)
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:49 am

Stracius
If I were to go back to a p2p game it would likely be WoW, or the AO Expansions.

I really like the sci-fi atmosphere vs. the fantasy setting. To be honest though, both Neocron and AO have some issues (read bugs) that really bother/annoy me. Not so much with WoW.

I may consider upgrading AO whenever I get around to upgrading my vid card to an Nvidia chip. If NC fixes some^H^H^H^Hall of the bugs that I noticed have been in the game for over 2 years, I might consider revisiting it. Unless either of those two conditions are met, the only other game I could see myself going back to would be, as previously mentioned, WoW. And I really don't plan on doing that anytime in the near future.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:32 am

Scikar
I've vaguely thought about returning, but there's no way I'd reactivate without PvP returning to when it was thrilling and enjoyable, and PPUs being fixed. I have no idea if either of those conditions are met yet though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:16 pm

Lee
strange eery silence as we remember people..... :nervous:

apparently they're doing a 2/3 week freebie for all nc2 folk that cancelled their accounts, when they release the 2.1.
not certain of it.

to be honest, i left coz i couldnt afford it (after trying wow briefly) and doing any pvp with 8fps was a bit challenging. the graphics update will probably make it worse.

if it is a 2 week trial for 2.1evo then there is no reason really not to re install (i lost a 60gb volume..but recovered everything except nc and a few iso's)

edit: forgot to say hello.

edit2: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=129582 -2 week freebie from 1st dec for cancelled nc2'ers. dont know how its works.....just saw it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:45 pm

SSX-Biggie
Lee wrote:strange eery silence as we remember people..... :nervous:

apparently they're doing a 2/3 week freebie for all nc2 folk that cancelled their accounts, when they release the 2.1.
not certain of it.

to be honest, i left coz i couldnt afford it (after trying wow briefly) and doing any pvp with 8fps was a bit challenging. the graphics update will probably make it worse.

if it is a 2 week trial for 2.1evo then there is no reason really not to re install (i lost a 60gb volume..but recovered everything except nc and a few iso's)

edit: forgot to say hello.

edit2: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=129582 -2 week freebie from 1st dec for cancelled nc2'ers. dont know how its works.....just saw it.
I'm gonna have to upgrade my gfx card, as it is, I only play with like 15fps in PvP--so I'm only good at sniping/droning and at OP Fights, I'm good at poison spamming from a hidden distance :)
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:00 pm

M.Steiner
Hiya Lee! =D

hmm interesting, i just might check it out if i can draw myself away from WoW for an hour here and there.

I'm liking the look of all this NC 2.1 stuff but i have a feeling i'm expecting more than what KK will actually deliver. From all the past experiences with KK... Guess i'll find out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:52 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Come on MS, eeks, you know you want to :p

We could get the clan going again for 2 weeks. Then you'll be hooked! :D

Slowly.....it all falls into place.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:03 pm

Lee
[quote="SSX-Biggie... I only play with like 15fps in PvP....[/quote]
15fps i used to wish....4 people around not doing anything and maybe :D

i actually looked at some of the weapon graphics updates and thought that some of the twilight war screenies look like it. i havent seen all of the 2.1 stuff yet, but depending on how they do the freebie fortnight ;)

as a side not when i was doing a bit of wow...i started a char on bladefist to bother you guys.....blizz deleted my char on the server and locked it 'full'. left me stuck on doomhammer for a bit :(

anyways....may see you in

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:05 am

QuantumDelta
Like I told one of their Devs who asked me why I left after being such a promininent member of the community for so long, and asked me if they could do much for my return:

Delivery first.

THEN, I'll think about it.
TBH WoW = 100x the game.
Only reason NC is even remotely something you can compete with is the cutthroated ness of it.
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:35 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Come on MS, eeks, you know you want to :p
I will have a wander around for an hour or two during the free 2 weeks (probably when Bladefist is down for Maint :p) and see whats changed but theres no way i will be staying.

If i dropped WoW for NC, KK would REALLY have to have changed and actually dome some damn impressive stuff (and i mean impressive, this bit of eye candy their giving away right now may look good, but i doubt it will live up to expectations)

I couldn't play WoW and NC at the same time unless i became a "casual" player in both of them, thats just not me. I'm a one MMO at a time person. I tried playing NC and WoW at the same time when WoW first went retail in Europe, i hardly ever touched NC. It would have to be one or the other, somehow i seriously doubt NC would win. Theres no contest at all.
WoW = 100x the game.
With WoWs 1.9 patch on its way, the burning crusade expansion pack on its way.. And the fact that SSX on Bladefist have gotten so far now, i want to be there to see us finally down Ragnaros, i want to be there to see us succeed even further in places like BWL, Ahn'Qiraj, and all the other places that will be coming.. I want to be there to see that, i want to be part of it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:58 pm

Cyma
Hey guys,
I said no but i was reading on NC site last week end:
Free Evolution Test Run Campaign

In light of the major changes the Neocron Evolution 2.1 upgrade offers, all canceled Neocron 2 accounts will receive 14 days of free playing time to check out the upgrade. Starting December 1, 2005, the release date of the upgrade, all former Neocron 2 players will have 14 days to take a look at the improvements like the graphical updates, the new weapons, the engine improvements and the new content!
Of course the free 10 day trial will also be available at www.neocron.com for those who never had a chance to try the action-packed Cyberpunk MMORPG.

This measure is part of a big marketing push that includes a new banner campaign, a couple of surprises we will reveal shortly!
Also please note that banned accounts can not benefit from this offer.
I will come back for those 14 days, but i wont stay after. Like MS said patch 1.9 is coming and im near of getting 60 on my new caracter on the new server im playing :)

I allready got a good buddy from nc that will also come back during those 14 days... Will most probably get my tank and thats about it.
Huh?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:20 pm

Cyma
Between,
On what server you guys are? :D

Thanks!
Huh?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:35 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Cyma wrote:Between,

Thanks!
Terra :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:29 am

SSX-Biggie
Cyma wrote:Between,

Thanks!
TERRA - - Hope to see you there :)
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:15 pm

Cyma
I will!

14 days free cannot be refuse ;)
Huh?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:57 am

Futile Resistance
(voted maybe)

Hehe. 14 days, might as well. Haven't had the chance to make fun of Big's dying in quite a while. :thumb:

Edit: And while we're at it, might as well get a time to go raid a few OPs... Seeing how this'll be one of those few times that we'll have the WoW ppl back in NC :sweat:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:04 am

Serberus
Looks like i might have to have me a looksy i do miss the old days :p I have a lot of fond memorys of NC2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:31 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Make sure you all unclan yourselves and shout out for someone from SSeX to recruit you to the new clan ;)

There should be one of us on :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:25 pm

Gryphon
NO! WAIT! - don't unclan just yet - it might be worth shifting the clannaps around a bit first :P - even if the cabs are empty we could still use teh space in teh new clanny :D

See. Thrifty-Gryph! Always thinking.

Yesh. :D
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:02 pm

M.Steiner
Meh, to think of all those hours and tons of cash i spent decorating the SSX clan apartment when i last played. I might just keep some chars in there :p

Return to “Neocron”